English Resident And His Thai Wife Seriously Assaulted In South Pattaya House Robbery

English Resident and his Thai Wife seriously assaulted in South Pattaya house robbery

PATTAYA: -- An English resident of Pattaya and his Thai Wife were seriously assaulted during a house robbery late on Sunday Night. The incident occurred at the Majestic Residence off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya. The break-in occurred at a house owned by Mr. David Snell aged 62 who was rushed to the Pattaya International Hospital with serious head injuries. The wife of Mr. Snell, Khun Benjar aged 52 explained to Police that three men entered the house while the couple were sleeping. Mr. Snell and his wife had their hands bound together using a leather belt. They were ordered to reveal the location of their safe and after several blows to the head, they gave over the information and their safe box was broken into. Inside was 20,000 Euros, Diamond and gold Jewelry and a Rolex watch.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-14

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20k Euros at home in the safe? :blink: Is the Majestic Residence a higher end complex? I would be extremely nervous about keeping that amount of cash in the home in any country.

TheWalkingMan

That's not a lot of cash and jewelry. Once decent diamond ring could soon make it up.

The Majestic Residence is in The Cosy Beach area, and not high end. It does have full security with guards and booms.

20k Euros at home in the safe? :blink: Is the Majestic Residence a higher end complex? I would be extremely nervous about keeping that amount of cash in the home in any country.

TheWalkingMan

it's not the amount of cash as 20k in 500 euro notes can be well hidden, it's who knew he was holding that amount :(

majestic residence was touted as a high end estate and they certainly charged plenty for the land, i'd be gutted if I had purchased in there to be fair :whistling:

These sort of crimes are dramatically increasing in and around Pattaya. I had my property broken into not long ago, fortunately no-one was injured, but it could have quite easily gone like the story above. Best decision I ever made was to move away from Pattaya.

I would say someone employed within the Complex involved with the robbers, guards etc. The victim more than likely liked to flaunt his wealth for all to see.

Edited by 111tingtong

TheWalkingMan

it's not the amount of cash as 20k in 500 euro notes can be well hidden, it's who knew he was holding that amount :(

majestic residence was touted as a high end estate and they certainly charged plenty for the land, i'd be gutted if I had purchased in there to be fair :whistling:

maybe the wife was in on it and it was planned O.O

The homes at majestics are typically in the range 8 to 15 mil baht.

For me that is a higher range village.

Security at the entry of a village is useless.

No thieves come through the main entry, they will climb the walls.

You all seem to be missing the point ! It's not about the amount they had stolen it is the way in which it was stolen !!!!!

Who cares whether they had 2,000 or 200!!

I hope they can recover from this Cowardly theft and the Lowlife scum that did it are caught !

Just a shame the security company or provider cannot be held accountable for not doing their jobs.

Edited by Mxcross

These sort of crimes are dramatically increasing in and around Pattaya. I had my property broken into not long ago, fortunately no-one was injured, but it could have quite easily gone like the story above. Best decision I ever made was to move away from Pattaya.

I see so much trouble in Pattya.

When asked to revel the location of the safe I suspect they were in fact requested to reveal the unlock code. Inside info for sure. Unlikely to be solved by the police unless they get a cut.

20k Baht is not that much in a country where all transaction are made in Cash.

TheWalkingMan