English Resident And His Thai Wife Seriously Assaulted In South Pattaya House Robbery

Rimmer

English Resident and his Thai Wife seriously assaulted in South Pattaya house robbery

PATTAYA: -- An English resident of Pattaya and his Thai Wife were seriously assaulted during a house robbery late on Sunday Night. The incident occurred at the Majestic Residence off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya. The break-in occurred at a house owned by Mr. David Snell aged 62 who was rushed to the Pattaya International Hospital with serious head injuries. The wife of Mr. Snell, Khun Benjar aged 52 explained to Police that three men entered the house while the couple were sleeping. Mr. Snell and his wife had their hands bound together using a leather belt. They were ordered to reveal the location of their safe and after several blows to the head, they gave over the information and their safe box was broken into. Inside was 20,000 Euros, Diamond and gold Jewelry and a Rolex watch.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-14

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20k Euros at home in the safe? :blink: Is the Majestic Residence a higher end complex? I would be extremely nervous about keeping that amount of cash in the home in any country.

TheWalkingMan

That's not a lot of cash and jewelry. Once decent diamond ring could soon make it up.

The Majestic Residence is in The Cosy Beach area, and not high end. It does have full security with guards and booms.

20k Euros at home in the safe? :blink: Is the Majestic Residence a higher end complex? I would be extremely nervous about keeping that amount of cash in the home in any country.

TheWalkingMan

it's not the amount of cash as 20k in 500 euro notes can be well hidden, it's who knew he was holding that amount :(

majestic residence was touted as a high end estate and they certainly charged plenty for the land, i'd be gutted if I had purchased in there to be fair :whistling:

These sort of crimes are dramatically increasing in and around Pattaya. I had my property broken into not long ago, fortunately no-one was injured, but it could have quite easily gone like the story above. Best decision I ever made was to move away from Pattaya.

I would say someone employed within the Complex involved with the robbers, guards etc. The victim more than likely liked to flaunt his wealth for all to see.

Edited by 111tingtong

TheWalkingMan

it's not the amount of cash as 20k in 500 euro notes can be well hidden, it's who knew he was holding that amount :(

majestic residence was touted as a high end estate and they certainly charged plenty for the land, i'd be gutted if I had purchased in there to be fair :whistling:

maybe the wife was in on it and it was planned O.O

The homes at majestics are typically in the range 8 to 15 mil baht.

For me that is a higher range village.

Security at the entry of a village is useless.

No thieves come through the main entry, they will climb the walls.

You all seem to be missing the point ! It's not about the amount they had stolen it is the way in which it was stolen !!!!!

Who cares whether they had 2,000 or 200!!

I hope they can recover from this Cowardly theft and the Lowlife scum that did it are caught !

Just a shame the security company or provider cannot be held accountable for not doing their jobs.

Edited by Mxcross

These sort of crimes are dramatically increasing in and around Pattaya. I had my property broken into not long ago, fortunately no-one was injured, but it could have quite easily gone like the story above. Best decision I ever made was to move away from Pattaya.

I see so much trouble in Pattya.

When asked to revel the location of the safe I suspect they were in fact requested to reveal the unlock code. Inside info for sure. Unlikely to be solved by the police unless they get a cut.

20k Baht is not that much in a country where all transaction are made in Cash.

TheWalkingMan

I can't understand anyone keeping that amount of cash in a home safe, it seems the thieves may have known something.

It would have been safer to keep the cash in a secret hiding spot within the house and just a small amount of cash in the safe, that way the thieves would have got something and may have left without incident.

Unlikely that will be caught.

Makes me think twice about living there full time. I agree with an earlier post, live in a condo building-but then I would worry about being forced out the window 16 floors up. I go to Pattaya 2-3 times a year but now I think it might be time to find somewhere else. Seems the news gets worse and worse. I really hate to see what happens to the entire region after the China real estate bubble bursts. Will it be 1998 all over again. Just with how bad it is there with the economy in the toilet, I hate to see what happens when the housing bubble in Thailand when it goes south right after the Chinese economy. Look at all the empty condo buildings in BKK and Pattaya. Just so thoughts to ponder. I hope they don't come true because I would still like to live there full time.

I can't understand anyone keeping that amount of cash in a home safe, it seems the thieves may have known something.

It would have been safer to keep the cash in a secret hiding spot within the house and just a small amount of cash in the safe, that way the thieves would have got something and may have left without incident.

Unlikely that will be caught.

Yeah silly of him to put it in the safe, why did he not put it under the matresswhistling.gif

Personal defensive device is one of the solution. I think they have to pay monthly charge for security and the garbage management. The security company should have made an insurance for them.(or not) This is an example of High End issue that you can't be all sure to live without a proper protective system for yourself in Pattaya. dude...

I would say someone employed within the Complex involved with the robbers, guards etc. The victim more than likely liked to flaunt his wealth for all to see.

Or his wife and or security did and is in cahoots with the criminals...

error at line 1 .... farang cannot own house, only give money to the wife and pretend it was a gift...

can one be assaulted gently ? oh, i will rough you up a little bit now...

I hate to be finicky, but "oh yes they can" - in every possible instance.

It's the land on which the house sits that they can't own and, even then, there are legal and regular circumstances that they can.

TheWalkingMan

That's not a lot of cash and jewelry. Once decent diamond ring could soon make it up.

The Majestic Residence is in The Cosy Beach area, and not high end. It does have full security with guards and booms.

It is a lot of Cash to have in one's house. Why would you keep 30,000 euros in your house in Thailand-How did he get 30,000 Euros in to Thailand. It is illegal to bring that amount of cash into Thailand. What is wrong with a bank. Something not quite right here. Obviously they had inside information

not everyones' parents gave them a big bag of money. 20k Euro is a lot of money to be keeping around the house for a 'rainy day' Haven't you ever heard of a bank? I would be worried about the Thai wife clubbing the husband over the head while he is sleeping and taking off with the loot.

TheWalkingMan

Best of luck to the Farang victim.

And screw his Thai wife, yes? Unless you have any proof to the contrary, why not assume they were a happily married couple who were BOTH TIED UP, ATTACKED AND ROBBED OF THEIR MONEY. Or is that possibility beyond belief for you?

People with all these comments about inside jobs and deceitful wives are revealing a great deal about themselves and nothing about the actual victims.

As to moving away from Pattaya to escape crime, where are these havens of crime-free existence? Theft, breaking and entering, phsyical assault happen everywhere. Even the Queen of England had an intruder in her bedroom.

Early on Friday morning, July 9, 1982, Queen Elizabeth II woke to find a strange man sitting at the end of her bed. The man, dressed in jeans and a dirty T-shirt, was cradling a broken ashtray and dripping blood onto the royal linens from a lacerated hand. The Queen kept calm and picked up the phone from her bedside table. She asked the operator at the palace switchboard to summon the police. Though the operator did pass the message to the police, the police didn't respond.

Edited by Suradit

It started off at 20,000 Euro, but some illiterate posters have changed that to both 30,000 Euros and 20,000bt.!!!

The solution. Maximum 10,000bt at home, a bank account with debit card, and a decent Insurance Policy which covers the 10,000bt cash + jewellery.

Then let the bastards help themselves.

Best of luck to the Farang victim.

And screw his Thai wife, yes? Unless you have any proof to the contrary, why not assume they were a happily married couple who were BOTH TIED UP, ATTACKED AND ROBBED OF THEIR MONEY. Or is that possibility beyond belief for you?

People with all these comments about inside jobs and deceitful wives are revealing a great deal about themselves and nothing about the actual victims.

As to moving away from Pattaya to escape crime, where are these havens of crime-free existence? Theft, breaking and entering, phsyical assault happen everywhere. Even the Queen of England had an intruder in her bedroom.

Early on Friday morning, July 9, 1982, Queen Elizabeth II woke to find a strange man sitting at the end of her bed. The man, dressed in jeans and a dirty T-shirt, was cradling a broken ashtray and dripping blood onto the royal linens from a lacerated hand. The Queen kept calm and picked up the phone from her bedside table. She asked the operator at the palace switchboard to summon the police. Though the operator did pass the message to the police, the police didn't respond.

Not crime free, but massively reduced compared to Pattaya, do your homework