You'Re Invited To A Wedding...

bifftastic

Dear Chiang Rai forum members, :wai:

you are all invited to come and share my wedding day on Sunday, May 8th this year.

I have met a few of you personally and shared some thoughts, opinions and information with others on this esteemed branch of the Thai Visa Forum.

I have found you all to be a rich source of information, wit and humour, and would be very pleased to welcome as many of you as possible on the day.

It will be in and around our house in Ban Sob Kham, which is around 5km outside of Chiang Saen. It will, as I'm sure you're all aware, be pretty much a whole day/night thing, monks in the morning, food, drink, procession down the road, wedding ceremony, food, drink, more food , more drink and...on my insistence, music and dancing! :)

There will be a few folks from around the world (Vietnam, Bangkok, the southern Thai islands, the UK, maybe Moscow and the other City of Angels) in attendance and others from around the corner, hopefully you will be able add to their number.

If you can't make it, just send money :D

Cheers,

Biff

HI Bifftastic.

I will not be around in May but I want to congratulate you and your wife.

I wish you two a lot of love and hapiness for the hundred coming years.

Try to post "music and dancing" on Youtube later :-)

Thanks very much :) any videos of me dancing will have to go before the good taste censor first! :lol:

I see you opted for a cool winter wedding. ;)

Yes, walaan suk suk is the latest style! Didn't you know? ;)

The date was chosen for a few reasons, firstly money. Just finished paying for the house. Secondly was time off from my work here in England (managed to get 7 weeks off before I put my nose back on that grindstone!), thirdly was the moon and our birthdays and all the other mysterious elements that define an auspicious day.

All these factors conspired to make the decision for us. It may have been better to have it during the cool season, but I find, with all plans, reality has a habit of de-railing them if I'm intent on sticking to a concept of my own construction.

So I go with the flow as much as possible :)

Hope you can come.

Biff

bifftastic,

My heartfelt congratulations on your nuptials.

I was married once, on a beach on the big island of Hawaii.

If I can't make it, my thoughts will still be with you and your bride!

Best Wishes for a long and happy life together. :jap:

Ooooooh, wish l lived nearer, drat.

But sincere good luck to you and the mrs for your future. :)

bifftastic,

My heartfelt congratulations on your nuptials.

I was married once, on a beach on the big island of Hawaii.

If I can't make it, my thoughts will still be with you and your bride!

Best Wishes for a long and happy life together. :jap:

Thanks very much :wai:

The wife and I will be there if I'm still in country. Looking forward to it. Never been to a "traditional" wedding in this country.

Just so you know, we're only coming for the money. Make sure to have plenty on hand.intheclub.gif

Just join the back of the line, I'm sure there'll be a spare envelope for you :)

Congrats Biff, me and the missus are getting married on the same day !!!

Cool! Congrats to you too then :) Unless, of course, there are two processions to the same house on the same day :lol: that might be awkward :lol:

bwahahahahahaha yeah that would be awkward for sure !!!

Nah mine will be at kamphaeng phet.

Congrats Biff, me and the missus are getting married on the same day !!!

Cool! Congrats to you too then :) Unless, of course, there are two processions to the same house on the same day :lol: that might be awkward :lol:

bwahahahahahaha yeah that would be awkward for sure !!!

Nah mine will be at kamphaeng phet.

All the best of luck to you and your wife-to-be mate, I'm sure it will be a special day :)

Wish I could be there but leaving in March during this 30 day trip. Wishing you and the new misses the best of times and long life. Welcome to the married world where a new life begins. Peace, bro.

We can always play your song Geno :D . It'll be like you was there ;)

Hi Biff.

I was going to ask for specific directions to your house. jubby just sent a PM to me with the directions, so I'll be good to go now. I will probably be about ten minutes late. I hope that is okay.

Just ignore Kd. , he seems to be tripping today, maybe he's been wacking weeds . atleast two conversations that didn't happen , atleast in my world :D

Hi Biff.

I was going to ask for specific directions to your house. jubby just sent a PM to me with the directions, so I'll be good to go now. I will probably be about ten minutes late. I hope that is okay.

Just ignore Kd. , he seems to be tripping today, maybe he's been wacking weeds . atleast two conversations that didn't happen , atleast in my world :D

Na Pee has been getting here pound of flesh out of him.

Working him day and night. :D

Hi Biff.

Hope the directions are better than those for the fishing.

All the best biff and we will make it if we can.

Hi Biff.

:lol: yeah 10 minutes late will be fine, I'll get everyone to wait for you :D

Edited by bifftastic

Thanks everyone, yeah we'll play Gino's song for him :)

What song is that? Got so many favorites being an ex-dj. Leaving tomorrow and hope during those 4 days in Bangkok, the red shirts do not close down the Thai government offices we need to go to. Got 3 great camera's and hope NOT to take any pics/videos of violence. What a rush!

• 1 month later...