You'Re Invited To A Wedding...

bifftastic

So, Biff, how are the preparations coming and have you had any change of heart about inviting the likes of us? Any cold feet? ;)

Thanks for the bump VF :)

preparations are coming along just fine.

Got all our Chanote issues sorted out and the bank are playing ball, so it's all good :)

I have one foot with fluctuating temperature, but it's mostly warm and toasty thank you :)

No change of heart about the invite to the illustrious CR forum membership, all are still most welcome.

There is a dress code, you have to wear one! ;)

I'm currently in 'countdown mode' here in London, ten days and eight hours fifty nine minutes till 'wheels up' at Heathrow :D

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck and have fun on Sunday. Just make sure you have PLENTY of 20 baht notes in envelopes if you have to go through the '3 gates' on your Khan Maak parade?? I got mauled on my wedding day... smile.gif

Anyhow, I'm sure you'll have an awesome day whatever your plans!

M

Biff, what time is this thing? Don't see it mentioned in this thread.

Directions?

Monks arrive at 07:00 but you can come later for the Khan Maak, around 09:30 ish?

Directions...go to Chiang Saen, get to the river, turn right, keep going straight, out of town into Ban Sob Kham. Just after you pass, Wat Prathat Pha Ngao, turn left at the yellow sign, keep going till you hear a farang screaming :)

Good luck and have fun on Sunday. Just make sure you have PLENTY of 20 baht notes in envelopes if you have to go through the '3 gates' on your Khan Maak parade?? I got mauled on my wedding day... smile.gif

M

Thanks, I'm only having 2 gates, what was your 3rd gate called? Pradoo ATM? :D

M

Thanks, I'm only having 2 gates, what was your 3rd gate called? Pradoo ATM? :D

Pradtoo ATM only accepts 1000 baht notes.

Well it was a great wedding....Biff got all tied up in knots as did many of the guests. None were tounge tied though. With all the food we ate the Vigo was overloaded on the return.

Seriously all the best for the furture and thanks for inviting us.

Thanks all for the good wishes!

It was a great day. With all the build up to it and the preparations, it seemed to fly past! The neighbours appreciated the late night reggae and house music, I'm sure they mentioned it :lol:

Anyway, as soon as we've cleared up the house and everything has calmed down a bit, I'll post some photos.

Thanks again,

Biff

Thanks all for the good wishes!

It was a great day. With all the build up to it and the preparations, it seemed to fly past! The neighbours appreciated the late night reggae and house music, I'm sure they mentioned it :lol:

Anyway, as soon as we've cleared up the house and everything has calmed down a bit, I'll post some photos.

Thanks again,

Biff

Congrats, Biff to you and your new bride. Looking forward to the pics and wishing you guys and new family best of luck and long life. Never been to a Thai wedding there but I am sure it was a blast with drinks, food, music, etc.