BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
WilliamIV

Work Permit For Indian Teacher

He planned to come to Thailand and Attend

a TESOL (TEFL / TESL) course first.

Before seeking employment.

That a waste of time and money. He will be discriminated againist at all levels. Having a TEFL would mean nothing, the provider might claim something like "job guaranteed" but it remains a scam. Best of luck to your friend. Focus on the "computer" jobs, they are usually filled by non native speakers as very few native speakers with legitimate degrees and experience in that field are looking for teaching jobs in Thailand.

I might add that it is hard to get computer teachers who are Thai. A lot of them can get much higher wages outside the teaching field. The more skills your friend has, the greater his marketability.

In the past, I know that Indian Teachers were paid higher wages than other Asians, such as Filipinos. We usually started Indian nationals at around 22,000-25,000 baht per month. A few, who were quite well qualified commanded salaries that reached the 30,000 range.

Best of luck.

The most imprtant thing here is the ACCENT. If the Indian person has a genuine degree, TEFL and an accent approaching a British one then please PM me. If he holds a science degree so much the better. I know of 4 jobs near Roi-Et. PM me and then submit his CV / Resume and I will see what I can do.

Regards - John.