Day Rides, Chiang Rai Bikers

kandahar

Tough crowd today.

The kangaroo crowd is just having their brand of fun. ;)

Careful you know about the rough end of the pineapple and I believe you used to frolic with the odd one or two.

Have you ever watched the Adam Sandler movie Little Nicky?? Look and learn!

Now all I'm thinking about is Tit Head :lol:

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough crowd today.

The kangaroo crowd is just having their brand of fun. ;)

Careful you know about the rough end of the pineapple and I believe you used to frolic with the odd one or two.

Have you ever watched the Adam Sandler movie Little Nicky?? Look and learn!

Now all I'm thinking about is Tit Head :lol:

A movie afficiando. We can provide a Thesauras for the regular readers

I'll be going with the missus tomorrow (all being well), had a bit of a bug for the last week or so but fingers crossed i'm over the worst, it's time to get out the house for some air, notice i didn't say fresh, see you all in the morning (10ish).

Will be glad to see you. Glad you're getting better.

I'll be going with the missus tomorrow (all being well), had a bit of a bug for the last week or so but fingers crossed i'm over the worst, it's time to get out the house for some air, notice i didn't say fresh, see you all in the morning (10ish).

Will be glad to see you. Glad you're getting better.

Make sure you take your pakama's Guys. do some skinny dipping in the river. be a sight for sore eyes :)

We went for a ride today. The early birds were treated to pancakes, sausage, coffee and juice before the meet time. 7 bikes, 7 guys, 6 ladies. Slow, relaxed, enjoyable day. Plenty of stopping and wandering around when we needed it. Most of the route was hardtop. A little was dirt and some of that was a bit rough for a street bike. We took our time and navigated it all safely. It was a slow enough trip and decent enough trails that Honda Dreams, Waves, Finos and such would have done okay. It is obvious that the locals run them on the same trails. Hope to get some of the smaller bikes out there next trip.

More pics later.

post-94255-0-32075400-1298889687_thumb.j

post-94255-0-36783500-1298889742_thumb.j

post-94255-0-95215700-1298889781_thumb.j

post-94255-0-91126500-1298889807_thumb.j

post-94255-0-71153800-1298889878_thumb.j

We went for a ride today. The early birds were treated to pancakes, sausage, coffee and juice before the meet time. 7 bikes, 7 guys, 6 ladies. Slow, relaxed, enjoyable day. Plenty of stopping and wandering around when we needed it. Most of the route was hardtop. A little was dirt and some of that was a bit rough for a street bike. We took our time and navigated it all safely. It was a slow enough trip and decent enough trails that Honda Dreams, Waves, Finos and such would have done okay. It is obvious that the locals run them on the same trails. Hope to get some of the smaller bikes out there next trip.

More pics later.

I would put things slightly differently.

First a big thank you for the girls of the TV Chiang Rai Sub Branch for organisng the Ladies Auxiliary ride today. Very enjoyable.

A big Thx to the Kandy man for being the first to put the concept forward on the forum, and the others who quickly moved in to provide support.

A sort of thank you to Khun Svenian as the course navigator. A very nice and genuine guy. My use of the honorific Khun might help other members of TV understand when to use it as there has been a bit of confusion elsewhere in the forums about its use and the next statement might also help members put 1 and 1 togther. If Khun Svenian lays in a course with dirt elements and the bridge like today without full prior disclosure then i would gladly add the letter "t" to the end of the honorific.

But thanks girls and boys.

As to camping:- yes but depends. Equiptment, location, weather and to what degree Khun Svenian is involved in the plotting

Alas, it has been suggested by others on the forum again and again. The last time, we only got as far as having lunch a few times. But I am all for running with it this time and getting out there at least once a month. Good stuff, today was.

I wasn't going to say anything about 1,800 cc's of Harley easing across the rickety, wooden, swinging suspension bridge. You'll be telling that one until you die. I'm just sorry you got across ahead of me and I couldn't get some pics of your crossing. Maybe we can do it again next week and I'll cross first.rolleyes.gif Nobody will ever believe me if I tell them that story without some pics to back it up. And seriously, I suspect that is the first time a bike that large has crossed it. Whew!!!

Edited by kandahar

More pics later.

First a big thank you for the girls of the TV Chiang Rai Sub Branch for organisng the Ladies Auxiliary ride today. Very enjoyable.

A big Thx to the Kandy man for being the first to put the concept forward on the forum, and the others who quickly moved in to provide support.

A sort of thank you to Khun Svenian as the course navigator. A very nice and genuine guy. My use of the honorific Khun might help other members of TV understand when to use it as there has been a bit of confusion elsewhere in the forums about its use and the next statement might also help members put 1 and 1 togther. If Khun Svenian lays in a course with dirt elements and the bridge like today without full prior disclosure then i would gladly add the letter "t" to the end of the honorific.

As to camping:- yes but depends. Equiptment, location, weather and to what degree Khun Svenian is involved in the plotting

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

I used to work their gigs when I was younger.

Getting off post slightly but you ever go to the Queens or Cloudland?

Cloudland yes, dam_n that's going back a long way now. :o

Some people are showing their age....Cloudland sisapeared mighty fast and quietly...one friday there one Sunday demolished.

More pics later.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

From your comments it seems Khun Svenian should be sentanced to a roasting followed by a sound birching then a dip in an icy mountain stream......

Edited by harrry

More pics later.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

From your comments it seems Khun Svenian should be sentanced to a roasting followed by a sound birching then a dip in an icy mountain stream......

Worries me you know Cloudland unless you are under a non-de-plume.

As to Khun Svenian - yes to all 3 but thats part of the lifestyle where he comes from so we would be doing him a favour

Didn't read everything just wanted to wish you luck. We have done the same thing in the Udon areas for years. Eventually crested a e-mail list of people and announce rides there.

My suggestion is just sit a time and place to meet up, pick something you want to see and invite others.

Accept right now you won't please everyone and that will take lot of pressure off you.

Personally I like to stay away from formal clubs cause somebody has to be in charge and someone will resent it. Just human nature.

There is no perfect speed to matter who leads he will be to fast for some and to slow for others. Our rides are social activities guys brings their wives Girlfriends ect.

Our is sit up so anyone can post a ride. That will be rare so if you want it take the bull by the horns and sit up a ride. On that ride try to get some ideas for the next one. Try to get someone to give you hand with trip planning ect.

Anyway good luck

Certainly a nice relaxed Social trip, more time off the bike than on.

The little bit of 'offroad' seems to be par for the course around these parts. the worst bit was due to the construction of a new concrete road. I suspect it'll all be hardtop within a few years.

certainly would have liked to have seen the Harley swinging away on the bamboo bridge, but he was over before I got there.

Man , the weathers certainly warming up though. I was glad of the dip in the Kok river.

Also Glad Sven took the 'heat' for suggesting the trip. B)

Didn't read everything just wanted to wish you luck. We have done the same thing in the Udon areas for years. Eventually crested a e-mail list of people and announce rides there.

My suggestion is just sit a time and place to meet up, pick something you want to see and invite others.

Accept right now you won't please everyone and that will take lot of pressure off you.

Personally I like to stay away from formal clubs cause somebody has to be in charge and someone will resent it. Just human nature.

There is no perfect speed to matter who leads he will be to fast for some and to slow for others. Our rides are social activities guys brings their wives Girlfriends ect.

Our is sit up so anyone can post a ride. That will be rare so if you want it take the bull by the horns and sit up a ride. On that ride try to get some ideas for the next one. Try to get someone to give you hand with trip planning ect.

Anyway good luck

Some good points, guy. Thanks. When you coming up for a ride? Some of us are already looking for an excuse next month.

I doubt we will ever have a club. Or a leader. Both imply responsibility and I don't think any of us are interested. That's why we live here.

Speed wasn't an issue today. Most of us just ambled along and the guys who got out ahead and had done it before waited at good spots for the sight-seers (me) and off we all went again. The guys who have done a bit of this already were pretty gracious with those of us who haven't. But they also have their own little groups that get out there from time to time and burn up the highway, so they can have some of that on their own, without guys like me slowing them down. I'm just happy that they made time to go with us today.

It tickles me to think we may just post a ride and route in the future and see who shows. But it could happen. Our way of getting anything done here seems to be lots of opinions, lots of thinking on it and then just kind of committing to the last good idea that came along, if we commit at all. If we ever got organized, it would probably scare people off. The Chiang Rai crowd is a loose group in a lot of aspects.

If you head this way one day, let us know.

Certainly a nice relaxed Social trip, more time off the bike than on.

The little bit of 'offroad' seems to be par for the course around these parts. the worst bit was due to the construction of a new concrete road. I suspect it'll all be hardtop within a few years.

certainly would have liked to have seen the Harley swinging away on the bamboo bridge, but he was over before I got there.

Man , the weathers certainly warming up though. I was glad of the dip in the Kok river.

Also Glad Sven took the 'heat' for suggesting the trip. B)

I'll certainly pack swim gear in the future. If we spend time by the water, I'll have it and if not, no biggie. I had no idea we would spend that much time hanging around on the river banks in different locations. But it was good.

I didn't mind the route, dirt, sand, ruts and all. Fun and interesting. I suspect you are right about "par for the course". I'm sure it won't be the last time. I hope not.

The wife REALLY enjoyed the trip. She was glad she didn't drive by herself after seeing the steep ups and downs. But she is already talking about the next trip. Having the other girls along really made the day for her. She's hoping each trip in the future has lots of female company.

The first one is the Harley. I had to stop and wait because of the swinging bridge. Sorry, not pictures of the dirty, dusty, sandy, rutty, nasty trails. I was too busy trying to keep my city bike upright, on unfamiliar footing. Yes, that last shot is a self-portrait. ;)

Edited by villagefarang

More pics later.

I think your count is a little bit off there Kandyman. So which one of us guys got counted twice…once in each column? ;):whistling: