Day Rides, Chiang Rai Bikers

kandahar

Another trip to add to my growing list.B)

Any problem two up?:huh:

Clearly not :)

Its just up the road from where you was on Sunday. take a left instead of a right at the bottom of that Mountain .

There is potential to take in Woralaks mountain as well as phu chi faa , and the waterfall down raylo's way, and a few more things too. In a long Circular day ride from town via Thoeng . Two up and with a few stops for refreshments.

Need to send a scouting party first to make sure 'Starbucks' are expecting us every 30 mins or so ;)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone out there VERY, VERY familiar with the ins and outs of motorcycle GPS units? The wife is looking to add a few models and needs some advice on what is what. If you're up to speed on these, please stop in and have a chat with her. Don't need to drag it out here on the thread. She much prefers to have it explained in person. I suspect there is a lunch in it as well.

So, do we have a ride coming together for this month? It is starting to look like a woralak outing is in the making. The route seems to be working itself out. But, can he make pancakes?

The problem is he's at the other end of the ride from you guys in town. Do you all meet in the middle ? .

Is anyone out there VERY, VERY familiar with the ins and outs of motorcycle GPS units? The wife is looking to add a few models and needs some advice on what is what. If you're up to speed on these, please stop in and have a chat with her. Don't need to drag it out here on the thread. She much prefers to have it explained in person. I suspect there is a lunch in it as well.

Most of us I would suspect use the one's designed for Cars. There's a Huge, Huge difference in price but not functionality.

Serious offroad types would probably use ones designed for walking/Trekking etc...

Edited by jubby

So, do we have a ride coming together for this month? It is starting to look like a woralak outing is in the making. The route seems to be working itself out. But, can he make pancakes?

The problem is he's at the other end of the ride from you guys in town. Do you all meet in the middle ? .

Well, that would be up to the group, of course. But sooner or later, I would suspect that we would all be willing to meet the further out members for a ride in their neck of the woods. Not really fair to always have it in our vicinity. Either way, I'll be joining him in the future, sooner or later, for a ride in that area.

I was going to post independent of Wozzles that this thread seemed to have died since big brother stepped in but

he (W) has turned that around and put us on track for another ride. Good on ya Woz.

Would like to know about the pork he pickeed up. Sounded like a good buy and evening meal solution.

I am still willing to come up that way for a ride so if a couple of others say 'aye" we have a ride.If its raining like

today. Nope. I did Chiang Rai, Mae Sai and Chiang Kong in the truck today and it is now nicely & thickly camouflaged

in red and so glad I did not take the bike.

Lastly I would like to add that as was informally discussed last week by members of the undercommittee charged with

advising the steering committee these rides are not a race or a marathon. Just a bunch of farts getting together and

enjoying themselves and their machinery, hopefully with their partners, while getting to see the country we now live in.

We need this message to get across to the readers who read but never join in!

Kd i'm sure we could accommodate your pancake addiction.

Scorpio no probs 2 up.

Jubbs (IMHO) i think Doi Pha Tang and the temple for the view would be enough for a day ride especially for the guys coming from CR, maybe a stop over (if their inclined) for Phu chi faa/waterfall the next day.

Anybody who wants to do a trip over these parts alone or in a group please let me know, your welcome to call in here for a break.

Edited by woralak

I was going to post independent of Wozzles that this thread seemed to have died since big brother stepped in but

he (W) has turned that around and put us on track for another ride. Good on ya Woz.

Would like to know about the pork he pickeed up. Sounded like a good buy and evening meal solution.

I am still willing to come up that way for a ride so if a couple of others say 'aye" we have a ride.If its raining like

today. Nope. I did Chiang Rai, Mae Sai and Chiang Kong in the truck today and it is now nicely & thickly camouflaged

Lastly I would like to add that as was informally discussed last week by members of the undercommittee charged with

advising the steering committee these rides are not a race or a marathon. Just a bunch of farts getting together and

enjoying themselves and their machinery, hopefully with their partners, while getting to see the country we now live in.

Good on ya raylo, it's true we old farts just like to plod nowadays, but we still get there in the end, and like you said it's all about getting together and enjoying the day with old and new friends. Ya should a called in and had a cuppa or a tinny,when you came through CK, maybe next time.

Edited by woralak

I'm game if we have a few others who don't mind a longer ride. It would probably be an overnighter for me but I need to get out of town for a night once in a while and CK has some decently priced rooms. I would probably make a break for home kind of early in the afternoon, regardless of whether the ride route had reached its full potential or not. But for folks whose butts are used to the cycle seat, it isn't that big of a deal for a day ride done in one day. I hear there is at least one scooter joining us soon for a ride also, if it is held on the right day of the week. Also heard of one fellow wanting to come along with his pickup truck. Sounds good to me.

One other note: It was mentioned that if it is held on the Monday after the Sunday potluck, some feel they can't really justify two back to back trips to town. So maybe someone has some other ideas on a day of the week that is better than Monday. But for me, any day is good,

I'm game if we have a few others who don't mind a longer ride. It would probably be an overnighter for me but I need to get out of town for a night once in a while and CK has some decently priced rooms. I would probably make a break for home kind of early in the afternoon, regardless of whether the ride route had reached its full potential or not. But for folks whose butts are used to the cycle seat, it isn't that big of a deal for a day ride done in one day. I hear there is at least one scooter joining us soon for a ride also, if it is held on the right day of the week. Also heard of one fellow wanting to come along with his pickup truck. Sounds good to me.

One other note: It was mentioned that if it is held on the Monday after the Sunday potluck, some feel they can't really justify two back to back trips to town. So maybe someone has some other ideas on a day of the week that is better than Monday. But for me, any day is good,

Any week day as long as we have advance notice.

Want to try to get to the pot luck so if it is on the day before and I have to choose which one the bike ride wins.

And Sweet Cheeks leave the butt jokes alone

Is this ride to occur before the 28th? If so, I'd love to join in, if not, will be interested when I get back in other group runs.

Hi it would be good to have you along, on or near the 28th is a no go becuase of the pot luck (what i hope to attend this time), songkran is about to take off and they normally start early with the water throwing (over this way anyway), so i'll put my idea up for debate How's about Thur 24th (weather permitting) it's not looking good at the mo but hopefully it will improve.

The roads are all tarmac so there wont be any probs with bikes getting bogged down if the water has not dispersed.

All that has to be decided is the date and the meeting place (my place) or any other suggestions that anyone else wants to make.

Edited by woralak

thursday 24th Suits me Sir ;)

We have a meeting place. Your Place. and a Leader (Worzel ) . there its easy :D

I was thinking of asking VF to show us his map of Tasmania but we're not speaking these days B)

Problem is he would show you and then where would you be?

Thursday 24th March looks good to me.

Edited by raylo

I was thinking of asking VF to show us his map of Tasmania but we're not speaking these days B)

I'd be speechless B)

I'd be speechless B)

As long as it was not at the Pot Luck and your mouth was full?

I'd be speechless B)

As long as it was not at the Pot Luck and your mouth was full?

Now I am Speechless :bah::D

I think it's time you 2 kissed and made up :unsure: .

Raylo, maybe better for you if we met at Pang Hat about 20Sth of Wiang Kaen on the 1155 at the junction for Doi Pha Tang, also the same for Sven (if he comes) where are you Sven ?:) , up to now we have 3 for sure, we will give it a little longer and see if there is anymore response ^_^ .

Raylo, maybe better for you if we met at Pang Hat about 20Sth of Wiang Kaen on the 1155 at the junction for Doi Pha Tang, also the same for Sven (if he comes) where are you Sven ?:) , up to now we have 3 for sure, we will give it a little longer and see if there is anymore response ^_^ .

Alternatively, the townies can make there way to Chiang Khong by the normal highways and do the Wiang kean leg with us too. It would be a shame to miss the River Views on the Wiang Kean Leg. from Doi Pha Tang, people can make there own way home via the nice twisty and picturesque back way to Thoeng and onwards and homewards.

Alternatively, the townies can make there way to Chiang Khong by the normal highways and do the Wiang kean leg with us too. It would be a shame to miss the River Views on the Wiang Kean Leg. from Doi Pha Tang, people can make there own way home via the nice twisty and picturesque back way to Thoeng and onwards and homewards.

Yeah good thinking Jubbs i forgot to mention that, can still meet my pad for drinks and a bite to eat (no probs) for those travelling from CR etc.