Day Rides, Chiang Rai Bikers

kandahar

10 am 24th my place is all good.

Coming into Chiang Khong on the 1020 there's a garage it has an icon in the shape of a leaf, just passed the garage (20Mts) turn right where the home mart store is, go for 100Mts take the first left you'll see a water tank, my house is 200Mts on the right (blue and cream).

See you then.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh goody we have a consensus and compassion.

Then reference to emu / ostriches was so i did not have to explain what an Emu was or describe one. Not saying they is one.

As to VF - let sleeping dogs lie

Nighty night bed bugs

I think 10am from Worzels would be a good compromise. although I do think evryone should get out at 6am occasionally. The dogs have already moved off the yellow line; the insect bloom has already passed; and you get to see the Sunrise

The dogs are always on the yellow line unless I aim at them no matter what time.

I am sorry to admit I am an early riser most days I just do not want to have to get up if you get my drift. Have to and do are 2 different stories from the Naked City. The cheese and kisses is another story again.

Quite often we have to wait for the in laws for one reason or another and it has taken me years to train them not to turn up too early.

Used to get them outside the gate at daybreak saying the wifes name over and over and over ad infinitum until we acknowldged ythem and let them in the property and I dont want to have to go through another training period with them.

For Kandy Bars' info the gate is locked and the ex guard dogs pups give us some advance notice. No I havent installed and programmed the alarm system yet but I will if I know you are getting around our neck of the woods.

I think 10am from Worzels would be a good compromise. although I do think evryone should get out at 6am occasionally. The dogs have already moved off the yellow line; the insect bloom has already passed; and you get to see the Sunrise

The dogs are always on the yellow line unless I aim at them no matter what time.

I am sorry to admit I am an early riser most days I just do not want to have to get up if you get my drift. Have to and do are 2 different stories from the Naked City. The cheese and kisses is another story again.

Quite often we have to wait for the in laws for one reason or another and it has taken me years to train them not to turn up too early.

Used to get them outside the gate at daybreak saying the wifes name over and over and over ad infinitum until we acknowldged ythem and let them in the property and I dont want to have to go through another training period with them.

For Kandy Bars' info the gate is locked and the ex guard dogs pups give us some advance notice. No I havent installed and programmed the alarm system yet but I will if I know you are getting around our neck of the woods.

Show us the pork :whistling:

Early morning Rise !

As for getting to your kneck of the woods, I would have thought its a good alternative way home, via Puu chi faa and the waterfall for the Townies

OK, 10am from woralak's res March 24. Have phone number, directions to house and road to CK. OK lost already HaHa. Should be no problem once on the 1173 road to CK and KD, I'll ride your route back to CR after trip with you. I'll leave here around 0630 so as not to hold anyone up, giving me around 3 hours for the run to CK. I rise early and do like my coffee, so a slow run to CK with breaks works for me. woralak, do you have lats/longs for your house?

Early morning Rise !

As for getting to your kneck of the woods, I would have thought its a good alternative way home, via Puu chi faa and the waterfall for the Townies

The PCF road was a bit shattered last time I passed through in January and all the damage seemed to be on the corners so I decided to give it a miss for a while

or until one of our brave pioneers lets us know it has been restored to its former glory.

In the meantime there are plenty of other roads (did not want to say routes unless it got readers too worked up with memories of ages past).

See you on the merry go round

Early morning Rise !

The PCF road was a bit shattered last time I passed through in January and all the damage seemed to be on the corners so I decided to give it a miss for a while

or until one of our brave pioneers lets us know it has been restored to its former glory.

In the meantime there are plenty of other roads (did not want to say routes unless it got readers too worked up with memories of ages past).

The PCF road? Newbies have a problem with local nomenclature? :ermm:

The PCF road? Newbies have a problem with local nomenclature? :ermm:

Mr McD

Look above and see the bold / underline / italic of one of the threads contained in the post I responded to. No local nomenclature used just a lazy persons abbreviation. I will try and be more careful in future so I dont offend or confuse.

Edited by raylo

Any one wishing to do (PCF) after (DPT) can go via the 1093 i'm led to believe it's in good nick.

Kop Khun Krap :jap: .

I think I'll do the PCF as the WSY to it and CSP. I try and DAIAT so I SOOT.

English: I think I'll do the PCF as the (WSY) wife says to and (CSP) common sense prevails. I try and (DAIAT) do as I am told so I (SOOT) stay out of trouble :lol: .

By the was Mr. McD is Mr. MacD , it is a clan thing, KAR TOW :whistling:

Any one wishing to do (PCF) after (DPT) can go via the 1093 i'm led to believe it's in good nick.

Kop Khun Krap :jap: .

I think I'll do the PCF as the WSY to it and CSP. I try and DAIAT so I SOOT.

English: I think I'll do the PCF as the (WSY) wife says to and (CSP) common sense prevails. I try and (DAIAT) do as I am told so I (SOOT) stay out of trouble :lol: .

By the was Mr. McD is Mr. MacD , it is a clan thing, KAR TOW :whistling:

Mai Khao Jai TLA's

So , ........... We are still waiting on 'lat' & 'longs' for worzels place. B)

shouldn't really need em. the directions are pretty straight forward and accurate unless Macdonald want to call in an AirStrike and rule out civilian Casualties :)

shouldn't really need em. the directions are pretty straight forward and accurate unless Macdonald want to call in an AirStrike and rule out civilian Casualties :)

Civilian casualties, don’t ya hate the crying and caring on about a small errant missile once in a while? Go figure eh!! :angry:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy::clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Have a look at the previous page, lats n longs already posted (or directions even):whistling: .

I suppose the other thing we are waiting on is if VF is going if some of us are going to meet there and at what time??

I suppose the other thing we are waiting on is if VF is going if some of us are going to meet there and at what time??

VF likes to just drop by unanounced. Its a females perogative :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1cwycSWq0

This time the shoe is on the other foot. Unless someone is wearing thongs.

Haven't seen the AC/DC clip for a while. Always thought it was sales / marketing tool.

I am still wavering between going to Chiang Mai to have the 12000k checkup on my Ninja or going with you guys to Chiang Khong and Pha Tang.

It wouldn’t be on the same day but I don’t relish two all day rides, back to back. Will need to make a decision by the end of the day. Either way, I should at least be available to wave as you drive past. ;)

I am still wavering between going to Chiang Mai to have the 12000k checkup on my Ninja or going with you guys to Chiang Khong and Pha Tang.

It wouldn’t be on the same day but I don’t relish two all day rides, back to back. Will need to make a decision by the end of the day. Either way, I should at least be available to wave as you drive past. ;)

Then it might be 'Hasta La Vista Baby" when you let us know we will know then it might be "Hola" or as before. If fate says we do not meet at your place

is it worth it rding by? Asking as one who is ignorant of all the numbers constantly floating around when directions are given. Yes I do understand

their significance. Remind me of TLA's when you don't know the key!

Jubby, assuming you are going :huh: , if VF's place for a link up falls through, Is there a meetup place in P. Mengrai, etc that makes sense. Not sure where raylo lives and only know about where you live. Some place EASY to find. Coffee shop,etc.B)

Jubby, assuming you are going :huh: , if VF's place for a link up falls through, Is there a meetup place in P. Mengrai, etc that makes sense. Not sure where raylo lives and only know about where you live. Some place EASY to find. Coffee shop,etc.B)

I thought I would tag along with Kd on Wednesday afternoon , So I won't be around. Ofcourse your welcome to Join us. alternatively, You can find civilization sort of, In phayamengrai. coffee shops , kiosks etc.. Last time I met you in SOP PAO and took a scenic route bypassing Phayamengrai.

Don't take that road, instead follow signs for phayamengrai. after about 7 k you'll come to the T-junction with VF's road. 1174. Sign posted in English 'CHIANG KHONG' coffee available at that crossroads. or hit that road for approx 15K and you'll come to VF's place, where you can get refreshments and a Shower courtesy of his Daughter :)

Edited by jubby

Will be leaving CR tomorrow between 13:00 and 14:00. Will stop off for a refresher at jubby's place and then go on to CK to get a room for the night. If anyone wants to go along on the early trip, let me know.

I thought I would tag along with Kd on Wednesday afternoon , So I won't be around. Ofcourse your welcome to Join us. alternatively, You can find civilization sort of, In phayamengrai. coffee shops , kiosks etc.. Last time I met you in SOP PAO and took a scenic route bypassing Phayamengrai.

Don't take that road, instead follow signs for phayamengrai. after about 7 k you'll come to the T-junction with VF's road. 1174. Sign posted in English 'CHIANG KHONG' coffee available at that crossroads. or hit that road for approx 15K and you'll come to VF's place, where you can get refreshments and a Shower courtesy of his Daughter :)

As this is a secret between you two can I ask from which direction you would be coming from to SOP PAo. It probaly wont be any good for me as I expect you mean coming from CR and I will be coming from Thoeng direction but still I thought I would make an attempt to break the code in case it becomes invaluable while riding / driving.

Neet one about the Choppers AC/DC good background music. :)

As this is a secret between you two can I ask from which direction you would be coming from to SOP PAo. It probaly wont be any good for me as I expect you mean coming from CR and I will be coming from Thoeng direction but still I thought I would make an attempt to break the code in case it becomes invaluable while riding / driving.

You won't have to worry about me Raylo. I'll just turn up unannouced and offer beer for board :lol:

Can't see any code Raylo. ofcourse he's coming from CR. Just a route he's familiar with. If I was you I'd just get on the thoeng to CK road, 1020 , its fine apart from a few stretches of roadworks.

Alternatively, Why not meet scorpio at the T-junction 1174, 1152 in phayamengrai.

Its only 1 hour from Ck, Very nice road conditions and If VF ever gets back to us, you could Toot as you pass

Will probably now take a break at VF's, as I have no idea where SOP PAO is, despite being there. I need to keep it simple unless I am following someone who knows the way. I am embarrassingly easy to get lost in the country side. Would be happy to follow in your wake on the way up, if I can keep up.B)

VF is not coming.

Edited by scorpio1945