Retirement Visa

CMNightRider

I recently renewed my retirement visa but I got there at 7.30am and was 3rd in line,I left with stamped visa at 11.30 am . At 8.30 am those wishing to renew retirement visa were being told to come back next day. There appears to be no thought of moving to larger prnmises and having more staff.I would suggest avoiding Mondays and Fridays

Mondays, Fridays and ANY day following a public holiday. <_<

I belive that there is a PH tomorow , so Monday will be bedlam in there :ermm:

You are so right. Sounds like an ideal photo opportunity. I thought Bangkok was horrendous but CM is heading in the same direction.

Arriving at 8.15 is just no good now. How far down the q were you?

How long did it actually take you to get the visa when you got in-30/40 mins?

They definitely need larger premises and more staff. Or improve the way retirement visa's are issued for long timers.Heard the 3-5 year visa rumours again, anybody else?

I showed up 15 minutes before they opened and ended up being number 235. About 6-1/2 hours later, it took around 30 minutes to get the visa and the re-entry stamp. The two people that process the visas get an hour for lunch which is cool, but they leave 15 minutes early and return 15 minutes late. There should be four people processing the visas, and they should stagger their lunch breaks to avoid down time. I have never heard of the 3-5 year visa rumor, but Malaysia has a 10 year retirement visa. A 10 year visa makes a lot of sense.

Arriving at 8.15 is just no good now. How far down the q were you?

How long did it actually take you to get the visa when you got in-30/40 mins?

They definitely need larger premises and more staff. Or improve the way retirement visa's are issued for long timers.Heard the 3-5 year visa rumours again, anybody else?

When I went in in early October I got a number and was to;d come back at 1:00. I did and was out of there with my retirement visa and a multiple reentry at 2:15.

I think the advice on going in the muddle of the week and not a day after holidays is sound advice.

Is there not a service that does it for you and what do they charge?

Having arrived later than usual for the morning session--about 11.00 a.m.--I was told to come back at 1.00 p.m.--I returned about 1220 and was first in line sitting by the ticket machine, subsequently got the 'coveted' first ticket number for the afternoon shift and was done and dusted not long after 2.30 p.m. I then had to get another ticket number for a re-entry permit and was all done by 3.45 p.m.

All seemed just about as 'efficient' as ever--this was early in February--about 02 or 03 Feb.

Did seem like more people were 'doing the visa thing' than usual, though.