Bungsamran Fishing For Expats

zoso

A forummer asked about price for expats living or working in Thailand, The normal day ticket fishing for tourists are 1000baht a day. But for expats either retired and living here or working here the price is 400baht PER ROD FOR A DAY FISHING. Just show your THAI DRIVING LICENSE/ WORK PERMIT or DOCUMENTS TO PROVE YOU ARE RESIDING IN THAILAND.

I shouldnt think the consequences of your post (dozens of expats insisting on a discount!) will rest to well with Bungsamrans reception staff who have as long as I can remember batted off this insistance that expats should get a discount. Its true the most pushy of expats do, but they are loathed to give that price away. In order to get that price most polite expats pay a 10,000BHT a year membership fee, and your given a membershipcard (I have it in my wallet I was member no 1!). If however there has been a change of stance it would be a revelation! LOL I did wonder how you could spend so much time on Bungsamran Zoso!

I shouldnt think the consequences of your post (dozens of expats insisting on a discount!) will rest to well with Bungsamrans reception staff who have as long as I can remember batted off this insistance that expats should get a discount. Its true the most pushy of expats do, but they are loathed to give that price away. In order to get that price most polite expats pay a 10,000BHT a year membership fee, and your given a membershipcard (I have it in my wallet I was member no 1!). If however there has been a change of stance it would be a revelation! LOL I did wonder how you could spend so much time on Bungsamran Zoso!

Whether this rest well with Bungsamran management is no concern to me. Secondly it's unfair to classify expats as being pushy or impolite to know what are the privileges of being living or working in Thailand. The Bungsamran management MUST have a clear cut policy in regards to PRICING.

As for the 10,000baht membership at Bungsamran it's only to be sold to expats living or working in Thailand but yet I know of long term tourists who bought this membership. For this membership it's entitle you to pay 400baht per fishing rod (max 2 rods) and 20% discount off for bungalows rental rates.

Also Bungsamran sells a book of 14 vouchers(14 rods) @ 4000baht for fishing. Again this is for Thai nationals but I know of expats who bought.

So what is happening? What is the actual pricing?

As to why I could spent so much time at Bungsamran. Very simple I used to live in Phuket but now I live in Bangkok. I am semi retired and like fishing. Bungsamran is convienient very near where I live. Decent restaurant and I have good friends who fish or work there. In fact I am getting a bit bored fishing at Bungsamran. My friends are fishing today and may drop by.

Are you from a fishing tour company?

I should add though...great news if its true, I know loads of expats who have long since boycotted Bungsamran becuase of the pricing policy, so it would make sense for them to do this. Might make the carp more difficult though!

Although Bungsamran is a family concern. At the end of the day it's a smart business decision to make it worthwhile to encourage more expats to frequent Bungsamran. It's a catch and release pond. Bungsamran will increase revenue from food and beverages, bait and purchases for fishing tackles. analyse there are cycles conincide with the moon phase..haha. this is my opinion. I stopped fishing for mekongs and the day I catch a 70kg plus Caho I will lessen my fishing at Bungsamran

To be honest i think its a new stance. When i first started coming there i could never get the Thai price even when my Thai friends insisted but later on i got it for no reason. Now i get it when i show my drivers license and if bungsamran was a bit closer (or less traffic on the way) I might go more often. This puts it in a much fairer price range I think in the end they would make more money on me this way. Because i was avoiding it before (not recently because i got in for thai price).

I once was a member too that was before i discovered shadow lake. While shadow is a lot harder to fish i made it my primary lake. But now i just get the discount they seem to know me for some reason. Sometimes i show my drivers license. Still i don't go there often because i think its too easy. Plus (bigger reason) traffic going there is hell for me me.

Could you post a google map to these 2 fishing parks? Thanks

There is a topic in here with maps to all fishing places. I believe quicksilver started it.

I can tell you this bungsamran is at navamin soi 42

And shadow lake is near putamon sai 2 (i believe its between sai 2 and sai 3)

Props to Zoso for pointing this out.

Just to confirm that I did go last Saturday (albeit briefly) and every expat in our party got the 'discount'. We all arrived separately. I used a 5 year driving license as proof.

Rufanuf, politeness has absolutely nothing to do with it, we are talking about money.

Dual pricing is discriminatory, an abomination and as Zoso pointed out is just plain bad business. Many Thai attractions operate the same policy offering local pricing for expats wielding a work permit/driving license etc. so its nothing new, and you certainly should not feel ashamed to ask for something that you are reasonably entitled to.