Business In Europe - Permit In Thailand?

Hi,

Here's a short description of my situation:

i'm moving to Thailand from Europe, VISA is arranged allready via my wifes work there. My issue is how/whether to work there. I've already discussed with my present client and they would let me work at their Thailand office as an external consultant. The problem is, if I start a company in Europe and move my permanent address to Thailand, I suppose work done there would require a work permit in Thailand etc, even though all financial transactions might happen in Europe. I haven't even imagined yet what starting the business in Thailand would mean...

Anyway, I've someone likes to comment this or even has similar experiences, please feel free to reply.

Ah - One of the Seven Dwarves !!!!!!!

Here is the cost of getting a fully legal business running in Thailand, along with work permit, extended visa, etc: Not to exceed 1,500 Euro.

To be 100% legit, you would also have to put 45,000 Euro into a company account in Thailand - once - and you could then do what you want with it. You would also have to arrange to employ four Thai employees (which - as "ghosts" - can be arranged for 50 Euro per month), and a formal office (assume 115 Euro per month), and a monthly Thai bookkeeper (another 115 Euro per month).

The costs I cite are almost worst case. If necessary, you can probably cut 25% from each cost figure - except the "ghost" employees.

Given your scenario - and unless yor client hires you as an employee, and qualifies to issue you a work permit - you have no choice, if you want to stay here longer than 90 days at a time, and you want to be secure from most/all potential complications.

So - you are talking 4,860 Euro for first year, and perhaps 3,900 Ero eaxh year thereafter - plus a one-time deposit of 45,000 Euro, from which you can pay the fisrt-year costs, plus your salary.

I you want detail, I can send it via attachment, to a regular e-mail address.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Thanks for your very good answer, Steve.

Starting a business in Thailand sounds doable. I’m still wondering whether it its worthwhile in my case, since I wouldn’t be working in Bangkok regurarly, most of the time I would be traveling in other countries. My client wouldn’t be in Thailand either, I’d only use the clients Bangkok premises for working and no money would change owners in Thailand. I’d just have my regular address in Thailand.

The visa wouldn’t be an issue for me – that is already arranged by my wifes employer, one international organization.

One thing that makes me wonder are the “potential complications” you referred to, what might those be...

Thanks again for your message, would I start considering the business in Thailand option seriously, I’d be in contact, your www pages seemed professional.