Bangkok Bank Brickwall No Advice

Hi all,

I wondered if you would offer advice on best way forward dealing with Bangkok Bank on an issue which belies belief quite frankly.

I went in my local branch to request a bank statement be sent me or issued that has my address on it in Thailand. I have to have proof of my address via a bank account statement or similar, for a fairly simple Forex account application outside the country. BKK Bank couldn't or wouldn't help as it was not the branch I opened the account in!

I then travelled to the branch I opened it in years ago and they said they couldn't do it. The teller informed me that no facility in any capacity to write a document or print out anything exists at the branch which has your address on it.

I know there used to be someone who posted regularly on here who worked for them and wondered if they or anyone else would offer any advice on this. I have frankly never heard such a ridiculous statement in my life from a bank. The teller thought I was from planet Zog even for asking apparently as I was helped by a Thai friend to converse.

very strange I know, but TIT.

can you not forgo all the pain of dealing with the bank and just use an electric bill, phone bill. what about UBC or something. you must get a bill at least once a month with your name on it. if not then the only other way I can think of is to go to your embassy and get proof of address. that will cost but at least its done. you would probably need a bank statement for that though so do check first.

That's nonsense.

You pay 200 baht or something & you will get a monthly statement with all your transactions printed out.

You might have to return to the same branch as you opened the account.

One wonders why their CSR are seemingly so mindless.

I bank at BangNa Complex ^ they can handle any banking transaction.

btw lang - why is everything super top secret with you?

pm me? Why? Better tell your bosses to get their fingers out of their bums.

Keep in mind he is just another ThaiVisa member; not Bangkok Bank's Customer Service Representative for ThaiVisa. If I remember right he said he worked in IT and Strategy. Many banking matters should be handled on a one-on-one basis and not every aspect of an issue discussed on a public blog. I'm just glad he does provide us a lot of banking information; info that has helped a lot of us.

Keep up the good work, ianguygil.

Guess what the OP is asking for is a copy of a statement for a passbook savings account for which there have never been any mailed statements. Rather than say a current (checking) account which has a monthly statement and therefore address details??

If its not the same as it is at home, gotta get all p***ed off and vent at people who are only trying to be helpful. Gotta agree with Pib on this one.

Keep in mind he is just another ThaiVisa member; not Bangkok Bank's Customer Service Representative for ThaiVisa. If I remember right he said he worked in IT and Strategy. Many banking matters should be handled on a one-on-one basis and not every aspect of an issue discussed on a public blog. I'm just glad he does provide us a lot of banking information; info that has helped a lot of us.

Keep up the good work, ianguygil.

Pib, Aurelius, thanks for the kind words.

We will deal with specific customer issues offline and via a secure channel. Not on ThaiVisa. After we have tried to satisfy the customer they can decide to post whatever they want. I would hope that all would expect us to provide similar levels of confidentiality for their banking transactions.

As for the other guy, no need for me to answer insults from such angry souls.

Thanks again.

Ian

Edited by ianguygil

I have come across this before as well. The statements your own branch can print for you has name and account number only. No address. Dont understand it also.

Photoshop anyone? Although I agree that one should be able to walk into the branch and get this done.

I just recently did an address change and it's going to take 5 business days because it has to be done at the corporate office. She had to take about 10 minutes to look for the correct forms (I guess not many people change their address). I asked the teller "Is it like this everywhere in thailand?"

Is there a reason for this separation of provinces thing. Is it a law? Lack of infrastructure? I cant do it online. Or at the atm. Perhaps I could initiate the request online, and then go to an ATM to complete verification? Then I have to remember to accept people and things just as they are, and then make a choice. But my reasoning mind does still wonder what's the deal with the separation of provinces thing.

aurelius- Get a grip Pal and if all you can do is make way off the mark presumptions and insults about people asking for something that is simple and straight forward just about anywhere not just at home, why reply.

Any kind of document/letter would have done, I remained calm and respectful throughout thanks.

Many thanks to those who replied with positive suggestions. I have subsequently been advised by an ex-employee that they will deal with it for me in the regional office which is well within travel distance for me, so I shall see if they can.

If not I will PM you Ian many thanks for the offer.

Edited by makavelithedon