What Are My Chances Seriously?

Fibana

Hi,

I'm from Malaysia, and I've heard that out of all the other Asian countries, Thailand is the least strictest with accepting non native speakers that are not 'white'. How true is this? In Malaysia, non native speakers are welcomed and I've met several locals teaching English as a second language here but I suppose I'd like to see where I can go with this. So if I have a BA and TESOL cert with no experience yet, what are my chances? Also, are the students usually Thais or international?

Are there many female teachers in Thailand? Darn, why do whites always have it easier where ever they go??

Anyways, any friendly advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Fibana

You would have a fair chance, however, you would likely be subject to the "Asian" wage, which is considerably less than the "White" rate.

If you tell us a little about your background, it might be helpful. What type of degree do you have? What type of work are you currently doing? How old are you?

Also, if your mother tongue is Chinese, you might want to consider teaching Chinese. Depending on your degree, you might want to teach a subject such as math or science instead of English.