BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Armed Man Arrested Outside US Embassy In Bangkok

Armed man arrested outside US embassy in Bangkok

BANGKOK, February 21, 2011 (AFP) - A Thai man was arrested Monday after firing a handgun outside the US embassy in Bangkok, police said.

The 35-year-old pointed a pistol at the security checkpoint before firing one shot into the air, said police captain Kosol Rasamibanphotkul. Nobody was injured in the incident.

Kosol said the man -- who claimed to have a microchip planted in his head -- would receive a psychological evaluation. He was charged with illegal arms possession and firing a weapon in a public place.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2011-02-21

This story would be far too easy to be flippant with ...... so .... let's hope the guy gets treatment.

I'm sure he thinks the CIA put the chip in his head or maybe he has been listening to too many of the "Coast to Coast" radio shows.

I'm sure he thinks the CIA put the chip in his head or maybe he has been listening to too many of the "Coast to Coast" radio shows.

Aliens!

He probably went insane due to the much higher fees for services/documents recently implemented by the US Embassy.

All he needed was one of these:

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Edited by tolsti

He probably went insane due to the much higher fees for services/documents recently implemented by the US Embassy.

Absolutely agree! But take note - big sign posted in embassy - it is not us embassy people but our bosses who raised the fees! It is the Beany Counters! Actually the people in the embassy have always been top notch!

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

I wish the article had a few more details. OK, he fired a gun outside the embassy. In which direction did he fire the gun? Maybe he was defending himself from some attackers. Maybe he was putting down a sick water buffalo.

"Absolutely agree! But take note - big sign posted in embassy - it is not us embassy people but our bosses who raised the fees! It is the Beany Counters! Actually the people in the embassy have always been top notch! "

Levity aside this is really a sad story of an individual who has lost it. There is no humor in people taking weapons to settle disputes or settling imagined attacks on their well being. Having read a great deal about other foreign embassies I am totally convinced that the US citizens in Thailand have one of the best embassies in Thailand -Without Question.

And so I don't get anybody in trouble the sign actually says "we are not responsible for the increase in fees". But I think my implication is probably correct! Best to you embassy staff and keep up the good work!

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

I wish the article had a few more details. OK, he fired a gun outside the embassy. In which direction did he fire the gun? Maybe he was defending himself from some attackers. Maybe he was putting down a sick water buffalo.

Better try reading it again buddy;

The 35-year-old pointed a pistol at the security checkpoint before firing one shot into the air, said police captain Kosol Rasamibanphotkul. Nobody was injured in the incident.

Or maby snorting to much of that white stuff....:rolleyes:

Better try reading it again buddy;

Ahhh, so it was aliens.

Maybe the poor guy was just doing what the microchip told him to do.

Anyway, kudos to him and the embassy security and the arresting officers for not going the whole hog - he did point a gun at a security checkpoint (very dangerous) before firing a round off into the sky (we have been reminded just this past NY how dangerous that is).