Armed Man Arrested Outside US Embassy In Bangkok

webfact

Armed man arrested outside US embassy in Bangkok

BANGKOK, February 21, 2011 (AFP) - A Thai man was arrested Monday after firing a handgun outside the US embassy in Bangkok, police said.

The 35-year-old pointed a pistol at the security checkpoint before firing one shot into the air, said police captain Kosol Rasamibanphotkul. Nobody was injured in the incident.

Kosol said the man -- who claimed to have a microchip planted in his head -- would receive a psychological evaluation. He was charged with illegal arms possession and firing a weapon in a public place.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2011-02-21

He probably went insane due to the much higher fees for services/documents recently implemented by the US Embassy.

Absolutely agree! But take note - big sign posted in embassy - it is not us embassy people but our bosses who raised the fees! It is the Beany Counters! Actually the people in the embassy have always been top notch!

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

"Absolutely agree! But take note - big sign posted in embassy - it is not us embassy people but our bosses who raised the fees! It is the Beany Counters! Actually the people in the embassy have always been top notch! "

Levity aside this is really a sad story of an individual who has lost it. There is no humor in people taking weapons to settle disputes or settling imagined attacks on their well being. Having read a great deal about other foreign embassies I am totally convinced that the US citizens in Thailand have one of the best embassies in Thailand -Without Question.

And so I don't get anybody in trouble the sign actually says "we are not responsible for the increase in fees". But I think my implication is probably correct! Best to you embassy staff and keep up the good work!

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

I wish the article had a few more details. OK, he fired a gun outside the embassy. In which direction did he fire the gun? Maybe he was defending himself from some attackers. Maybe he was putting down a sick water buffalo.

Better try reading it again buddy;

The 35-year-old pointed a pistol at the security checkpoint before firing one shot into the air, said police captain Kosol Rasamibanphotkul. Nobody was injured in the incident.

I wish the article had a few more details. OK, he fired a gun outside the embassy. In which direction did he fire the gun? Maybe he was defending himself from some attackers. Maybe he was putting down a sick water buffalo.

Or maby snorting to much of that white stuff....:rolleyes:

Better try reading it again buddy;

Ahhh, so it was aliens.

Maybe the poor guy was just doing what the microchip told him to do.

Anyway, kudos to him and the embassy security and the arresting officers for not going the whole hog - he did point a gun at a security checkpoint (very dangerous) before firing a round off into the sky (we have been reminded just this past NY how dangerous that is).

Disturbed or crazy?

its scary aint it......because he is not the only one running around with mental disorders.

the fact that Thailand has no safetynet in place for these buggers is a great cuase of concern to me.

it means they are among us ......roaming the streets.

HUW.

hgma

Gunman thought to be crazy

By The Nation

Police arrested a man yesterday for firing a bullet into a security booth in front of the US Embassy in Bangkok.

The gunman, identified as Namassakarn Jaroonsoponsak, welcomed his arrest.

Police believed the suspect, 36, could be mentally ill.

They quoted him as saying: "I knew that police would arrest me and send me to the US. That's good because I want to ask US President Barack Obama for help because his predecessor George W Bush and former British prime minister Tony Blair embedded electronic devices in me and it has driven me crazy."

Police found patient cards for Namassakarn issued by many medical facilities, including the Prasat neurological centre. He will be sent for a test soon to assess his mental health.

Initially, he was charged with possessing a gun and ammunition without authorisation, and other charges relating to the shooting.

No-one was injured by the shot he fired because the bullet hit a bullet-proof booth.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-02-22

The AFp news Sponsor says, A] "pointed a pistol at the security checkpoint", before B] "...firing into the air".

The Nation says, "the bullet hit a bullet-proof booth."

Does that mean the Nation is reporting the final path of the bullet upon its re-entry into our atmosphere; or do these reporters also have chips embedded in their heads?

Edited by cup-O-coffee

George W Bush and former British prime minister Tony Blair embedded electronic devices in me and it has driven me crazy.

Definitely aliens.

Al Gore talks to 'em you know.

Isn't that just like Blair and Bush to use our tax dollars to go around implanting electronic devices in non-US and British citizens! :realangry:

George W Bush and former British prime minister Tony Blair embedded electronic devices in me and it has driven me crazy.

Isn't that just like Blair and Bush to use our tax dollars to go around implanting electronic devices in non-US and British citizens! :realangry:

cheneyc.jpg

"Ch - Ch - Ch - Cheney !!..." *

Insane Man Fires Pistol at US Embassy

Police have arrested an insane man who fired his pistol at the US Embassy of Thailand.

Thirty six year old, Namassakarn Jaroonsoponsak stood in front of the United States embassy of Thailand at 12.30 P.M..

As soon as he saw a security guard, he fired a 22 pistol he was carrying at the bullet-proof booth and tried to burn an American flag he had carried in his bag.

The man oddly welcomed his arrest when the security guards ordered him to stop firing.

He said that he wanted to be arrested and be sent to the US so that President Barack Obama could help him.

He accused the former US president George W Bush and former British prime minister Tony Blair of embedding an electronic chip into his head.

During his confession, the man said that it happened to him 10 years ago when he went to study in the US.

When he got back and continued his career as a taxi driver, he found that he suffered constantly form headaches, nausea, and often heard conversations and sounds in his head.

He had consulted doctors about his symptoms, and was diagnosed with psychosis.

The man said he only wanted to submit a letter to request justice from the US embassy before deciding to fire at the Embassy, as he knew that it would not cause any injuries.

Police found three 22 ammunition cartridges in his pocket.

They initially charged him with possession of firearms without authorization, as well as several other charges relevant to the shooting.

As the man claims to be mentally ill, he will be sent for a mental examination before facing further legal proceedings.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-02-22

footer_n.gif

* Disclaimer: While the photo is Namassakarn Jaroonsoponsak, it is unknown exactly when he said.

Edited by Buchholz

The AFP news Sponsor says, A] "pointed a pistol at the security checkpoint", before B] "...firing into the air".

The Nation says, "the bullet hit a bullet-proof booth."

another source says:

As soon as he saw a security guard, he fired a 22 pistol he was carrying at the bullet-proof booth

as well as adds several things for the first time, eg.:

and tried to burn an American flag he had carried in his bag.

the man said that it happened to him 10 years ago when he went to study in the US.

He had consulted doctors about his symptoms, and was diagnosed with psychosis.

Yes seen this so often...

Problem is they need to take out half his brain to make way for the chip which is housed in an enclosure along with the NiCad batteries.

He was probaly not shooting because the chip told him to do it, it was more likely caused by him only having half a brain.

Poor fella I doubt he will ever get the stolen half brain back as the CIA will just deny involvement and wrongfully call him a nutter just to protect themselves.

:rolleyes:

"When he got back and continued his career as a taxi driver, he found that he suffered constantly form headaches, nausea, and often heard conversations and sounds in his head."

Damned, now I have to look for a new taxi driver. Reliable drivers like this one are difficult to find in LOS ;-)