Ao Nang - Current Situation ?

isaksson_j

Hi

W have been to Ao Nang a couple times and it´s approx three years since the last visit. Now we are planning a new trip to THailand in Nov 2005 and is thinking of visit Ao Nang again.

How is the situation in general nowdays (After Tsunami)

Is everything restored and up´n running?

Where there any casaulties in Ao Nang?

Is Poda and Chicken open as usual?

Damage at Koh Hong?

Is someone in this Forum living in Ao Nang?

We have tried to locate some friends through Krabipost.com, without success.

Is it possible to "look" for missing friends here?

B.regards

Johan

Hi Johan, I don't live in Krabi but have been to Ao Nang a few times since the wave and rest assured, you likely won't notice any damage at all. They were 'up and running' again in less than two weeks for the most part. If anything, Ao Nang in particular is opening new hotels and new housing is popping up all along the hillside opp the beach areas (sigh, was bound to happen anyways- Ao Nang is still a charmer tho).

I know the owner of Krabi Post and I believe he may be enroute back from Europe at the moment- maybe try them again later. As far as missing friends, alot of Krabi locals relocated to other parts seeking work (due to misinformation in pursuit of the Intnl media's ratings races, scaring off potential visitors). So, if you can't reach past friends, don't despair.

ThaiVisa.com has maintained a Tsunami forum, where you can also search/post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=57

Your name sounds Scandinavian (Swedish?) and if so, sadly alot of your countrymen were victims in the overall tragedy, sincere condolences. Just curious, what is the current view or common perception from people wherever you are, about the present day situation here? What is your feeling as well?

Tak,

Daniel

Edited by baht&sold

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your information and the sympathy for the swedish victims and their relatives. Same story goes around: almost everyone knows someone who is missing, dead or injured.

I am in a hurry for the moment, but I will publish a more detailed answer for your questions later

Once again: thanks for the info!

//Johan, Stockholm, Sweden

Hi

W have been to Ao Nang a couple times and it´s approx three years since the last visit. Now we are planning a new trip to THailand in Nov 2005 and is thinking of visit Ao Nang again.

How is the situation in general nowdays (After Tsunami)

Is everything restored and up´n running?

Where there any casaulties in Ao Nang?

Is Poda and Chicken open as usual?

Damage at Koh Hong?

Is someone in this Forum living in Ao Nang?

We have tried to locate some friends through Krabipost.com, without success.

Is it possible to "look" for missing friends here?

B.regards

Johan

Hi Johan.As the other person said,Ao Nang was looking back to normal only a few days after the Tsunami.I was here on 26th Dec and from what I actually witnessed myself,I would never have believed that such a loss of life would have occured.There was approx 130 lost in and around Ao Nang,but there was a much greater loss in the Kao Lak area-as Im sure you are well aware as this is where most of your countrymen found an untimely end to their lives,for which I also would like to offer my sincerest condolences to you and the people of your country.But on a more happier note, you will find the whole of this area as you last saw it,apart from maybe a few more buildings that have popped up and are still popping up.When you do arrive,be sure to come to J.Js sports bar,about half way along the beach road,and say hello-my name is Rik. Bye for now.