Mae Rim Residents!

jackr

No longer being a permanent resident I assume that the Farang population of Mae Rim has grown significantly since I got married there and the entire Farang population could be counted on the fingers of one hand.

At one time the late Mad Mike ran a public swimming pool of sorts just south of town and further south is the "Sports Club" but I have never been inside to see it.

Perhaps if you can sneek into the Four Seasons Hotel they might have some gym and spa facilties. There are great bicycle routes around the town and going out past the Prem School in Tambon Sansai heading north towards Mae Tang. Other than that, as the previous poster noted, it is a fairly quiet bedroom community of farmers and government bureaucrats.

No longer being a permanent resident I assume that the Farang population of Mae Rim has grown significantly since I got married there and the entire Farang population could be counted on the fingers of one hand.

At one time the late Mad Mike ran a public swimming pool of sorts just south of town and further south is the "Sports Club" but I have never been inside to see it. 

Perhaps if you can sneek into the Four Seasons Hotel they might have some gym and spa facilties.  There are great bicycle routes around the town and going out past the Prem School in Tambon Sansai heading north towards Mae Tang.  Other than that, as the previous poster noted, it is a fairly quiet bedroom community of farmers and government bureaucrats.

Four seasons certainly has but not sure if available, but definitely would be pricey if available. The resort/club on the main road (something Valley) had one. Their was some kind of private club a bit south of that and a couple of blocks in to the east. Then there is the 7000 stadium which is not too far south also.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. I currently go to a gym near the city, but being north of Chiang Mai it'd be nice to avoid the diesel-spewing wrecks that inhabit these roads...I'm on the bike.

Stadium (700 years) ain't much cop. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Was at the Green Valley Golf Club in May and they are in the process of building what they described as a "Sports Centre" (opposite the Club House) Dont know what facilities it will include and it looked a fair way from completion, but it might be worthwhile enquiring for for the future.