Extending Tourist Visa By 50 Days

I think he doesn't have a tourist visa because with a tourist visa you get 60 days on entry.

I think you should apply for a tourist visa in vietnam or cambodja or laos and then on entry you get 60 days, which you can extend with 30 days at any immigration office in thailand for 1900 baht

If you arrive into thailand without a visa you get 30 days if you arrive by air, if you arrive over land you get 15 days.

Edited by baco

You don't have a tourist visa, you have a 30 day exemption. You can re-enter Thailand after travelling to Vietnam (by air) & immigration will give you another 30 days. Alternatively, you could obtain a (free ATM) 60 day tourist visa at the Thai Consulate in Hanoi.:ph34r:

I think you are correct. The girl will not have a 60 day tourist visa but a 30 day tourist visa exemption obtained on arrival. So what does she do next. Can she apply for a 60 day tourist visa in Vietnam? And how long would that take, what is required etc?

You don't have a tourist visa, you have a 30 day exemption. You can re-enter Thailand after travelling to Vietnam (by air) & immigration will give you another 30 days. Alternatively, you could obtain a (free ATM) 60 day tourist visa at the Thai Consulate in Hanoi.:ph34r:

What is a free ATM 60 day tourist visa. What does it cost how long does it take and what forms are needed?

Will take 2 or 3 working days i Think, you need fill in the application form and 2 photo's and proof of onward travel I believe the tourist visa'a are still free.

Thats fantastic feedback...........not sure The girl has the required 2 or three days...........

maybe she will have to go back or to Ventienne..........

Thanks for all help

What is a free ATM 60 day tourist visa. What does it cost how long does it take and what forms are needed?

Sorry, the 60 day tourist visa is free (no cost) until 31st March, or ~ 30 euro after that date. You only need your passport & to fill in a form stating that you have enough money for your holiday. It should take 5 minutes, but some consulates ask you to come back the next day. I don't know about Hanoi so maybe someone with experience can tell us.:)