BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
pomchop

Mcdonalds Comes To Chiang Rai

Pancakes and sausage at my house for breakfast this morning. Where are you? You've got about ten minutes left before your share gets eaten.

bad directions? I've heard they can cost you 10 minutes :)

Exactly!laugh.gifclap2.gif

I do not like the food of McD's very much at all . Years ago as a customs and excise officer , my father used to turn away trucks full of what he classed as substandard meat for human consumption , it was headed for the McD's plant .

BUT, I spent a few weeks a while ago in Isan, living off of boiled rice, fruit ,bugs and the odd bit of chicken and fish. I was really desperate for some good food , so when I got back to Bangkok, Instead of going to the nearest decent restaurant for a steak or whatever, I went into McD's for a burger and fries, purely psychological . :D

For better or worse?

FOR WORSE - even more obese kids waddling about the Rai.

The Thai kids that can afford to overindulge on Maccas will be able afford personal trainers in later life.

Bad news :bah:, well bad news for me cos they should have opened up in Ubon so l can have my BigMac x 2 fix. Sad l know but l have emailed McD's four times now to see if they have plans in my area but only one reply stating my question will be passed on to the relevant department, two months now to translate my two liner. :rolleyes:

For better or worse?

FOR WORSE - even more obese kids waddling about the Rai.

SUGAR, Thais love sugar in/on anything, take a look what the kids are eating, the fat ones that is, SUGAR stuff.

I wonder if they will have the huge McDonald's Arch on the grounds in front. It seems very popular with the youthful couples these days to get their pictures taken standing under the arch of that big letter "M", kissing each other between the legs. Could become a real tourist thing.

I used to own several Wimpy Bar's in the UK pre-runner there for Mc, Patties, cooked on a griddle same as Mc if any of you had seen the FAT the collected in the drip tray's you would never eat another one, it used to be put in a one gallon "English" tin and disposed of every hour or so. By he end of the day it was a solid mass. That what go's inside you. Just another reason why the peep's in the US are so FAT and die of heart problem's. I wont go down the road of what sort of meat go's into them. Just plod along and DIE young. Enjoy.

I wonder if they will have the huge McDonald's Arch on the grounds in front. It seems very popular with the youthful couples these days to get their pictures taken standing under the arch of that big letter "M", kissing each other between the legs. Could become a real tourist thing.

Note to self: Watch your wording more carefully in the future.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In one of the Ducati forums I frequent, I mentioned to a poster that there are some words that should not be placed in the same sentence.

He crapped himself when he realised what he had posted

Married with a 17YO DAUGHTER.....she wants to ride my Monster!
:blink: Edited by Garry

Note to self: Watch your wording more carefully in the future.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In one of the Ducati forums I frequent, I mentioned to a poster that there are some words that should not be placed in the same sentence.

He crapped himself when he realised what he had posted

Married with a 17YO DAUGHTER.....she wants to ride my Monster!
:blink:

Yup

I used to own several Wimpy Bar's in the UK pre-runner there for Mc, Patties, cooked on a griddle same as Mc if any of you had seen the FAT the collected in the drip tray's you would never eat another one, it used to be put in a one gallon "English" tin and disposed of every hour or so. By he end of the day it was a solid mass. That what go's inside you. Just another reason why the peep's in the US are so FAT and die of heart problem's. I wont go down the road of what sort of meat go's into them. Just plod along and DIE young. Enjoy.

Sounds like you were purchasing fat with a little meat mixed in. I hope you weren't charging meat prices to the customers.