Rolling stones concert in Bangkok

george

BANGKOK: Legendary rockers the Rolling Stones will play their first-ever concert in Thailand April 8 as part of the Asia leg of their 40th anniversary tour, organisers announced Tuesday.

"The concert is going to be played at Bangkok's Impact Arena on April 8," project manager Kirk Chaba of event organizer BEC-Tero told AFP.

----

Anyone here going?

From khaosanroad.com web site today:

"FARANG Magazine is organising a Bangkok Beatbus Special to the concert on April 8. Tickets are available at Bt1,500 or Bt3,000 from Olavi Tours - opposite reception in Buddy Lodge on Khasoan Road or opposite Gulliver's on Chakrapongse Rd. Transport to and from the concert (advisable as the venue is miles out of Bangkok and getting back is a nightmare) is available for Bt200 return.

For more info or advance booking contact [email protected]

Sorted!

• 2 weeks later...

Stones to keep fans hanging for 2 days

Virus forces change in itinerary for tour

The Rolling Stones have postponed their Bangkok show from Tuesday April 8 to Thursday April 10, according to promoter BEC TERO Entertainment Co.

The company said in a press release the Forty Licks world tour schedule had changed following the cancellation of some concerts.

Concerts in Shanghai on April 1 and Beijing on April 4 have been cancelled due to World Health Organisation and Centres for Disease Control warnings over severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars), and concerns from the Chinese public over the safety of large public gatherings.

The Rolling Stones tour will continue with concerts on April 4 in Bangalore, April 7 in Mumbai and April 10 in Bangkok.

In the statement, vocalist Mick Jagger says: ``We are very sad and disappointed not to be able to do these concerts. We have been looking forward to the shows in China for so long and will reschedule them as soon as possible.''

Due to the change in schedule, it was necessary to move the Bangkok date to April 10.

The band has assured the promoter it will perform in Bangkok.

The band apologised for any inconvenience caused by the date change.

All tickets already issued will be honoured on the new date.

Ticket holders unable to go on the new date will get a full refund from the Thaiticketmaster head office, 24th floor, Emporium Tower, Sukhumvit Road, from April 2-8, 10am - 6pm.

Earlier this week the ageing rockers cancelled two concerts in Hong Kong this weekend, also due to fears over Sars, which has claimed more than 50 lives and infected about 1,500 people.

I'll be getting the refund. I'm really disapointed. I live in Sakon Nakhon and because of Songkran there is no way I can get back up here on the 11th or 12th. In fact, all the buses until the 16th are booked. It's no problem getting to Bangkok. It's getting back that's the killer.

Anybody from Udon or Khon Kaen going? I need a ride!

• 2 weeks later...

Stones member stable after heart attack  

Mumbai, April 9  

While the original 'bad boys' of rock-n-roll - the Rolling Stones - stole the hearts of thousands of fans here with their performance Monday night, little did the fans know that a member of the production team, Jim Callaghans, had suffered a massive heart attack on Sunday night and had been battling for life in a city hospital.

Callaghans, who handles an aspect of production for the entourage, was admitted to the Bombay Hospital, well-placed hospital sources said, adding that he would not have survived had it not been for an emergency angioplasty undertaken by noted cardiologist Dr B K Goyal.

The sources said Callaghans was brought into the hospital in a "critical" condition but, after the operation, was in a stable condition on Tuesday, and recuperating, the sources added.

The four-member Rolling Stones led by Mick Jagger had performed here at the Brabourne Stadium. The British rock-n-roll group, meanwhile, will go on to Bangkok from here as part of their '40 Licks' tour.

Breaking News:

STONES BANGKOK CONCERT CANCELLED

http://forum.thaivisa.com/cgi-bin/ikonboar...ct=ST;f=4;t=708

• 17 years later...

2003 ......any era i would have missed with pleasure....a boring band indeed....at least Old Eric and a few others rearrange there hits to make it fresh but not the OLD Stones....another era long gone...tired stale and they have there followers who are stuck in the mud with them.....

On 8/27/2020 at 9:45 PM, AlexRRR said:

2003 ......any era i would have missed with pleasure....a boring band indeed....at least Old Eric and a few others rearrange there hits to make it fresh but not the OLD Stones....another era long gone...tired stale and they have there followers who are stuck in the mud with them.....

If it ain't broke.......