Quik Fire Gas Bbq'S

quik-firebbq

logo-site.png

QUIK-FIRE StainlessBBQ's are hand crafted to

American Quality Standards, and sold factory direct in,

Udon Thani. Low cost Shipping throughout Thailand.

Fast, and friendly, customer service.

You save with Factory Direct pricing.

Numerous models to choose from, please contact us today.

http://www.gasbbqthailand.com,

Or, search: "Quik-Fire best BBQ's in Thailand"

Below are samplings ofthe many feedbacks we have received.

Re: Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com

by jimboLV» July 21, 2010, 1:51 pm

I finally got around to getting one of Doc’s legendarybarbecues, and believe me, it’s all it’s said to be – and more. This thing is awork of art, a fine piece of equipment. I have missed barbecuing since comingto Thailand, as I used to do practically all my cooking in the states on theBBQ. I was an equipment design engineer for part of my previous life so I knowhow to recognize well designed and well built equipment. Doc showed me aroundhis shop and I could see that he is using top of the line materials, 304Stainless on practically everything; all welded construction, not boltedtogether, and the weld finishing is first rate.

I ended up with the deluxe model with insulated cover, as I was interested inusing it as an oven. I used mine in the States as an oven but the cover wasn’tinsulated and I could just feel the BTU’s going out into the air. I started outdoing the standard grilled chicken, ribs and burgers and they came out justfine. But I was most interested in how it would perform as an oven. I bakedsome lasagna, a broccoli casserole in Bechamel sauce, and roasted a chicken.They came out perfect. The heat control is a little touchy, but once you get tothe right temperature, it stays there and the heat is even throughout theentire grill, no hot or cold spots that I could tell.

The real test of any oven is how it does baking bread. So I whipped up a yeastbread batter (after a couple of failed attempts to capture some Thai wild yeastfor sourdough) and once again, the bread came out perfect. Many bread recipessay to turn the bread during baking because most ovens have uneven temperaturedistribution. I didn’t bother turning mine and placed two loaves in differentparts of the oven. They both came out evenly baked.

So I am a happy camper on this one. I would highly recommend Doc’s Quik-Fire,especially if you want to upgrade your Thai kitchen to do some baking. You willhave a superior oven and also a first class barbecue grill.

Re: Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com

by docta» October 4, 2010, 3:58 pm

Another very nice feedback sent to Quik-Fire today from oursuper customer, Dave.

Dave purchased two bbq's, the Signature TT, and a custom Charcoal SS MasterDeluxe.

Thanks Mate.

Hi Doc,

Well what more to say but absolute quality.

My BBQ's are the envy of all who have set eyes on them. As you know we had a

special area built to place them on and they look a treat. The build quality

is great and as others have mentioned they will (with loving care) last

forever. The Charcoal BBQ has gone down very well with the Thai contingent

of my family and I have had a field day with the SS Signature, cooking all

sorts. Us Brits are infamously bad with Barbeques but these are easy to use

and control and I haven't burnt anything yet!

As for Quik-Fire, well again great service, from initial contact, through

consultation on requirements, regular updates on the build progress and first

class delivery with plenty protection for the units during transportation.

A very well deserved pat on the back from a very happy customer, who has

spread the word to all.

Many thanks to you, Sawitta and all the team up there in Udon

Dave

Chonburi

I am interested in just a simple gas bbq like the kind you get back home for $100 - $200. They aren't amazing or beautiful but they do the job and are good for a few years. It seems like nobody offers such a thing here. Am I missing something? Can you not sell something like this?

At this point, I am thinking about buying a cheap Thai charcoal one, and installing a gas burner in it. May have a hinged lid made if they don't have that.

• Like 1

I am interested in just a simple gas bbq like the kind you get back home for $100 - $200. They aren't amazing or beautiful but they do the job and are good for a few years. It seems like nobody offers such a thing here. Am I missing something? Can you not sell something like this?

At this point, I am thinking about buying a cheap Thai charcoal one, and installing a gas burner in it. May have a hinged lid made if they don't have that.

I know what you mean, the Quick-Fire is a great barbeque, but selling the wife on the cost, well....... I happen to have a house in Chiangmai, and our Falang store (Rimping)has gas barbeques for around 5-7000 baht, it won't last but a few years, but maybe by then the wife will like our concept of having a barbeque for any meal and let me purchase the Quickfire!

I know what you mean, the Quick-Fire is a great barbeque, but selling the wife on the cost, well....... I happen to have a house in Chiangmai, and our Falang store (Rimping)has gas barbeques for around 5-7000 baht, it won't last but a few years, but maybe by then the wife will like our concept of having a barbeque for any meal and let me purchase the Quickfire!

Oh, I didn't realise they were as cheap as that at Rimping. I'll have to take a closer look. Thanks for the info.

I've been a 100% satisfied customer of Doc at Quik Fire for many years. Cheap sure does not equate to a good value, especially in Thailand where safety standards COULD be a bit lax. I often tell my friends you CAN buy most anything or most ANY brand in Thailand, you just have to look around and then pause when you see the price. I have seen two fantastic MADE IN THE USA, genuine WEBER brand gas BBQ's at two different locations of the licensed "Tru Value" store in Thailand. They have a web site and they list the prices you can buy a MADE IN THE USA Weber Spirit SP-310 LP 54,000 baht or the also very nice WEBER Summit s-670 for 195,000 baht at four retail stores in Thailand.

Frankly the material used and quality of the construction of the 17,000 baht BBQ I bought from Doc is on par with those two fine Weber products. The Quik Fire BBQ arrived at our local post office via the very economical and trackable "Logispost Service" and it was set up in under five minutes.

Our stainless steel Quik Fire is used by our family for Thai and "Farang" good at least 14 times a week. We have used this BBQ since 2006 so PER YEAR it is a very good value. Maybe you can find a Chinese import BBQ, but think of the quality of the last "non recognized name" electric tool you bought at Big C, Tesco or Makro. The Chinese imported inexpensive small trucks and mini vans are built to a certain safety standard and price point, where a MADE IN THAILAND mainstream pick up truck might be safer and a longer lasting value. I can only imagine the quality of the gas line connections, starter and burners of a "budget" gas BBQ. What could possibly go wrong?

Wal Mart, Costco, Sam's Club, Target, Lowes, Home Depot are not coming to Thailand any time soon. Check Consumer Reports on the ratings of any appliance sold at Ikea and you will appreciate the VALUE of a Quik Fire BBQ.

post-20604-0-59082400-1298719308_thumb.j

post-20604-0-16795100-1298719331_thumb.j

Oh, I didn't realise they were as cheap as that at Rimping. I'll have to take a closer look. Thanks for the info.

That's there cheep ones. Then they go to 35K

Quik-Fire gas BBQ's, a Thaivisa sponsor.

Here's a very nice feedback from a gentleman/customer of, Quik-Fire.

I've just had the most rewarding experience since moving to my new home we call Udon Thani

I need to thank the friend that introduced me to the "Master of Creation" we know as the Doc, I have no doubt that anyone who has had this pleasure and had the Doc create their BBQ knows what I'm talking about.

Now us Aussies have a pride in our BBQ's that is second to none and sitting down to describe everything you would like your "Barbie" to do, how she should look and how she should function was not a problem for the Doc in the custom design work

Living in Udon was probably an advantage for me as the Doc invited me the workshop at a step in the development which just left me wishing she was finished so I could fire her up.

Having the Doc agree to create your "Barbie" is like the experience of having a commissioned work of art done.

But now she is finished and all polished and dressed up, I'm not sure weather to fire her up and burn her in or just leave her as a center piece of Art created by the Master.

I thank you Doc for the privilege of the journey so simply "Thanx Mate"

To anyone who is considering a purchase take the step and talk to the Doc you wont be sorry, the quality and workmanship is not something you will find anywhere else in the world in a BBQ, but then you also have the advantage of meeting a real Artist in Design and a Great Man.

Now for the skeptics you can feast your eyes on my "Barbie" on the Quik-Fire website shortly to see her in all her glory or if you are lucky the Doc may just add a couple of photo's of her on this thread (as I don't know how) to tease you until the website is updated

R.L. Superintendent Camp Services

post-90158-0-85962200-1298935543_thumb.j

post-90158-0-09431400-1298935558_thumb.j

post-90158-0-05176300-1298935570_thumb.j

post-90158-0-26236600-1298935580_thumb.j

I too am a happy Quick Fire BBQ user. I have the small stainless steel model with the insulated lid. My wife thought I was crazy to pay that much for a BBQ but has since changed her mind. You usually get what you pay for but not always.

I have a friend who imported an expensive BBQ from the US about the same time I bought mine. His has long since fallen apart and my Quick Fire still looks good and works great.

Doc is a fine upstanding guy who stands behind his products. It's doubtful I will ever need a new one but I would certainly buy another Quick Fire. After several years use, I think my BBQ will outlive me.

<br><u><i><b>I too am a happy Quick Fire BBQ user. I have the small stainless steel model with the insulated lid. My wife thought I was crazy to pay that much for a BBQ but has since changed her mind. You usually get what you pay for but not always.</b></i></u><br><br><br>
<br><br>I, too, would like to be a happy customer, but no one has taken the time to answer my two simple questions sent to you by email on February 26, 2011. It was just asking about pricing for two of your different models, as well as shipping costs from you to me in Prasat area.<br><br>Honestly, are you so busy that you can't take the time to answer an email? I received an "auto-reply" from you that you would be in contact:<br>"Thank you for contacting QUIK-FIRE.<br>

We will contact you as soon as possible with reference to your inquiry."<br><br>How will your service be if after I have purchased one of your products and subsequently have a problem?<br><br>Just curious, and quite a bit surprised, since your other quoted customer statements are quite nice. Am I being impatient? Please let me know if you can answer my questions.<br><br>Thank you<br>Jerome<br>mario299<br><br>

Mario,

It's so nice of you to blast us in a public forum, however, an in depth reply, w/picture attachments, was sent to you within, 2hr 24min of receiving your mail.

Our reply is recorded in our sent folder.

I will resend your inquiry with our original reply to you again this morning.

Have a nice day...

R/Doc

Recorded time and date of your mail, and our reply, below.

On 2/26/2011 2:11 PM, mario299.com wrote:

We live in the Surin area, and am curious about pricing on a couple of your barbecues...

On 2/26/2011 4:35 PM, WEB SITE wrote:

Good afternoon, < removed details >
, thanks for writing.

Here are the answers to your questions.

Etc,Etc,Etc....

Edited by metisdead
Removed names.

Mario,

It's so nice of you to blast us in a public forum, however, an in depth reply, w/picture attachments, was sent to you within, 2hr 24min of receiving your mail.

Our reply is recorded in our sent folder.

I will resend your inquiry with our original reply to you again this morning.

Have a nice day...

R/Doc

Recorded time and date of your mail, and our reply, below.

On 2/26/2011 2:11 PM, mario299.com wrote:

We live in the Surin area, and am curious about pricing on a couple of your barbecues...

On 2/26/2011 4:35 PM, WEB SITE wrote:

Good afternoon, < removed details >
, thanks for writing.

Here are the answers to your questions.

Etc,Etc,Etc....

Doc

I certainly didn't intend my request as a "blast you", and if you took it that way I apologize. I simply wanted information. In looking at your reply, if your email to me was sent to mario299.com, that is your error. Please check my initial request to you, or the auto-reply you sent to my correct email address, for my correct email address.

I still would appreciate receiving the information I requested. Your customers speak very highly of you and your products, I would like this opportunity, as well.

Regards

mario299

Mario,

I previously eliminated your email provider in this thread only to protect your privacy, there was no error.

In the future please do not waste space on this thread, if you have questions or comments please forward them through our normal website contact channel.

Further: I sent two emails to you this morning, sending for the 2nd, and 3rd time your original request and our original reply, using both your, < email removed >, and your profile contact email, < email removed >

Again, in the future, please, if you have something to say use our normal website contact channel, as you did originally.

Doc

Edited by metisdead
Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

Posts deleted. It would appear that the misunderstanding is being addressed. No need for others to get involved. Thanks.

Once more, quickly...Doc, I received your email on my Yahoo address today, but nothing has been received from you on the other, ever. Thai Internet...??? who knows??

Your pictures and information were very good and I will discuss this further with my wife as to which of the barbecues we would like, and then be in contact with you.

I sincerely offer my apologies for any misunderstanding we had about communication, and look forward to discussing this with you further, and will contact you by phone....hopefully that will solve it all.

Thanks

mario299

Once more, quickly...Doc, I received your email on my Yahoo address today, but nothing has been received from you on the other, ever. Thai Internet...??? who knows??

Very possibly could have gotten lost in transit, dumped in spam folder, etc. However, over the several years that I've known about Doc and his service reading members comments, never heard of him not responding promptly. A few years ago he did have technical problems with e-mail service but he was quick to respond to the issue and inform members through alternate channels.

One way, in case of e-mail receiving problems on your end, is use the PM or, as you mentioned, phone direct. Communication problems and interpretations can be frustrating. ;)

Hi Doc,

Just curious who does your sheet metal fabrication. (old tin bender in previous life)

The work looks surprisingly good in the photos. Kudos. :)

Good morning, Klikster, thanks for your opinion.

Quality of work is much more impressive seen in person.

As your are aware, welding sheet is difficult, a continuous bead will warp the stainless sheet in a blink of an eye, therefore our top #1 and 2 fabricators

will make hundreds, if not thousands of small connecting beads which when finished and dressed will appear not to be welds, at all.

Finding available Thai sheet artisans such as this, that can design, engineer, and fabricate to perfection, is very near impossible.

They charge by the piece, are expensive, and often temperamental.

Our factory is in Udon, if you're ever up this was give us a ring, We'll take you for a look see.

Thanks again for writing, and have a nice day.

My best,

Doc

• 2 months later...

Hi Doc,

On behalf of our company we would like thank you for your professional support for the custom design BBQ's we ordered on behalf of our clients here in Koh Samui.

As we specialize in High end Villa construction, it was wonderful to deal with your team in producing the quality equipment our Clients expect, not to mention, delivered on Time!!

Thanks again.

We look forward to doing business with you again.

Kind Regards,

Russell Whitehead

General Manger Projects Division

Samui Villas and Homes Co., Ltd

post-90158-0-44850300-1307148277_thumb.j

post-90158-0-16912400-1307148290_thumb.j

post-90158-0-61920700-1307148311_thumb.j

I have had my BBQ from Doc for 4 years now, it is as good today and the first day. It gets used daily by myself or wife, or her mother. It has been used as a oven many times. Great Product from a Great company....thanks Doc

Thanks a bunch, Wildoats, for taking the time to express the kind words, they are much appreciated.

If you and yours are ever up Udon way, lunch and a beer are on Sawitta and me.

Hope to see you someday...

You take care, and have a great day...

My best,

Doc

I just purchased a BBQ from Doc and he and his team's service was outstanding to say the least.

The only problem is I've not had a chance to use my new BBQ yet :realangry:

Oh and yes, my wife thought i was crazy spending the money, however after she saw the BBQ she understands the reasons why.

Craighj

• 4 weeks later...

bought my BBQ from the Doc 2008 when living in Khon Kaen,had 1 prob with a faulty igniter which he came and fixed personally..

.....Now in Phu Wiang with the Barbie and all still going well !!..mind you I am still a bloody aweful cook !!:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Email response from builder and owner of the brand new sailing yacht, 'Silver Lining', Phuket. Boat: 32 meters long. Mast: 36 meters tall.

With regard to his new custom, Quik-Fire, Signature model BBQ.

"Bbq looks pretty sexy….will get you a couple nice shots when its mounted up on SL……you will probably see it in a few yacht mags down the road too!"

Speak soon, SL

post-90158-0-53437300-1311386558_thumb.j

post-90158-0-65214900-1311386569_thumb.j

post-90158-0-63810400-1311386580_thumb.j

post-90158-0-91753100-1311386588_thumb.j

Another contribution sent to us by our good customer, Ken. With Quik-Fire's, Deluxe, or Grand Master insulated top models, you get an 'Oven', as well as a BBQ.

SS Master Deluxe insulated top example pictures of Ken's, Baking, Roasting, & Griddle (Hotplate), use.

Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:27

Some two months ago I decided to make the attempt at making bread, as we eat quite an amount.

I have an Electric Fan Assisted oven in my home.

Using the oven, I became quite adept at the task in hand.

Costing out, I worked it out that it was costing around the same as when I bought it, the advantage being though, I always had fresh bread.

I then made the decision a month ago to use the BBQ; I have a Quik-Fire-SS Master DeLuxe.

I now make bread every other day using the BBQ.

Costing this out, using Gas, I reckon I save around 70% over the Electricity.

I attach two photographs of my baking session this morning, in the BBQ, a before baking, and after baking.

Regards

Ken

post-90158-0-54693400-1311988364_thumb.j

post-90158-0-69722200-1311988379_thumb.j

post-90158-0-66692500-1311988389_thumb.j

post-90158-0-93556600-1311988400_thumb.j

post-90158-0-31703100-1311988408_thumb.j

post-90158-0-87504600-1311988420_thumb.j

post-90158-0-94089900-1311988435_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

They look a fine product, but, being a aussie also, all I need is a 2 burner flat plate, no hood ,do big C or home-pro sell something on those lines, I'm in the chiang-mai area, I read in earlier post a store called rimping, where is this,

thanking you all for info.

regards songhklasid.B)

Hello, songhklasid,

Responding to your quest in finding a, 2 burner no top bbq, w/hotplate, we can do.

However, we only craft high quality products, as you can see in pictures.

We can craft about any size no top bbq, with hotplate you like, 'in our style and quality'.

If you're looking for something simple and less expensive like a half oil barrel covered

with a steel plate, most any steel welding shop can put one of those together for you.

Having them include the 2 gas burners may be a different story.

In any case, here you can see what we do, and from here, make up your own mind as

how you may care to proceed.

post-90158-0-95032600-1313192062_thumb.j

post-90158-0-62581500-1313192079_thumb.j

post-90158-0-48839300-1313192107_thumb.j

post-90158-0-24700400-1313192121_thumb.j

Doc,

I have a few questions about a BBQ trailer for spit roasts. Attached is a photo I dragged off the web some time ago of the basis concept. Could you make the whole thing or if I supplied the trailer chassis, could you do the unit on top? The unit should here doesn't have a rotisserary which I believe would be a must.

post-56811-0-31823500-1313197454_thumb.j

Yes my real interest is the pig itself, that my end of a possible catering deal in the wind. The thought being that the BBQ could be delivered onsite with the pig almost cooked, ready to go. More than interested in your thoughts

Isaan Aussie

Edited by IsaanAussie