1St Class Or Vip Bus Khon Kaen To Mukdahan

fishhooks

You might hear differently should some genuine Mukdahanian chime in but last I checked -- which was about 3 days ago -- you would only find buses to Mukdahan at the large Bus station near the government buildings ... no VIP. Buses run every 30 minutes starting at 6 AM and cost 146 baht ... you just have to show up and wait until you can pick out one that you like.

I was assisting an Aussie couple who wanted to go to either M. or Ubon and then in to PDR Lao and based upon the above info decided to get the bus from the AirCon terminal to Ubon. (252 baht)

You might hear differently should some genuine Mukdahanian chime in but last I checked -- which was about 3 days ago -- you would only find buses to Mukdahan at the large Bus station near the government buildings ... no VIP. Buses run every 30 minutes starting at 6 AM and cost 146 baht ... you just have to show up and wait until you can pick out one that you like.

I was assisting an Aussie couple who wanted to go to either M. or Ubon and then in to PDR Lao and based upon the above info decided to get the bus from the AirCon terminal to Ubon. (252 baht)

Well, not entirely true.

There is, twice daily, a VIP busservice from the Airco Bus Station direct to Mukdahan.

The departure times, as the wife seems to remember, were early in the morning (very) and late in the afternoon.

We just threw away the leaflet, so sorry!

Tickets and info available inside the busstation.

And indeed, from the State busstation every half hour, most of them airco buses.

Price however, is more or less depending on the time of the day, the type of bus, or maybe the mood of the staff, who knows?

Tickets and info available inside the bus station. The above info in Post #3 came from the ticket window at the KK AirCon bus terminal this morning but -- until you have purchased your ticket and are on the bus -- it is all conjecture on my part.

Thanks all round.

We are in Mukdahan now and have been for a couple of days.

Ended up with a nice first class double decker from the NON aircon terminal which I've found in the past is always a mix on aircon & non aircon buses. We were told at the "aircon" terminal that there were no 1st class buses from that terminal and were sent to the other station.

Very confusing!!!

• 1 year later...

Yes, very confusing, and I still don't know what is the definitive reply? :-)

Can you tell me where someone coming from Bangkok by bus (Bkk-KHON KAEN bus) and stoping there will have to take the next bus to MUKDAHAN ? Is it at the same station where the bus from BKK sent him or does he need to go to another bus station ?

Do you know exactly at what time leave the VIP buses from Khonkaen to Mukdahan ?

Thanks a lot.

Yes, very confusing, and I still don't know what is the definitive reply? :-)

Can you tell me where someone coming from Bangkok by bus (Bkk-KHON KAEN bus) and stoping there will have to take the next bus to MUKDAHAN ? Is it at the same station where the bus from BKK sent him or does he need to go to another bus station ?

Do you know exactly at what time leave the VIP buses from Khonkaen to Mukdahan ?

Thanks a lot.

Bus goes to Mukdahan from the non air bus station you arrive at the air con bus station not to far apart a tuktuk would be 50 baht.

Bus departs at 4am and i think every hour after that 185baht pay on the bus, if you get the 4am bus you will make it in time for the thai consulate in savannakhet to put visa in on the same day.