'Post Office' @ Big C, Hang Dong

ianf

'You can't even trust the Post Offices in Thailand.'.....what complete and utter rubbish! I think the Thai Postal system is one of the most efficient in the world and I am not joking! The only things I have ever had lost is due to the postal system at the destination country, NOT Thai Post.

Also, I would never ever use one of those ridiculous mailing service type operations you find in shopping centres.

One thing I would say though, getting stuff sent from abroad to here can be a bit 'hit and miss'.

I I started this thread. I've never had a problem with the Hang Dong Post Office, only a problem w ith this mailing operation at BigC. Don't use!

I stand corrected, just re-read your initial post!

To be honest, if you are talking about those 'Post Office' type of things in Carrefour/Big C and the like, I am not even sure whether they are even part of Thai Post?

Always better to use a real Thai Post office, they are excellent.

Edited by ianf

'You can't even trust the Post Offices in Thailand.'.....what complete and utter rubbish! I think the Thai Postal system is one of the most efficient in the world and I am not joking! The only things I have ever had lost is due to the postal system at the destination country, NOT Thai Post.

Also, I would never ever use one of those ridiculous mailing service type operations you find in shopping centres.

One thing I would say though, getting stuff sent from abroad to here can be a bit 'hit and miss'.

A bit 'hit and miss' is an understatement,maybe you could enlighten me that if the Thai Post is so good why does it take more than 2 weeks to send a parcel to Chiang Mai from Singapore?

I am now waiting 10 days already for another small parcel from Singapore.

Both sent by EMS,the last parcel sat in Bkk for 10 days before it was forwarded to CM.

It makes me wonder how people can do business in this country when it takes over 2 weeks to get an urgent machine part to a factory etc.

The funny thing is it takes under 1 week to get a letter from Australia.

A bit 'hit and miss' is an understatement,maybe you could enlighten me that if the Thai Post is so good why does it take more than 2 weeks to send a parcel to Chiang Mai from Singapore?

Both sent by EMS,the last parcel sat in Bkk for 10 days before it was forwarded to CM.

It makes me wonder how people can do business in this country when it takes over 2 weeks to get an urgent machine part to a factory etc.

2 weeks??? dam_n makes me want to ask what your Logistics team does all day long.... assuming your company (or Thai company) has one..... I get materials from Singapore and Hong Kong to CM (this includes going thru Customs) in 2-4 days using DHL & FedEx P1 services..... If all AWBs, invoices, packing lists are in order, tracking nos are provided at the time of shipment, and a pre-clearance Customs paperwork is prepared its a 'walk in the park'..... It's another thing getting and sending stuff to China.... but not 2 weeks......he77 I can have materials come from Malaysia by truck and make it to CM in less than 2 weeks.

2 weeks??? dam_n makes me want to ask what your Logistics team does all day long.... assuming your company (or Thai company) has one..... I get materials from Singapore and Hong Kong to CM (this includes going thru Customs) in 2-4 days using DHL & FedEx P1 services..... If all AWBs, invoices, packing lists are in order, tracking nos are provided at the time of shipment, and a pre-clearance Customs paperwork is prepared its a 'walk in the park'..... It's another thing getting and sending stuff to China.... but not 2 weeks......he77 I can have materials come from Malaysia by truck and make it to CM in less than 2 weeks.

Yep I wonder too,just using surface mail is still getting taxed at the local Post Office,and bl##dy slow!

Maybe I should use DHL or Fedex, at least only a few days then.

EMS an envelope to SNG cost 400 Bht with Thai Post and no garantee it will even arrive. and $20 Sng to send a small parcel to here.The last two items I have received lately have also been opened and re-sealed by Thai Post.

I was talking about items being SENT from Thailand to the rest of the world....excellent! I agree, the other way is not that good and a bit 'hit an miss'. Strange, how can they manage to be so good when items leave the country but so bad for items coming in? Obviously, they can operate a good service, so why not improve the incoming mail? Perk of the job, I suppose! whistling.gif