A Bacon Thread

sceadugenga

We've had a successful sausage thread, treated with disdain by some of our American brothers, what about rating the bacon that's available?

I like mine crisp, the thinner TGM type product suits this method well.

SausageKing and Don's tends to be a little thick for true crisping.

I like bacon in fried rice as well, little crispy bits with thinly sliced Chinese sausage.

Useful stuff bacon.

TGM products i fine excellent especially their bacon for frying up crisp. hear in CM I find that Rimping also has their own which is good for frying crisp and Carrefour also has a good bacon for this purpose. The problem i ind withe other products which include some sponsors is the bacon even thew they say sting or American it is not and does not fry up correctly. PS they still put out some great food.

Sausage Kings Bacon would take some beating for me.

Haven't tried Dons, but I just know I'd love it too. wether its American, british or mexican style

I wolf down the crispy stuff available at northern farms too.

Its bacon , Its F#$*&^n Wonderful eating :)

Where do I sign up ?

Haven't tried Dons, but I just know I'd love it too. wether its American, british or mexican style

Where do I sign up ?

Try danish bacon-some of the best in the world.

Where do I sign up ?

Brian , I totally agree with you about Danish Bacon , those who havent had it wont miss it but I do , its a great tasting bacon , heres my previous thread about it in the food section :

....so you no like Canadian back bacon ..eh!...my lady just fries me up some marinated ( in fish sauce) good Thai pork belly sliced thin,potatoes and the great Thai duck eggs,mango, papaya,pineapple and tomatoes..great for cholesterol....

I've got one of those George Foreman grills for pork belly slices.

Marinade in something hot and sesame oil then shut the grill.

The fat that runs out of them before they crisp up has to be seen to be believed.

tasted you mean...lo goodonya mate we sometimes use an aluminum dome grill with water moat you can buy here...nice ..lot of f..g around tho...throw it in the wok on high then low gas for a bit ...tilt it get the fat out and voila!...Watch the "spitting" if you are buck naked cooking..lol

I've got one of those George Foreman grills for pork belly slices.

Marinade in something hot and sesame oil then shut the grill.

The fat that runs out of them before they crisp up has to be seen to be believed.

tasted you mean...lo goodonya mate we sometimes use an aluminum dome grill with water moat you can buy here...nice ..lot of f..g around tho...throw it in the wok on high then low gas for a bit ...tilt it get the fat out and voila!...Watch the "spitting" if you are buck naked cooking..lol

Yeah, you wouldn't want to sizzle your pizzle :lol:

Where do I sign up ?

Danish Bacon are you sure when you cook it it smell's of FISH when you taste it the same FISH. Why because they feed their pig's on FISH meal as part of there diet. Next time you cook it take a sniff.