Residence Application Open 22/12->31/12

Immigration will receive applications for residence permits starting 22/12 till the end of the month...

Was informed that on investment basis you'll need 10million Thai baht invested. This can be Condo's (bought firsthand from the property developer!!!) Bonds or cash deposited in a Government bank (or combination) .

Big bummer for me since I was receiving yearly extensions on my non-imm.B with an investment of 3 million and assumed the same amount would be sufficient for a residence permit.

Not so... (and I could have found this on Thaivisa :o )

Special investment Residence permit in Thailand

Have been calling Immigration on a weekly basis to ask if applicatons were accepted already and always got the "next week Mr" answer.

Got a little suspicious since one thing we do know for sure is that applications must be in before the end of the year!

Contacted a lawyer today in BKK, who was highly recommended to me by the owner of a big company(employing 150 people) and he promptly replied with the above stated dates. This Lawyer's office had gotten 6 residence permits approved this year through his assistance for persons working in the above mentioned company. He is now checking if my residence can be arranged in any other way since I don't plan on putting 10 million in a Thai bank account earning zilch interest :o

I'll post anything I find out in this thread...

Monty