Farangs And Thai Girls

SiamOne

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer is simple:

Guys look for a woman who can help spread the seed. That means young and healthy.

Women look for guy who can protect the nest. That means older, successful and wealthy.

Guys go for looks, women go for bucks.

Sorry buadhai, but that's only true in traditional societies, or where women are still mostly dependent on men financially and legally. Compared to most Western societies, Thai women are still very dependent on men for a variety of economic, legal and social reasons.

As reform occurs and women become more independent, *most* younger women look for emotional and sexual fulfillment. But in the odd case where emotional fulfillment is not possible, they'll most likely choose sex before wealth. :D

Answer is simple:

Guys look for a woman who can help spread the seed. That means young and healthy.

Women look for guy who can protect the nest. That means older, successful and wealthy.

so the answer is...we are all animals!

sounds fair enough

Yes, we're all animals, but not the same kind.

Answer is simple:

so the answer is...we are all animals!

sounds fair enough

Sheesh.....There's more to it. Can she cook! I may be part of nature but I don't like to eat like a soi dog or chew watergrass like a buffalo. Now let's bbq that avatar.

39a0afb2.gif:o:D

:D yeah, let's bbq it with plenty of lime juice, garlic, and chili.

argue all you like.

Don't be so obstinate young jedi.

Now that we are on it, I get a little rankled when people say thai women learn to love their farang husbands. It's not like a thai woman has to convince herself it makes sense to love a farang or any other man. Newsflash: Thais fall in love too.

Don't worry SiamOne I just had a wurst and swiss with coleslaw on rye. Your fish is safe. :D

:D wurst and swiss with coleslaw on rye: NOW I'm jealous :D

I agree with the ladies, too kuch bulky gold looks cheap in the West.

It doesn't matter that its not your 9ct hollow inch thick Belcha chain with barely-matching 9ct "Shaz" pendant. It still looks tacky.

This does not carry in LoS, but in the UK it simply looks Chavish.

My wife wears mainly expensive western jewlery that is stylish but not ostentacious (spelling?). She wears good quality watches (Robert Weil, Gucci, etc) - not those horrible Rolex fakes. She wears a wedding, engagement and eternity ring on her wedding finger and sometimes a solitare on her other hand. Less good quality jewlery is soooo much nicer than loads of cheap (or cheap looking) jewlery - in the UK, most people would see large gold jewlery as cheap blown (read hollow) 9ct crap - not 23(ish)ct solid. She has lots of Thai Gold that I bought for her in LoS and that she bought for her self (and bought from friends that needed the money) - it stays put in the safe while in the UK and she chooses what to take when we go to LoS. She does wear it soemtimes, usually when she tdresses traditionally and it fits with the costume.

I am 7 years older than my wife. I asked her about this subject, and she basically said she would not have looked twice at an 'old' man, and saw younger (or same age) men as immature. She likes the small age gap and sees it as normal. She also does not see a problem with girls that do marry older men (large age gap), but thinks it must cause issues.

PS: My English Grandfather was 14 years older than my English Grandmother - and stayed married for 60 yaers (until death did part - My perfectly fit and well Grandmother died exactly one year after my ailing Grandfather - she just could not live without him and simply did not want to) - did age make a difference to them? I think not.

smug knob jockey :D :D

I was gonna laugh at that but I considered it beneath me. :o:D

It may seem a tad harsh, but each one of the chap's posts are riddled with self-importance and a pair of large tubers seemed to be on each shoulder.

Have a look , if you have the time and inclination, we are in the realms of a Bud Zumwalt resurrection.

Titter ye not.....

:D

smug knob jockey :D :D

I was gonna laugh at that but I considered it beneath me. :o:D

It may seem a tad harsh, but each one of the chap's posts are riddled with self-importance and a pair of large tubers seemed to be on each shoulder.

Have a look , if you have the time and inclination, we are in the realms of a Bud Zumwalt resurrection.

Titter ye not.....

I'm in agreement with Boo dude, the guys a nob cheese.

Laughs at other farang and thai couple, no doubt other people are laughing at him.

If your not part of the solution and all that........ :D

Siamone, yes guys do tend to base their initial choice on looks, but then so do girls. I just think that most girls look past the outer layer a bit faster than guys tend to. Also, lets face it, when you have seen an outstandingly goodlooking guy isn't your first reaction "Wow he's cute!" Quickly followed by a "But I'll bet he's a vain SOB" ?? :D

Maybe a little bit!

but my hubbie (when we first met) managed to charm the ar*e off me, made me laugh too much, and was very open and generous. What more could I want?

now all my g/fs ask me "can you get another one like him?" etc

seems like he is the only one around

oh well...

and keep your hands off my fish, you guys :o

There is a reason why a majority of the foreign men coming to LOS are elder gentlemen opposed to younger ones. Most people, wherever they come from, do not ever think to leave their own country in search of love. Most people will pursue a local partner and make a go of it. Many times, these unions do not work out. Sometimes when this happens, the person will go after another person from their area. Other times, after a bad experience or two, they decide that looking for a partner from their country is not in their best interests and go elsewhere to look. It's at this point that you see many farang men coming to Thailand searching for a partner after they have tried for years to make it work with their country-men/women, hence the reason for the ages of many farang in Thailand.

As for me, I totally broke the mold being a young man of only 20 when I first came to Thailand and marrying my Thai wife at the ripe age of 23 and her being 30! Put that in your stereotype box and smoke it!!!!!!!!!

What a smug knob jockey you are proving to be again , classic post!

:o This insult just reeks of eloquence Chon.

I have no problems.  The money hungry ones go for the older, fatter, whiter ones.  My knowlegde about the Thai culture (former exchange student and Asian studies major almost fluent) scares the golddiggers away and attratcts the real women. 

My current GF is 6 years older than me and she gave me money when I lost my job and refused it back.  That's a real woman.  We speak Thai 60% of the time.  We laugh at the stereotypical interracial couples.

:o

this guy keeps following me. This board always make my life. :D

I have no problems.  The money hungry ones go for the older, fatter, whiter ones.  My knowlegde about the Thai culture (former exchange student and Asian studies major almost fluent) scares the golddiggers away and attratcts the real women. 

My current GF is 6 years older than me and she gave me money when I lost my job and refused it back.  That's a real woman.  We speak Thai 60% of the time.  We laugh at the stereotypical interracial couples.

this guy keeps following me. This board always make my life. :D

It makes me smile as well , your posts are fantatsic.

Keep it up Mr International !

:o

Answer is simple:

classic!

and this is UNIVERSAL rule

not happens only in thailand.

No, but much, much more often.

No, but much, much more often.

Kat, saw this today and thought of you. If the size is OK feel free to use it. Might come in handy when your not an happy Pussy. :D

Edit/ Don't know what happened there. It's a moving Avatar that shoots bullets but it seems to be not shooting anything (or maybe Blanks :o ) at the minute.

shooting_cat.bmp

Edited by mrbojangles