BANGKOK 20 June 2019 05:47
Sign in to follow this  
dolvitius

Visa Run From Hat Yai Airport To Malaysia Border

If decide to lodge in HaadYai....

First choice--Central Novelta โรงแรม เช็นทราน, Lee Garden Plaza (across from Central). There are other less expensive hotels around the tourist areas costing from 350 to 600, whereas Central would cost around 1,400 and Lee--1,100 respectively. Or you might opt for Pink Lady, also very closeby Central, consists of night entertainment and other single person vices.... :blink:

Enjoy....

You have anticipated my next question : the hotel in Hat Yai ! What would I do without you ? .... :D

Yes, I will stay one night in Hat Yai before leaving by VIP bus towards the north. By the way, I have changed my programme: I will not go to Phuket, but decided to spend a few days in Krabi instead, before flying back to Bangkok. Of course, that does not change anything to the visa run issue.

OK, back to the hotel. I could not find any 'Central Novelta'. Did you mean the Novotel Centara ? That seems to be the best hotel in Hat Yai. I like the idea of the Pink Lady. :blink: But I think that I will really need a good night sleep after the visa run...

In fact, before reading you, I was considering either the New Season Hotel (they quoted me 1,000 THB per night), the Golden Crown Plaza (950 THB), or the Diamond Plaza (890 THB). Well, if you have any feedback on any of these hotels, don't hesitate ....

In addition, since you seem to know Hat Yai quite well, would you have a suggestion for a good Chinese restaurant where to have dinner ?

There used to be a very good and famous Chinese Restaurant in HaadYai called.... Hai-Wai-Tien located at the Third NeePhutOouThit Road. The cost per one round table is around 9,000 THB to accommodate 8 persons.

Currently, there is a simple and plain Chinese Restaurant at the Second NeePhutOouThit Road where, if you like, you ought to try what the local Chinese would call Mee-Bay-Thong (Bay-Thong Noodle). You could order the dish with running gravy mixed with meat of your choice, such as, Shrimps, Chicken, Beef or seafood mixed et cetera, as you please. It is something like Mama with extraordinary gravy.... It costs about 80 THB per plate....

Another international Chinese dish is called Goi-See-Mee composes of yellow noodle, long and stringy.... also served with gravy mixed with pieces of chicken. Goi, in HongKong Chinese/Cantanese means chicken. It is also around 80 THB or so.

Presumably, you are not into exotic Chinese cuisine such as Shark fin or Abalone and stuff, or bear paws delicacies.... so won't point you into that direction.... :bah:

Another interesting hoopla Chinese medicinal side dish is called Swallow Saliva.... it is exactly what the name implies.... saliva from Swallow or similar species.... There are several shops offering such side dish around Novotel Centara, Lee Garden Plaza. It is served both hot or cold, with or without ice. Most shops offering such dish would mix the contents up with jello, so as to lessen the cost. A kilo of first harvest authentic bird nest would cost around 12,000 THB The mixture stuff served by those shops would cost you around 100 THB per small cup.... What do you think, appetizing?

Bon Appetit ....

And if you have extra four hours or so, you could break journey at TRANG on your way to Krabi which ought to be spelled like KraBee. Trang has several interesting spots, such as Cave where you would sit in a row boat peddled inside a cave accessible only by small canoe. Another interesting hot spot is the hot water underground mineral spring in GunTung (กันตัง) about 20 min into a mountain side, to soak away your body pains and such.... It is truly rejuvenating, also speaking from personal experience as well.... :)

Edited by mkawish

mkawish, I like your culinary report on Chinese delicacies in Hat Yai !     :o

Never hear of "bear paws" before... The rest sounds yummy. Will see and try...

OK, I am off now, as I will travel tomorrow. Will report on how the trip went, when I am back. Should be next week.

Wish me "bon voyage" !

mkawish, I like your culinary report on Chinese delicacies in Hat Yai ! :o

Never hear of "bear paws" before... The rest sounds yummy. Will see and try...

OK, I am off now, as I will travel tomorrow. Will report on how the trip went, when I am back. Should be next week.

Wish me "bon voyage" !

Bon Voyage.... Have a Grand Time all around.... :)

Just ask the tuktuk for the padang besar taxi que. once in Padang Besar walk through to malaysian customs then back 1/2 hr for the whole thing there are never que's. Taxi back to Hdy 1/2 hr to 40mins. There are flights from Had yai to Phuket for 1700bt on happy air sun wed and friday. You'd be nuts to take an 8hr minibus to dave 1000bt

plan on doing a visa bounce similar to this accept its a day trip, is the bst option with a 7 hour window between flights a taxi from Had Yai airport to Danork. or could it be done with cheaper means. booked the flight months ago so cheap with AA.

Rather than start new thread thought would post on here hopefully with trip report from OP.

i have used the Danork border quite a few times, but not from the airport.

booked up for May same as,100 baht each way, with a night in Danorkpassifier.gif

Thanks