Which Fishing Ponds You Will Make Repeative Visits?

zoso

A group of us, Thais,expats and tourist anglers, were talkiing and one fellow angler asked which fishing ponds one will make repeative visits in Thailand. Ponds you will make an effort to travel for fishing? Not your local pond or due to close proximity. And why? It got me thinking.

Any opinion is welcome. Thanks

Hi,

i got lost to!

I live near chaiyaphum, which is devoid of any decent fishing, they eat everything!

I took the wife to chaing mai and found a pool in bo sang, we had a guide cost 2000b, we caught 7 mekong cat fish up to 24kg, my wife caught that one. It was comfortable with lots of shade, had bait, food, BEER on sale! was open from 7am till 10pm.

My wife found out without a guide you can fish there for 100b a day! can hire fishing tackle, and all the locals are very helpful.

down falls., dont fish during holidays or weekends. It gets full of locals and they will come and put there rods next to yours, even if youve been there for 3 hours. And its a 1200k round trip!! Do you knpw of anywhere nearer to me?

Tjght lines!!

Gary

I was in Thailand December 2010 and my first taste of fishing was a pond in Phuket. It was Phuket Fishing Park. Not impressed with the fishing and the management. It was an experience I will not want to encounter again.

I fish at only 3 other ponds in Thailand so can't speak of other ponds which I intent to fish when I visit Thailand again this September with my friends. But I had 3 wonderful days at Bunsamran and 3 days at Gilhams. The fishing was good. So I can say Bunsamran and Gilhams are worth visiting again.

• 3 weeks later...

Met my friend Mark and his wife Andrea after their trip to Krabi. They stayed and fished at Gillhams for 10 days. Although it was their first trip to Gillhams they were impressed amd will be going again this October.

Their opinion,which I asked them,of ponds they will visit again are

1) Gillhams

2) Bungsamran

3) Amazon Bkk

4) IT Lake Monster

Mine are

1) Bungsamran

2) IT Lake Monster

3) Gillhams

As I live in Bangkok I will visit Amazon Bkk, Shadow Lake, Palm Tree. And 121 Ramindra Fishng pond too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmm, I'm still working my way through all the lakes so my list may change but my top three venues right now are (in no particular order)

1. BSR - for monsters

2. Pilot 111 - for great variety of lure fishing

3. Srinakarin Dam - again lure fishing and the scenery