France to recognize Palestine in September, Palestinian official says

News_Editor

I have, and everything was built by foreignors wasn't it?

What is your point? What kind of foreigner are you?

U.S. citizen, and agree those cities mentioned are nice, but my point was, except for the money, I don't see where the local citizens did much. All of the people actually doing something were westerners, and people from India, PI, etc.

Slavery? Exploitation of labor? Working class hero struggle? Are you a commie?

And from the USA? That makes some of your arguments even more odd. I mean you line "The Arab history speaks for itself." whatever you want hint with it and than to come up with "everything was built by foreignors"

Compared with the time line and the rich cultural heritage of Arab history, the USA history is just a short beep and chewing gum. And the USA is a place were obviously 'foreigners' did most of the things.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U.S. citizen, and agree those cities mentioned are nice, but my point was, except for the money, I don't see where the local citizens did much. All of the people actually doing something were westerners, and people from India, PI, etc.

And from the USA? That makes some of your arguments even more odd. I mean you line "The Arab history speaks for itself." whatever you want hint with it and than to come up with "everything was built by foreignors"

Compared with the time line and the rich cultural heritage of Arab history, the USA history is just a short beep and chewing gum. And the USA is a place were obviously 'foreigners' did most of the things.

And there i thought topic was about France to recognize Palestine and not about your analysis of USA history

You can be proud of the Arab heritage if you wish. I just don't expect them to contribute much to solving their own problems anytime soon. However, I do have hopes that this next generation will be an improvement. Just also curious, instead of spending all of that money in Dubai, why didn't they spend more helping their Palestinian brothers they are supposed to be so concerned about?

Anyway, while your at it, have a look at Bahrain Daily news, or one of the other Gulf papers this week and see how many house maids got beat up, or got hurt trying to escape the abuse.

Edited by beechguy

You can be proud of the Arab heritage if you wish. I just don't expect them to contribute much to solving their own problems anytime soon. However, I do have hopes that this next generation will be an improvement. Just also curious, instead of spending all of that money in Dubai, why didn't they spend more helping their Palestinian brothers they are supposed to be so concerned about?

Anyway, while your at it, have a look at Bahrain Daily news, or one of the other Gulf papers this week and see how many house maids got beat up, or got hurt trying to escape the abuse.

The Arabs had one of the great civilisations a few centuries ago. Much of our scientific knowledge, including the basis of nearly all our mathematics, comes from that era. Some of our cultural habits do as well, eg eating desert after a meal.

But then they went into decline the way all empires seem to. I don't know the actual reason, but I suspect domination by the Turks.

I have often wondered why the Arab world didn't do more for the Palestinians than send them guns and put them up in squalid refugee camps. It's as if they wanted to keep them angry at the injustice and divert attention from their own failings. The Arab world is big enough and rich enough to absorb them. I know that the treatment meted out by the Israelis is difficult to swallow and they are at least as guilty of maintaining the heat in the situation, but there's enough land there for everyone if they can learn to tolerate each other.

It's good that the Arab people are solving their own problems now by kicking out the despots. I hope the right people seize the opportunity as there are plenty of people there who would take power and drag their countries back several centuries.

Violence and abuse of women, girls is not a good thing but does not happen only there

18 arrested in gang rape case of 11-year-old Texas girl

thaivisa.com/forum/topic/449259-18-arrested-in-gang-rape-case-of-11-year-old-texas-girl/

If that is really your concern how it comes that you didn't wrote something in that already at the board existing topic that is about an actual case of rape and violence, instead of coming here up with something off topic? just because you wanna rant against Arabs?

Violence and abuse of women, girls is not a good thing but does not happen only there

18 arrested in gang rape case of 11-year-old Texas girl

thaivisa.com/forum/topic/449259-18-arrested-in-gang-rape-case-of-11-year-old-texas-girl/

If that is really your concern how it comes that you didn't wrote something in that already at the board existing topic that is about an actual case of rape and violence, instead of coming here up with something off topic? just because you wanna rant against Arabs?

Just stated some facts, no society is perfect. Just that abuse of the hired help, and construction workers were things that irritated most me when I lived there. I met some nice individuals, just wasn't impressed with the culture.

Why did I write what I did, do these words look familiar? " Slavery? Exploitation of labor? Working class hero struggle? Are you a commie?

I have often wondered why the Arab world didn't do more for the Palestinians than send them guns and put them up in squalid refugee camps. It's as if they wanted to keep them angry at the injustice and divert attention from their own failings. The Arab world is big enough and rich enough to absorb them.

It's good that the Arab people are solving their own problems now by kicking out the despots. I hope the right people seize the opportunity as there are plenty of people there who would take power and drag their countries back several centuries.

Did you ever ask the question why European states and the USA supported the zionist idea and the plan to create an Israel in the middle east. A new country for the diaspora Jews who lived mainly in Europe far away from the middle east?

"The Arab world"?

There is no unified confederation of all Arab states who will agree together about almost everything and act as a solid block.

Furthermore the Palestinians see their homeland there, why they should ho somewhere else.

Would be European states ready to accept lot of refugees, would the countries in North America willing to help out and provide space, space that isn't only sand and desert

For the future outlook in the "rebel states", one can only hope your wish become true. we will not see an instant progress to a better future. Concerns are the forces you mentioned and that some states could fall apart in smaller regional territories who must settle then their new borders.

Economic reason were a motivation for the protests. the old dictators didn't stole that much resources but provided something like stability.

Did you ever ask the question why European states and the USA supported the zionist idea and the plan to create an Israel in the middle east. A new country for the diaspora Jews who lived mainly in Europe far away from the middle east?

"The Arab world"?

There is no unified confederation of all Arab states who will agree together about almost everything and act as a solid block.

Furthermore the Palestinians see their homeland there, why they should ho somewhere else.

Would be European states ready to accept lot of refugees, would the countries in North America willing to help out and provide space, space that isn't only sand and desert

For the future outlook in the "rebel states", one can only hope your wish become true. we will not see an instant progress to a better future. Concerns are the forces you mentioned and that some states could fall apart in smaller regional territories who must settle then their new borders.

Economic reason were a motivation for the protests. the old dictators didn't stole that much resources but provided something like stability.

It's where the Jews wanted to be and where they would be independent. If they weren't there, they would want to be.. The Western powers were still in the habit of drawing lines in the sand without taking into account the people who lived there. The cause of many of the issues in the Middle East, Asia and Africa today.

Saying Arab world is easier than listing the various states, but as far as the Palestinians are concerned, there is a degree of unanimity.

I can understand the Palestinians not wanting to leave their homeland, but after 3 generations of hardship I'm sure the refugees would welcome a new start. I don't think it would have been that big an issue for Europe to have accepted them in the past. The numbers of immigrants in Britain from the Indian subcontinent would be much more and there are North African's in France in even larger numbers. It hasn't been without tensions, but they are well established. They would have been partly offset by Jews going the other way. I used to work with a Palestinian guy in London, so I know there are some here already. But really, the neighbouring countries where the people are basically the same could have absorbed the refugees and they would never even have seemed foreign. I think the problem was that so many were still militant and not keen to give up the fight.

I think that as long as Hamas are in charge in Palestine, and Israel keep behaving completely unreasonably, things aren't going to get any better.

There was already a long existing Zionist movement and an established Jewish presence in Palestine before the holocaust. It was the logical place (and indeed the emotional choice) of most Jews in the world to have a concrete homeland after the holocaust. Being passive victims of genocide was no longer at all appealing; I hope you can understand that was a natural human reaction. The reason global Jews still support at least the existence of the Jewish homeland (which is NOT the same as supporting most of the policies of modern Israel) is the continued feeling of being a very, very vulnerable numerically TINY minority to be scapegoated when the hate meter gets turned up and/or economies get really bad. From the Jewish point of view, that ain't paranoia, that's a clear pattern through history. It is also clear the Zionist movement wasn't anti Arab per se, any more than it was anti-British during the Jewish revolt period after WW2, it's just the grim reality for everyone involved that both the British colonialists and the Arabs were standing in the way of an intense dream to build a Jewish homeland. If there had been Burmese there, same difference. Fair to the native Arabs? No. It is what it is, basically the global history created the scenario for what happened to happen. So, now what? Endless war or compromises on both sides?

Edited by Jingthing

You have shown your true colours.

So have you, you constantly make things up, twist words and pretend not to understand the English language in order to make false claims about what others have said.

A hypocrite is the man who murdered both his parents and pleaded for mercy on the grounds that he was an orphan.

~Abraham Lincoln

Oh brilliant, now you resort to the schoolboy chant 'you are'.

So where is your balance view?

Your only concern is that Israel may negotiate peace. You don't want that.

Hey Wallaby,

This Ulysses character's soul mission in life is to sit on this website and wind people up. Nothing more.

What's this Abbas will be pissed!

France has become the first country to recognise the Libyan rebel leadership, the National Libyan Council (NLC), as the country's legitimate government.

It comes as Nato is set to discuss military options in the Libyan conflict including a possible no-fly zone.

There is growing concern about the bombing of rebel-held areas by the forces of Col Muammar Gaddafi.

A BBC team which were detained and beaten up in Libya witnessed widespread mistreatment by the security forces.

In recent days pro-Gaddafi forces have tried to regain ground in the east, and have bombarded rebel forces in the town of Zawiya, 50km (30 miles) west of Tripoli.

The Red Cross president said on Thursday there was a marked increase in civilian casualties in what he called a "civil war".

The step was announced by the French presidency, a day after Euro-MPs urged the EU to recognise the rebels.

On Thursday the office of President Nicolas Sarkozy said France regarded the NLC as Libya's "legitimate representative".

Earlier EU foreign affairs chief, Baroness Ashton, said she was not mandated to take such a step herself. An NLC envoy has been lobbying Europe for support.

EU diplomats told the BBC: "We need to see who these people are and whether they are truly representative of the opposition."

They added that it was important to work in conjunction with the Arab League.

The conflict in Libya has raged since mid-February when opponents to his 41-year rule seized many towns and cities in eastern Libya, following successful popular uprisings in neighbouring Tunisia and Egypt.