BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
mattloaf1

Recommend An Apartment!

Pretty self-explanitory. Something near public transport, somewhere you have personal experience with, possibly? I don't care where in BKK, as long as it's a relatively quiet area. I've found a bunch of places on MrRoomFinder but I figured personal references would be invaluable. Thanks in advance!

Pretty self-explanitory. Something near public transport, somewhere you have personal experience with, possibly? I don't care where in BKK, as long as it's a relatively quiet area. I've found a bunch of places on MrRoomFinder but I figured personal references would be invaluable. Thanks in advance!

2,500 baht a month? Is that a typo and you meant 25,000? I dont know what your expecting to get for 2,500 baht a month. Maybe someone will throw a mattress in their backyard for you

Lasalle Apartment, Its on the Corner of Soi Lasalle 11 and Soi Lasalle.

Soi Lasalle is Sukhumvit 105.

I hope you can speak Thai, but thats all I can think of for 2,500 a month :o

And No Air-Con

2,500 baht a month? Is that a typo and you meant 25,000? I dont know what your expecting to get for 2,500 baht a month. Maybe someone will throw a mattress in their backyard for you

thats gonna cost @ least 3k a month :o

Edited by Joey Boy

If you do a 'Districts' search on Roomfinder and select 'Under 5,000' on the additional search results page, it'll give you a list of 279 places. They'll be quite a lot in there at 2,500 THB/Mo and less.

If you pick one or 2 out from the list that fit the bill, then post on here for information on your selected buildings, maybe someone will know of them or have Thai friends that live there, as most of the low end dwellings are occupied by Thais.

Good luck

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

a story...

recently, I found this place in paradise dove that was not only inexpensive, but was brand spanking new. the place was so good, the facilities there rivaled places that charged twice the daily rate.

anyway, I told many of my friends about the place. and they were impressed too by the price vs. value.

next thing I know, the place increases their prices. (?)

I asked the owner why he did that. he replied quote, "your friend convinced me that I was charging too little."

I then went to my "friend" and asked him why he did that. his reply, "it's true, they did charge too little. they deserve to get the going rate."

I then tried to plead my case with other "friends". some said I was being cheap. others said quote, "how would you feel if you were the owner? wouldn't you want to get as much as possible?" ..and yet others said I was being selfish.

these are all valid opinions.

but I keep thinking to myself...

if I had just kept my mouth shut, I could have had the use of the place for a while longer at that great price.

a story...

recently, I found this place in paradise dove that was not only inexpensive, but was brand spanking new.  the place was so good, the facilities there rivaled places that charged twice the daily rate.

anyway, I told many of my friends about the place.  and they were impressed too by the price vs. value.

next thing I know, the place increases their prices.  (?)

I asked the owner why he did that.  he replied quote, "your friend convinced me that I was charging too little."

I then went to my "friend" and asked him why he did that.  his reply, "it's true, they did charge too little.  they deserve to get the going rate."

I then tried to plead my case with other "friends".  some said I was being cheap.  others said quote, "how would you feel if you were the owner?  wouldn't you want to get as much as possible?"  ..and yet others said I was being selfish.

these are all valid opinions.

but I keep thinking to myself... 

if I had just kept my mouth shut, I could have had the use of the place for a while longer at that great price.

yep, there are some real muppets out there, some of them we even have as friends.............always keep the gold for yourself, recommend the silver to your friends!

From what I've seen on MrRoomFinder, I don't think something liveable @ 2500 baht/month is that farfetched. I'll let you know how I make out, I'll be arriving there late October. Thanks to Mattnich for the recommendation.

There's loads of 24SQM boxes with bogs and a "YAM" all over Bangkok. Stayed in similar places myself. Not bad if in a quiet area.

For that much you would like to pay, you wouldn't find a decent place in BKK. Not even the urban area.

For that much you would like to pay, you wouldn't find a decent place in BKK. Not even the urban area.

My friend lived about 1km from Onnut station and paid 2750 per month. No kitchen, but nice building. If you went without AC, it was 2250 per month. I stayed there a few nights. Not bad. Lots of expats were in the building.

Interesting note: Just spoke with my wife. She reminded me of something I had forgot. At most of these cheap places you have to rent the furniture. Like 300 Baht for a fridge, 300B for a dresser, 200B for a bed, etc. And the utility rates tend to be outrageous...that is how they make their money...

I find it extraordinary that self-respecting farang would leave their home country to come to live in Thailand if they only have enough money to live in a 2500 baht box. I mean, why do it? It can't be for the lifestyle. It can't be quality of life.

If you have no money, ok . .stay where you are and use welfare, rather than be dragged into a poverty spiral in Thailand. I would never live here unless I can do it on my terms and in relative luxury?

So is it for the girls? That is flawed too. You're not going to get much respect from women when they discover you are farang kee nok.

Seems very sad to me.

I find it extraordinary that self-respecting farang would leave their home country to come to live in Thailand if they only have enough money to live in a 2500 baht box.  I mean, why do it?  It can't be for the lifestyle.  It can't be quality of life.

If you have no money, ok . .stay where you are and use welfare, rather than be dragged into a poverty spiral in Thailand.  I would never live here unless I can do it on my terms and in relative luxury?

So is it for the girls?  That is flawed too.  You're not going to get much respect from women when they discover you are farang kee nok.

Seems very sad to me.

Some might say it’s almost as sad as your judgmental, elitist, narrow-minded, condescending attitude…

not that I would, mind you… but some would :o