Where To Buy It?

rmacdon61

As a newbie to Chiang Rai, I spend a lot of time wandering around trying to write down everything I see for later use in finding it. Things as basic as shopping for food to finding a tool or special thing for motorcycle to building supplies. Now a lot of people here have seen or bought that which we seek!!!

So I thought why not a topic here?

First request: In Canada we have "flat repair" in a can. Emergency flat repair to get you back that 50K or more to where it can be fixed properly.

When posting start with a Search Title like

"Flat Repair in a Can?"

Worth a try???:rolleyes:

BobM

Where can I buy a flat Can, that needs repairing ? :D

Your lucky day!!!! I happen to have several cans I can pre-flatten for you to repair and on sale now at only "1000 baht" each. I do discount for multi purchases!! :whistling:

Please deliver 1,000000 to the CR Prison, cell26a. I hope to make some steps out of them and over the wall asap. :D :D

Your lucky day!!!! I happen to have several cans I can pre-flatten for you to repair and on sale now at only "1000 baht" each. I do discount for multi purchases!! :whistling:

Hahahah. Caught you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahah. Caught you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not yet , but if you tell the guards my plan, then they are sure to take action in a weeks time , hopefully I will be out by then :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well found a can of flat repair at Big C. The idea is you get a temp fix, go replace the tube and boot the tire. I would never run a repaired tube on a MC any way, so works out and not have to remove and fix a tire in the middle of nowhere on a nice hot day.

Now to find parts for a Yamaha 250 Virgo (the Lifan 250B is a clone).

Well found a can of flat repair at Big C. The idea is you get a temp fix, go replace the tube and boot the tire. I would never run a repaired tube on a MC any way, so works out and not have to remove and fix a tire in the middle of nowhere on a nice hot day.

Now to find parts for a Yamaha 250 Virgo (the Lifan 250B is a clone).

Thanks Mcdonnasan, I need a tin of that stuff myself. Easy to spot in the motoring section ?

So, I'm looking for a 12v Cigar lighter adaptor type thing.

Female. preferably waterproof.

I want to be able to power the GPS from the Motorbike as well as the Car and it seems the easiest solution.

I know you can get marine cig lighter (female), water proof for boats back home, Canada. I plan on bringing one back with me after our visit to Canada but that will be Oct.

I will try Ebay as often if it is made in China or SE Asia shipping is free to Thailand. Recreational boating doesn't seem to be to big on the list of Thai activities.

Thanks Donnasan, So you think it may explode or something ? !? :)

• 2 months later...

Haven't seen any mac, but have never looked. Will keep an eye out. Better to just drain the system, start it and let it run dry before you leave, isn't it?

Edited by kandahar

Haven't seen any mac, but have never looked. Will keep an eye out. Better to just drain the system, start it and let it run dry before you leave, isn't it?

Yes if nothing else, good plan. Even drained there is residual in carb (even run dry) that can turn to scum and jam needle valve and such. Also father said will run it up each week for me while away so maybe that is best plan without treatment. Maybe he'll finally take it for a burn :whistling:

I recommend not purging you fuel system, but each to their own :)

Has anyone seen any car inverters for sale in CR. I have one in the Middle East, but unfortunately the store I bought if from only had one. It has been working faultlessly for me so far.

Input: 12 VDC

Output: 220V AC 50Hz

USB Output: 5V 0.5A

Power rating: 150W

Cost me about 600 Baht, converted, not that it's an issue.

It has other specs including short circuit protection. See the photos below and this is the exact same one that I have. All relevant answers appreciated. Thanks

SUVPR_DY150_150W_220V_Car_Power_Inverters_CSCPOWER1001578.jpgSUVPR_DY150_150W_220V_Car_Power_Inverters_CSCPOWER1001578-1.jpg

Edited by Garry

Yes if nothing else, good plan. Even drained there is residual in carb (even run dry) that can turn to scum and jam needle valve and such. Also father said will run it up each week for me while away so maybe that is best plan without treatment. Maybe he'll finally take it for a burn :whistling:

make sure you disconnect the battery and secure the bike away from Inlaws :(

I recommend not purging you fuel system, but each to their own :)

Has anyone seen any car inverters for sale in CR. I have one in the Middle East, but unfortunately the store I bought if from only had one. It has been working faultlessly for me so far.

Input: 12 VDC

Output: 220V AC 50Hz

USB Output: 5V 0.5A

Power rating: 150W

Cost me about 600 Baht, converted, not that it's an issue.

It has other specs including short circuit protection. See the photos below and this is the exact same one that I have. All relevant answers appreciated. Thanks

SUVPR_DY150_150W_220V_Car_Power_Inverters_CSCPOWER1001578.jpgSUVPR_DY150_150W_220V_Car_Power_Inverters_CSCPOWER1001578-1.jpg

Anybody...no..!?

Anyone know where to buy the little light socket pull chain gizmos? Take the light bulb out, screw the gizmo into the light socket, screw the bulb into the gizmo and then can turn the light off-on with the pull chain. Have asked at a lot of places but nobody I have asked has ever heard of them. Popular in the western world, cheap, about 20 baht each, usually. These people keep trying to sell me the whole fixture that has the pull chain but I don't want to replace all of my light sockets.

• 4 months later...

Now I am looking for a cover for my motorcycle seat. This would be a sheep skin wool cover, much like used on saddles back home. Allows air to cool ones butt while riding. Even just a piece of sheep skin wool, I'll tie it down however.

Thanks

Try the Saddle Bags place just left of the first traffic lights on your way to town on the Old Chiang Mai road.

The people there may be able to get something like that for you.

Other than that there's a flock of sheep out near the airport.

Two birds with one stone... lamb chops and sheepskin seat covers. B)

Try the Saddle Bags place just left of the first traffic lights on your way to town on the Old Chiang Mai road.

The people there may be able to get something like that for you.

Other than that there's a flock of sheep out near the airport.

Two birds with one stone... lamb chops and sheepskin seat covers. B)

OK, found a nice big rock, so off shopping :D

So, I'm looking for a 12v Cigar lighter adaptor type thing.

Female. preferably waterproof.

I want to be able to power the GPS from the Motorbike as well as the Car and it seems the easiest solution.

Jubby, still looking for the plug in for the GPS? I bought 2 of the marine ones, excellent units, completely water proof and still sitting on my dresser in Canada where I put them so I wouldn't forget. I did find some here, they are at the shop near Pizza Hut place, sells speakers and electrical stuff, These are plastic and brass so reasonably weather resistant. I'll use heat shrink to seal the wires and hard wire it under the side cover of the bike next to the battery. Ask for them as they were in a bag behind the counter and 25bht.

Trying to find a ROUND slab of cement (with some reinforcing steel inside it) to use as a table top /cover. Needs to be approx 6 to 7 feet in diameter.

Have found a few but they are all more like 4 feet diameter. Anyone know where i might find something like a 7 footer?

I have been to a few of the big cement factory looking places but seems they are all making big rectangles to be used in housing and no circular ones.

Thanks in advance for any tips.