• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Sa Kaeo and was wondering if anyone else lives here too.

I'm in Prachinburi, next province over. My impression is that there aren't many farang hereabouts....

There are not many. I discovered one more in my village last week. He is from Holland. That makes 2. But he is leaving in October and there will only be 1 farang in my village again.

I think in Sa Kaeo, there are about 30 to 40 farangs but I'm not sure. The only farangs who live here are those who want peace and quiet, fresh air, cheap food, and very nice people.

I live in Sa Kaeo and was wondering if anyone else lives here too.

I'm in Prachinburi, next province over. My impression is that there aren't many farang hereabouts....

There are not many. I discovered one more in my village last week. He is from Holland. That makes 2. But he is leaving in October and there will only be 1 farang in my village again.

I think in Sa Kaeo, there are about 30 to 40 farangs but I'm not sure. The only farangs who live here are those who want peace and quiet, fresh air, cheap food, and very nice people.

Agree...all the more reason to try to find them so we can have a forum for the forgotten east-central area (Nakorn Nayok-Prachinburi-Sakeo).

Definetely no other farangs in my village or any village in the tambon, and if there are any in the ampur they're well hidden because the ampur doesn't know about them.

It would be nice to be able to share info on locally available goods & services, floods etc...so let's keep hunting. Calling anyone in Nakor Nayok, Prachin or Sa Keow....

:o

There is a restaurant in Wang Nam Yen whose owner lived in the Northwest United States in the USA for 20 years. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas he has a dinner for all the farangs in the area. This is the only time I have seen more than 3 farangs in the same village.

Here is the website if your interested.

http://www.palmgardenrestaurant.com/index.html

His t-bone steak is pretty good if your interested in that. If you ever go, it's best to call ahead if you want steak so he can pick the best slice of beef for you.

Perhaps you can make one of the gatherings this year.

There is a restaurant in Wang Nam Yen whose owner lived in the Northwest United States in the USA for 20 years. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas he has a dinner for all the farangs in the area. This is the only time I have seen more than 3 farangs in the same village.

His t-bone steak is pretty good if your interested in that. If you ever go, it's best to call ahead if you want steak so he can pick the best slice of beef for you.

Thanks, If I'm in country at the holidays I'll come.

Who would have thought Fettucini Alfredo could be found on rte 317?? :o

Thanks, If I'm in country at the holidays I'll come.

Who would have thought Fettucini Alfredo could be found on rte 317?? :o

Until I ran out last week, grits was found at my place along route 317. :D

Anyone live there?

It's not a central Thailand, much of it has been incorporated into Sa Kaew in 1993.

What a wasteland it is. My gf's home town (Wang Sombun) now belongs to Sa Kaew, not to Chantaburi. As it would make any difference.

Been there, no desire to set my foot again into that wasteland.

Guys living there - did SK talk you away from commiting a suicide? What dump had you lived in before?

Hey Muldoon, If you don't like Wang Somboon, I am sure no one will miss your annual charity visit.

I have lived in Wang Somboon for over a year now. I like it so much I am going to build a house in this district next year.

It's not the bustling night life that keeps me here, it's the people.

It's also the fact that many farangs like youself don't come here that keeps me here. Not that there is anything wrong with you, it just seems like the type of entertainment you might be looking for might cause problems in a small community.

Wang Somboon is the type of community that my parents use to talk about when I was a kid but don't seem to exist anymore in the USA. The place where everyone knows everyone and its still safe to walk down the street along at night. A place where neighbors help neighbors. I have never been anywhere like this before and I can't really see myself living anywhere else.

This is the most peaceful place I have ever lived. I love being able to go running in the evening and people say hello as you pass by. The views and bueaty of the sprawling lush green farm fields and the distant mountians to the east of Wang Somboon are awesome. There are hills to the south are full of farms trails that are great for mountian biking.

Food in the market is very cheap and very fresh. I can get just about everything I like to eat there. The only thing I can't get is cheese, potatoes, and bacon. I go to Bangkok for that.

I don't miss any TV either. I have UBC here as well as DSL. In fact, my DSL dosen't suffer the problems associated with other areas in Thailand because not many people are using highspeed DSL. 99% of the time, I get the posted speeds.

Much of the greed associated with areas frequented by farangs is not here at all. People are very nice here. Of course Wang Somboon, like anyplace else, has its share or problems, but it's something I can live with.

post-19457-1127088167_thumb.jpg

post-19457-1127088367_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard10365
Hey Muldoon, If you don't like Wang Somboon,  I am sure no one will miss your annual charity visit.

I have lived in Wang Somboon for over a year now. I like it so much I am going to build a house in this district next year.

It's not the bustling night life that keeps me here, it's the people.

It's also the fact that many farangs like youself don't come here that keeps me here. Not that there is anything wrong with you, it just seems like the type of entertainment you might be looking for might cause problems in a small community.

Wang Somboon is the type of community that my parents use to talk about when I was a kid but don't seem to exist anymore in the USA. The place where everyone knows everyone and its still safe to walk down the street along at night. A place where neighbors help neighbors. I have never been anywhere like this before and I can't really see myself living anywhere else.

This is the most peaceful place I have ever lived. I love being able to go running in the evening and people say hello as you pass by. The views and bueaty of the sprawling lush green farm fields and the distant mountians to the east of Wang Somboon are awesome. There are hills to the south are full of farms trails that are great for mountian biking.

Food in the market is very cheap and very fresh. I can get just about everything I like to eat there. The only thing I can't get is cheese, potatoes, and bacon. I go to Bangkok for that.

I don't miss any TV either. I have UBC here as well as DSL. In fact, my DSL dosen't suffer the problems associated with other areas in Thailand because not many people are using highspeed DSL. 99% of the time, I get the posted speeds.

Much of the greed associated with areas frequented by farangs is not here at all. People are very nice here. Of course Wang Somboon, like anyplace else, has its share or problems, but it's something I can live with.

post-19457-1127088167_thumb.jpg

I dont believe I've ever been to Wang Somboon, I should really explore the district more throughly given that it is where my mom is from.