Sa Kaeo

richard10365

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The drive from Chanthaburi up to Sa Kaew is one of the nicest short rides in Thailand IMHO especially in the rainy season. Very moody. Kick back with a few changs and watch the scenery roll by.

It wasn't so long ago that the army would stop each bus on 317 and ride along the section where it ran close to the Cambodian border to protect against possible attack.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum but have been living near Aranyaphrathet for the last five years. I work offshore so I'm home every 3 weeks for 21 days. There are several farang in the area coming and going. I go to Sakeo for a round of golf about twice a week and Soi Dao once in a while. If anyone would like to join me in a round for a laugh at my wayward shot contact me or we could meet up for a beer. :o

Cheers,

Peter

http://www.karamanosfamily.com

The link to the palm garden restaurant failed, but I found this near Prachin Buri. Is it the same one?

http://www.palmgalo.com/english/surroundin...rroundings.html

No, it's not. This place is right near where I live, off highway 33 that runs between Nakorn Nayok and Aranyaprathet. It's a small resort closeto Khao Yai and the restaurant is typical Thai fare. The place the post had referred to is I think off the road that runs from Sakeo to Chantaburi.

• 3 weeks later...

Do not live in Sakaew , but do live very close in Aranyaprathet or actually about 10k out of town. There are several farang's out this way around 15 or so but I beleive I am the only one with a little blond wife from Seattle. Have a great Thai day.

• 1 month later...
Do not live in Sakaew , but do live very close in Aranyaprathet or actually about 10k out of town. There are several farang's out this way around 15 or so but I beleive I am the only one with a little blond wife from Seattle. Have a great Thai day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I live in Sa Kaeo and was wondering if anyone else lives here too.

HI RICHARD

GOT YOUR LINK FROM AMERITHAI

IM AN ENGLISH GUY WHO JUST MET A THAI LADY AND I CANT GET BACK TO THERE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

WE GOT PHONE NUMBERS,WE GOT EMAIL-JUST AND ADDRESS WHERE SHE WORKS

SHE GAVE ME HER HOME ADDRESS BUT ITS WRTTEN IN ENGLISH BY A THAI WHO DOESNT SPEAK ENGLISH SO ITS GIVING ME PROBS

YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA SO I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME RATIONALISING THE INFO JUST IN CASE OTHER LINKS COLLAPSE AND I HAVE TO TRY FIND HER

ADDRESS:-

NUMBER M NUMBER

NONGMUNG

COKSUNG

SAKEW PRETTY SURE ITS SA KAEO BECAUSE WE DREW A LITTLE MAP

IVE LOOKED ON THE MAP AND CANT LOCATE ALTHOUGH I CAN PURSUE IN LOCAL LIBRARY IN MORE DETAIL

I CAN GET THE THAI CONSUL TO HELP

YOU ARE MY FIRST HOPE

CAN YOU RELATE THIS INFO TO PLACES IN THE LOCALE?

ONCE I GET IT RIGHT IN ENGLISH I CAN GET IT TRANSLATED

THEN IVE GOT A CHANCE

CAN YOU HELP?

JIM

I live in Sa Kaeo and was wondering if anyone else lives here too.

HI RICHARD

GOT YOUR LINK FROM AMERITHAI

IM AN ENGLISH GUY WHO JUST MET A THAI LADY AND I CANT GET BACK TO THERE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

WE GOT PHONE NUMBERS,WE GOT EMAIL-JUST AND ADDRESS WHERE SHE WORKS

SHE GAVE ME HER HOME ADDRESS BUT ITS WRTTEN IN ENGLISH BY A THAI WHO DOESNT SPEAK ENGLISH SO ITS GIVING ME PROBS

YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA SO I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME RATIONALISING THE INFO JUST IN CASE OTHER LINKS COLLAPSE AND I HAVE TO TRY FIND HER

ADDRESS:-

NUMBER M NUMBER

NONGMUNG

COKSUNG

SAKEW PRETTY SURE ITS SA KAEO BECAUSE WE DREW A LITTLE MAP

IVE LOOKED ON THE MAP AND CANT LOCATE ALTHOUGH I CAN PURSUE IN LOCAL LIBRARY IN MORE DETAIL

YOU ARE MY FIRST HOPE

ONCE I GET IT RIGHT IN ENGLISH I CAN GET IT TRANSLATED

THEN IVE GOT A CHANCE

CAN YOU HELP?

JIM

Hi Jim,

I moved from Sa Kaeo last November. My wife got pregnant and wanted to have the baby in her village. We lived in Phayao after that for 6 months. I got bored and moved my little family to Chiang Mai in May. I am thinking of going to school up here at an international college next year.

I do miss Sa Kaeo very much and plan on visiting with my family next month to show off our baby.

If possible, can you send me the address in Thai. I can translate it better. There are many villages in Sa Kaeo along the border and I know I don't know all of them. To narrow down the search the tambon will be needed.

The way they identify their village is muban (name of the village), tamboon (name of the district), jangwat (name of the province).

Richard

Hello Richard-

I have seen several of your post in the past but for some reason I didn’t realize that you live here in Sa Kaeo.

You would be very surprised to know that there are quite a few farangs around here.

I have lived here in the village of Nom Puk Tao for the last 4 years full time and the last 15 years part time prior to retiring early.

Nom Puk Tao is 23 kilometers west of Sa Kaeo on highway 33. As you go West from Sa Kaeo you would pass thru Sala Lam Duang and the Ban Kang and my village is 5 more kilos west.

I used to live in Los Angeles California (Simi Valley). We should get together some time for a chat.

Jim aka "Baron"of Sa Kaeo

Hello Richard-

I have seen several of your post in the past but for some reason I didn’t realize that you live here in Sa Kaeo.

You would be very surprised to know that there are quite a few farangs around here.

I have lived here in the village of Nom Puk Tao for the last 4 years full time and the last 15 years part time prior to retiring early.

Nom Puk Tao is 23 kilometers west of Sa Kaeo on highway 33. As you go West from Sa Kaeo you would pass thru Sala Lam Duang and the Ban Kang and my village is 5 more kilos west.

I used to live in Los Angeles California (Simi Valley). We should get together some time for a chat.

Hi Jim,

I was living in Sa Kaeo. Now I live in Chiang Mai.

I too was in the Los Angeles area before I came to Thailand. When I decided to come to Thailand, I went to the Thai Wat in the LA area for Thai language lessons. They told me about a charity they set up to help the children in King Amphur Wang Somboon. They asked me to help teach English to the farm kids. The people in Los Angeles donated money to support the charity/school in Sa Kaeo. I taught there for 18 months for free.

After a while, I noticed a lot of the money was not getting to the kids but to the family in Thailand of the Thai language instructor in Los Angeles. I noticed this because of many reasons.

One reason was the school was located on the Thai language teachers families land in Sa Kaeo. Part of their house wasn't finished and they told me that they had no money. Later that year, the husband bought a new truck and his wife went on a 3 month vacation to Japan.

Also the villagers told me things they family had done to get more money. For instance, the charity bought school uniforms for the small school in the village. The Thai family owning the land where the charity was located asked the teachers to sign a reciept that said the cost of the uniforms was 120,000 baht. When the auctual cost was 60,000 baht.

Then I learned the school was in the location it was to because the Thai government was buying up the land to make a dam in the area. The owners of the land (family of the Thai teacher in Los Angeles) would get a lot more money from the Thai government for the school when the government buys the land.

After a while, I noticed the trees some Thai's plant to harvest for money, were getting very tall. Myself and the other Thai's helping me with the school felt it was too dangerous for the children to make the trip to the school 2 km outside the village. So we moved the school. We were then informed the school would not be supported anymore.

We contined to teach for another 6 months before the children saw there was no more free money and most stopped comming.

My wife got pregnant and we moved to her village for 6 months. I wasn't happy there so we now live in Chaing Mai.

I will be visiting Sa Kaeo in October. Maybe we can all get together at the Palm Garden Restaurant outside of Wang Nam Yen. The owner is an excellent cook who has free Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner in the region every year for the farangs in the area.

Mark

:o Aran is Sakaeo district. Became part of Sakeo in 1992 or 1993 cant remember.

NUMBER M NUMBER = House number + Subvillage number (M is abrev. for Moo or subvillage)

NONGMUNG = Tambon or sub district name, I would write this as Nong Muang

COKSUNG = Amphoe or district name pronounced Coke Sung, actually sub-amphoe or "king amphoe" in this instance

SAKEW = Province, Sa Kaeo or any other of the many spellings

27180 = Postal code or Zip code to those from USA

YOU ARE MY FIRST HOPE

Maps of rural Thailand are tough. Here is a map of Sa Kaeo Amphoes. Coke Sung is number 8.

http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B8%A0%E0%...hoe_Sa_Kaeo.png

Here is a map of Coke Sung. Nong Muang is the orange sub district on the left.

http://cddweb.cdd.go.th/sakaeo/web/koksoong/Subdistrict.htm

Here is the address in Thai. Replace the numbers as needed. If it becomes necesary show this to a Thai in Arranyaprathet and you should be able to get there with little trouble. It looks like it is just a little north of there.

123 ม 1

ตำบลหนองม่วง

กิ่งอำเภอโคกสูง

สระแก้ว

Sorry, I can't give you any landmarks because that isn't my neighborhood. When in LOS I stay around Chantaburi.

Tim

Woops, at the top of the this forum is a link to a map. I'm new here so just getting used to things. Here is my first attempt at adding a picture.post-34617-1158714315_thumb.jpg

Nice going Tim. You've pretty well narrowed down the location for Jimbo. :o

GUYS

WHAT CAN I SAY YOUVE ALL BEEN FANTASTIC

FROM HAVING AN UNKNOWN ADDRESS ON A PIECE OF PAPER IVE NOW GOT THE LOCATION AND THE ADDRESS IN THAI ( AMAZINGLY MY COMPUTER PRINTED IT OUT CORRECTLY)

I NOW FEEL SURE THAT I CAN GET THERE IF ITS NEEDED

ON THE PARALLEL THEME THE PHONE IS NOW REGULAR AND SHES PICKED UP THE EMAIL HABIT SO WE ARE SOLIDLY IN TOUCH-LET FATE TAKE ITS COURSE NOW

IM BACK OUT IN DEC SO WE CAN WORK ON IT THEN

THANKS AGAIN YOUVE BEEN A GREAT HELP

JIM PARRY

LIVERPOOL UK

• 1 month later...

Hello Richard-

Hi Jim,

I was living in Sa Kaeuo. Now I live in Chiang Mai.

I too was in the Los Angeles area before I came to Thailand. When I decided to come to Thailand, I went to the Thai Wat in the LA area for Thai language lessons. They told me about a charity they set up to help the children in King Amphur Wang Somboon. They asked me to help teach English to the farm kids. The people in Los Angeles donated money to support the charity/school in Sa Kaeo. I taught there for 18 months for free.

After a while, I noticed a lot of the money was not getting to the kids but to the family in Thailand of the Thai language instructor in Los Angeles. I noticed this because of many reasons.

One reason was the school was located on the Thai language teachers families land in Sa Kaeo. Part of their house wasn't finished and they told me that they had no money. Later that year, the husband bought a new truck and his wife went on a 3 month vacation to Japan.

Also the villagers told me things they family had done to get more money. For instance, the charity bought school uniforms for the small school in the village. The Thai family owning the land where the charity was located asked the teachers to sign a reciept that said the cost of the uniforms was 120,000 baht. When the auctual cost was 60,000 baht.

Then I learned the school was in the location it was to because the Thai government was buying up the land to make a dam in the area. The owners of the land (family of the Thai teacher in Los Angeles) would get a lot more money from the Thai government for the school when the government buys the land.

After a while, I noticed the trees some Thai's plant to harvest for money, were getting very tall. Myself and the other Thai's helping me with the school felt it was too dangerous for the children to make the trip to the school 2 km outside the village. So we moved the school. We were then informed the school would not be supported anymore.

We contined to teach for another 6 months before the children saw there was no more free money and most stopped comming.

My wife got pregnant and we moved to her village for 6 months. I wasn't happy there so we now live in Chaing Mai.

I will be visiting Sa Kaeo in October. Maybe we can all get together at the Palm Garden Restaurant outside of Wang Nam Yen. The owner is an excellent cook who has free Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner in the region every year for the farangs in the area.

Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mark,

It has been a long time since we talked last........

Yes, I am the lady you talked about - the Thai language instructor at the Thai Wat in LA area.

The reason I join this forum is because what you said about me and my family and my project in Sa Kaeo.

It's only fair that Jim hear the another side of this story.

Jim,

Mark was in my class for a bout 2-3 times if I remember correctly. He wanted to move to Thailand and I suggested for him to visit Sa Kaeo and maybe teach the kids at the school we sponsored at that time.

I told him about a little class project that I started in Sa Kaeo. Our mission is to help improve education for the disadvantaged children in rural Thailand.

We hired 2 teachers to teach at an elementary school 3 days a week and at the community center on the weekend. The main subjects were English and Math. One of the teacher taught also taught them music and culture in the after noon at the center too.

The basic idea of having a community center is that the kids can learn and have fun and stay away from drugs and gangs on the weekend. Sa Kaeo is one of the worst town for drugs.

The kids at the elementary school were taught by border patrol officers and they were not real teachers! That's the reason we sent 2 teachers to help at that school. I mean all the kids learn was PE and agriculture. They couldn't get ahead with that kind of education.

Anyway going back to Mark, a few weeks later he moved to Thailand and went to Sa Kaeo. I told him he could live at my family's house but he had to install a door and windows for the room so he can live in. He ended up in a better apartment in town - which was a better deal. I mean why should he pay for someone's else windows and door, right?

Mark started to teach at a school near by and many other schools too. He did all that for free. He is so right about that. Mark was just the best farang I have seen in a long long time. I kept thanking him for doing that for Thailand. The guy had a heart as big as an ocean! I was thankful to have known him. My family was so happy to have him in Sa Kaeo.

My sister was crezy about Mark/ When she went to Sa Kaeo she always had extra food for Mark. You know how the Thais are. When they like you they will feed you to death! Mark always had something to eat when my sister was there.

Mark went to Bangkok one time and met a girl at Pat Pong and some how they hit if off right away. From what I remembered, he spent the night with her the very first day they met. The rest was history.

He wanted to bring his girl and live in my family home(remember what I told him before...ok to live but fixing the room first). My sister refused his request because we didn't want to have anything to do with his girlfriend.

If you talk to Thais you would know why we have that kind of resentment.

No Thais in their right mind would welcome the girl from Pat Pong who knew nothing about a farang but she slept with him the first night. It's not the Thai thing. The good girls would not hang out at Pat Pong and do the things his girlfriend was doing, OK?

Mark was mad as hel_l at my family anyway after that! He kept it inside... We knew it but there was nothing we could do. It's the conflict of culture.

Beside that, Mark was our leading man teaching English. He was the kids favorite. He took them swimming after class... I mean my sister told me about how good Mark was with the kids. He would do anything for them if he could. I couldn't ask for a better teacher for the kids.

We didn't have a problem about the school but Mark seemed to have a problem with the community center because it's in my family's property!

He said that the money tree started to grow bigger and bigger.....He seemed to connect the dots without the facts. Know the facts before jumping to the conclusion.

Here is the details and facts:

I have been teaching for about 10 years at the temple as a volunteer. 3 years ago I started to charge my students extra because I could. I told them that I wanted to do something good in Thailand that would benefit the community. I gave them free education(they only paid for the facility usage at the time) and do could they.

That's how I started my class project. I charge the students fees and I donate the money to the project. I give away my money so the kids can have better education, ok?

Mark said people in LA donated the money. Yes, but only 3 or four who really gave without getting anything back in return. The rest get things in return......my lessons!

It's my hard earn money he is talking about! No one will give me money if I don't teach them Thai. Got it Mark!

Are we clear now about money and where it came from?

I asked my family if I could used an old building to start a community center. They gave me their blessing. So we paid for paints...labor..etc.to have doors and windows installed.

Every time when I paid money for anything in Thailand...someone in class would have to ok it first. I made an announcement of what we did and how much money we would donate. Another word I had and still have to report to the Treasurer! We are not a non-profit but I had to start somewhere.

...We have our community center. No one can play politics on my property. We can do anything we want here without interference from the outside.

There are many politics in everything we do in Thailand and I don't want any part of it. Flexibility is what I was looking for and control is what I want. The less control the better for my project.

I have to run so I will continue next week when I come back to work.

Good bye for now,

Thai Teacher in LA

Mark went to Bangkok one time and met a girl at Pat Pong and some how they hit if off right away. From what I remembered, he spent the night with her the very first day they met. The rest was history.

He wanted to bring his girl and live in my family home(remember what I told him before...ok to live but fixing the room first). My sister refused his request because we didn't want to have anything to do with his girlfriend.

No Thais in their right mind would welcome the girl from Pat Pong who knew nothing about a farang but she slept with him the first night. It's not the Thai thing. The good girls would not hang out at Pat Pong and do the things his girlfriend was doing, OK?

Mark was mad as hel_l at my family anyway after that! He kept it inside... We knew it but there was nothing we could do. It's the conflict of culture.

I have been teaching for about 10 years at the temple as a volunteer. 3 years ago I started to charge my students extra because I could. I told them that I wanted to do something good in Thailand that would benefit the community. I gave them free education(they only paid for the facility usage at the time) and do could they.

That's how I started my class project. I charge the students fees and I donate the money to the project. I give away my money so the kids can have better education, ok?

Mark said people in LA donated the money. Yes, but only 3 or four who really gave without getting anything back in return. The rest get things in return......my lessons!

It's my hard earn money he is talking about! No one will give me money if I don't teach them Thai. Got it Mark!

I asked my family if I could used an old building to start a community center. They gave me their blessing. So we paid for paints...labor..etc.to have doors and windows installed.

Every time when I paid money for anything in Thailand...someone in class would have to ok it first. I made an announcement of what we did and how much money we would donate. Another word I had and still have to report to the Treasurer! We are not a non-profit but I had to start somewhere.

...We have our community center. No one can play politics on my property. We can do anything we want here without interference from the outside.

There are many politics in everything we do in Thailand and I don't want any part of it. Flexibility is what I was looking for and control is what I want. The less control the better for my project.

Good bye for now,

Thai Teacher in LA

Why should it matter to you or anyone else about where or how he met his wife? What makes her less of a person not to be welcomed? Have you ever actually met the woman to form such a critical judgement? If not, does what you wrote in your post show you to be a better person than she is?

I don't think it has as much to do with "conflict of culture" as it does a personal attitude of looking down on another human being. I think you should certainly be able to understand why anyone might feel upset about being treated in such an unfriendly and unfair manner. Interestingly though, by your own post you also indicated he never showed any anger. But yet you assume he was angry.

Sounds to me like they're doing fine and raising their own family now. How bad can that be?

I'm not sure why you felt it was so important to write about such kind of personal matters when you could have simply posted your point about the "details and facts" and left it at that. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply be quietly grateful for your own life rather than to be verbally critical about someone else's life? It's just a thought.

Hi,

You are right. I was kind of angry at what I read on the forum and then I said something to put his girl down like that and I am sorry. I was saying at the time we were not in the mood to just take her in. We would never hear the end of it from the gossiping of the people - again, it's the Thai thing.

I don't really care who or what she is as long as she has a good heart. I got to talk to her later on and told her why we felt that way and she understood. She was cool.

It's just a part of facts of the whole story.

You wouldn't understand. But you know what? I think it's getting to be personal like you said. Anger is the very negative thing and I hate to be angry and I would like to concentrate on the positive things in Sa Kaeo.

Considering the matter is closed!

I am sorry if I offended anyone involved.

Good day!

Good bye for now,

Thai Teacher in LA

Why should it matter to you or anyone else about where or how he met his wife? What makes her less of a person not to be welcomed? Have you ever actually met the woman to form such a critical judgement? If not, does what you wrote in your post show you to be a better person than she is?

I don't think it has as much to do with "conflict of culture" as it does a personal attitude of looking down on another human being. I think you should certainly be able to understand why anyone might feel upset about being treated in such an unfriendly and unfair manner. Interestingly though, by your own post you also indicated he never showed any anger. But yet you assume he was angry.

Sounds to me like they're doing fine and raising their own family now. How bad can that be?

I'm not sure why you felt it was so important to write about such kind of personal matters when you could have simply posted your point about the "details and facts" and left it at that. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply be quietly grateful for your own life rather than to be verbally critical about someone else's life? It's just a thought.

Hi,

You are right. I was kind of angry at what I read on the forum and then I said something to put his girl down like that and I am sorry. I was saying at the time we were not in the mood to just take her in. We would never hear the end of it from the gossiping of the people - again, it's the Thai thing.

I don't really care who or what she is as long as she has a good heart. I got to talk to her later on and told her why we felt that way and she understood. She was cool.

It's just a part of facts of the whole story.

You wouldn't understand. But you know what? I think it's getting to be personal like you said. Anger is the very negative thing and I hate to be angry and I would like to concentrate on the positive things in Sa Kaeo.

Considering the matter is closed!

I am sorry if I offended anyone involved.

Good day!

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m not offended because it wasn’t directed at me. We’re all human and we all make mistakes. We become better people when we can recognize and correct our mistakes. You’ve done that with your apology and are a much better person for it.

I do understand what you mean about gossip, but it’s still not just a “Thai thing”. Unfortunately, gossip often becomes very personal toward someone in a very negative one-sided way.

I agree with you that it’s better to concentrate on the positive things about Sa Kaeo.

:o

• 4 months later...
Hey Muldoon, If you don't like Wang Somboon, I am sure no one will miss your annual charity visit.

I have lived in Wang Somboon for over a year now. I like it so much I am going to build a house in this district next year.

Food in the market is very cheap and very fresh. I can get just about everything I like to eat there. The only thing I can't get is cheese, potatoes, and bacon. I go to Bangkok for that.

I don't miss any TV either. I have UBC here as well as DSL. In fact, my DSL dosen't suffer the problems associated with other areas in Thailand because not many people are using highspeed DSL. 99% of the time, I get the posted speeds.

Much of the greed associated with areas frequented by farangs is not here at all. People are very nice here. Of course Wang Somboon, like anyplace else, has its share or problems, but it's something I can live with.

post-19457-1127088167_thumb.jpg

I like the post. I to live in the area. I can save you a trip to bangkok. I get my bacon in a store in Aranya Prathet. Vacuum sealed packs. Potatoes are also available in Aranya Market. There is even a store that stocks alot od foreign food there. Its new and I hope it will stay. You can even buy some decent French wine there :o There are few farang around so we will see.

Pm me if you want the location of the bacon. The only condition is do not buy it all when I am on vacation there!

Be careful with your choice of builder when you build your house. I have just finished my house there and I am very impressed with my builder and with his ability to follow architect plans and maintain a good quality of build standard.

Edited by maprao

• 2 weeks later...

my g/f is from a small village just outside wang nam yen. sister works at wangnamyen hospital

i've been looking at buying some land near there to build a house.

my favorite was 4rai for 100k bhat , right on the road, but alas sor bor kor on a 10 rai paper so i felt it to risky a proposition to jump on this. also have another 20 rai a family member is more than happy to sell us to grow euculiptus trees on if we want . but still nothing i'm confident would be safe to build a nice house on.

all i've seen so far is sor por kor, so not much use to a farang

is there much around the area with "real" paperwork ?

have traveled up there around 10 times now in the last year and i've only ever seen 1 other farang LOL and he was doing i 7/11 run on his motorbike .

would love to know any of the english speaking farangs in this area so i can get local advise on the land i'm looking for etc ..

and finaly :o is there any nightlife for a farang in the area of any description ?

am over here this time till 4th april so anyone around ?

My wife is from a small village outside Khao Chagan, just up the road from you. I think you will continue to struggle finding any land with "real" title. As near as I can tell, when the land was opened up back in 60's or so and people moved there, mostly it seems from the Korat area of Issan, no title was given and the land has just been divided up passed on down through the generations. The idea or need of real title is meaningless to them.

TH

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have recently moved to SaKaeo, currently have a small rented house very close to the bus station but am looking around for somewhere larger. My wife's village has no phone connections so its the city for me!! we tend to spend a few days in town and a few in the village.... or rather, that's the plan if I can find a car.

Anybody know the nearest place to hire a car? Impossible here from talking to Thais but I would rather hire for a month or two to get my bearings and find a car to buy at my leisure.

As I said, am currently very close to the bus station, so if anybody fancies a drink and a chat then let me know.

cheers

Richard