Sa Kaeo

richard10365

I suspect hybrid has now left the building as the 4th has well and truly passed. However, it is amazing how much 'entertainment' is on offer if a falang is out at night on his own :o without the wifey! Actually, was good fun being out on my own as discovered a few locals who speak passable English - my Thai is currently absolute crap (I think nit noi ma is being very kind). Will have to do it more often!

Rych

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[VE LOOKED ON THE MAP AND CANT LOCATE ALTHOUGH I CAN PURSUE IN LOCAL LIBRARY IN MORE DETAIL

I CAN GET THE THAI CONSUL TO HELP

YOU ARE MY FIRST HOPE

CAN YOU RELATE THIS INFO TO PLACES IN THE LOCALE?

ONCE I GET IT RIGHT IN ENGLISH I CAN GET IT TRANSLATED

THEN IVE GOT A CHANCE

CAN YOU HELP?

JIM

Hi Jim, I think you are from Liverpool, right? :o I am from Wallasey across the river from you.

I wonder if you are still involved with the lady from Khok Sung? The reason I wonder is that I and my (thai) wife live nearby. We have been here nearly a year now since our move from Chaing Mai. I am retired and my money helps to pay for the expenses of running the rice farm.

If your still "in the area" it would be good to get together with another Merseysider( I am a red by the way)

Good luck to you anyway

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I not live there yet but plan on it one day. Maybe you someone can help with giving me a heads up on availabilty of housing and also what may I exspect to pay for lease/rent of 3 bedroom house in or around Sakaeo, girlfriend is from nearby Khlong Hat. Would like to move her closer to childrens school. Any help much appreciated as cannot find real estate agent for this area on the web.

I not live there yet but plan on it one day. Maybe you someone can help with giving me a heads up on availabilty of housing and also what may I exspect to pay for lease/rent of 3 bedroom house in or around Sakaeo, girlfriend is from nearby Khlong Hat. Would like to move her closer to childrens school. Any help much appreciated as cannot find real estate agent for this area on the web.

You will probably have to drive around and look for a house, There are a lot of rentals but you may have to put in a few of the odds and ends yourself. The average rent for the Sakaew/Aran area is around 3000bt per month........................

You will probably have to drive around and look for a house, There are a lot of rentals but you may have to put in a few of the odds and ends yourself. The average rent for the Sakaew/Aran area is around 3000bt per month........................

Thanks mate. I will do just that. thanks for the heads up on what price i may expect. always hard when you want to do things from so far away.

If anyone here will hear of some land for sale in Sa Kaeo town, or very very close to town;I´m interested in +/- 1 Rai for further development.

Currently we have a house near Khao Chagan , the villagers call it Baan Sukjaroen. Nice village but I couldn´t live there, SaKaeo town seems fine to me,also. Perhaps there will be a little expat community when I´m retired ( in about 25 years ), could you guys start up some businesses in Sa Kaeo? Euro-Dish Restaurants, or a Bar&Grill would be fine to me then. Then I would have at least a place to go while my wife is in the village.

If anyone here will hear of some land for sale in Sa Kaeo town, or very very close to town;I´m interested in +/- 1 Rai for further development.

Currently we have a house near Khao Chagan , the villagers call it Baan Sukjaroen. Nice village but I couldn´t live there, SaKaeo town seems fine to me,also. Perhaps there will be a little expat community when I´m retired ( in about 25 years ), could you guys start up some businesses in Sa Kaeo? Euro-Dish Restaurants, or a Bar&Grill would be fine to me then. Then I would have at least a place to go while my wife is in the village.

Will be looking at setting up house in Khlong Hat very shortly for wife and kids till I can get over there.

I may look at some type of business along those lines when next visit.

• 1 year later...
I live in Sa Kaeo and was wondering if anyone else lives here too.

I'm in Prachinburi, next province over. My impression is that there aren't many farang hereabouts....

There are not many. I discovered one more in my village last week. He is from Holland. That makes 2. But he is leaving in October and there will only be 1 farang in my village again.

I think in Sa Kaeo, there are about 30 to 40 farangs but I'm not sure. The only farangs who live here are those who want peace and quiet, fresh air, cheap food, and very nice people.

Agree...all the more reason to try to find them so we can have a forum for the forgotten east-central area (Nakorn Nayok-Prachinburi-Sakeo).

Definetely no other farangs in my village or any village in the tambon, and if there are any in the ampur they're well hidden because the ampur doesn't know about them.

It would be nice to be able to share info on locally available goods & services, floods etc...so let's keep hunting. Calling anyone in Nakor Nayok, Prachin or Sa Keow....

:o

Hi All,

Count me in - I have bought land 16km from Phanom Sarakham (twds Prachinburi) intend to build a house and set up a small farm (fruit/veg/rice/trees), my mother in law has a sister in Sa Keow, we visit often.

Kind Rgds

Len

• 9 months later...

maybe bringing life to an old dead thread . . .

making my first visit to 'the family' who are somewhere near Kaew Chakan for 7-10 days from Dec 27 2009. Travelling from Phuket via Bangkok (bus). Apart from my partner Nok there's no English-speaking in the family, though I suspect her 11yr daughter knows more than she lets on!

Nice to hear from anyone in the area, we'll be limited transport-wise unless I can hire a scooter (?); while I am very keen to finally meet the clan there is some stress involved too, overall 'they' have been quite anti this 'foreign invader' and feel a little as if I am on trial.

Am taking my running shoes just in case . . . if you see a 187cm man jogging west, please either offer to pick me up, or at least offer some clean drinking water

cheers, appreciate any messages of support!

• 1 month later...

G'day everyone,

Firstly let me say that I have lived in Sakaeo township for the last 2 years and currently live here alone. Yes same story you have all heard before so will not bore you with the details. I have also lived in the North and South of Thailand. I was very interested to read comments from "FARANG" that live in the Sakaeo province.

I can assure you all that many more than 30 to 40 of us live here but yes many are retired and happy to stay in the village living the life so to speak. One thing that came across in the forum was that we who live or visit here frequently have not connected. I will leave my phone number at the end of this post.

The other thing that struck me in reading the post was it was mentioned that nothing much happens here and has an appeal to some of us in terms of it not being a tourist destination. Although I must agree I wonder if this is actually good for the economy and lives of the Thais that live here. I have been fortunate in my 2 years here to have in the last year connected with many Thais that are willing and prepared to foster and embrace the farang community. Many of these Thai friends are also in a position to help the Sakaeo community but dont know how.

Maybe we can collectively help and brain storm some ideas that may help them secure a better local economy. Remember we see with outside eyes and unlike one gentlemans post I find much beauty in this area and many opportunities for the people here.

I invite phone calls form u all and if there is enough interest will set about organising a gathering.

So come on dont sit on your proverbial and just write about it lets get to know each other and do some networking. We live here so this is our community, lets make sure it feels like our community and have the Sakaeo people embrace us further.

My phone number for those interested is 0806368525 and if you read my id name backwards you will also know my name.

Cheers and hope to hear from you.

Edited by soundman
Set font to normal size for readability.

Hi Lecram,

I have a Thai wife - We have a house in Klong Nang Am - About 30k's from Sa Kaeo town...

Been coming to Sakaeo for over 20 years - My wife lived in Brisbane Australia for 17yrs. Then decided to become a farmer 2yrs ago... She is now growing rice , corn , sugarcane , peanuts , cucumbers , snakebean and more , as well as the obligatory pigs , ducks , chickens and fish... None of our relatives go hungry - even the ones who sit around on their bum all day long. One of the fore mentioned told my wife the other day , that she was a lot smarter than my little educated wife. My wife had to agree because here she is married to a Farang and works every day , while the other party sits around all day,gets good food and a reasonable roof over her head and use of a late model motor scooter + free fuel ! Our house looks very little different from other Thai houses , and so as you drive through our village , you can't point out our house and immediately recognize that a westerner lives there.....

However I still spend most my time in Brisbane. Actually it goes like this - 3mths in Australia then 3-4 weeks in Sakaeo , then the cycle repeats over + over.. Such that I end up in Sakaeo 3-4 times a year... I actually feel part of the place !

Over the years, I have met many Farang in and around Sakaeo. your right about 30-40 Farangs lining around Sakaeo , some are friendly + some don't want to be found + others have gone into what I call Conspiracy Theory Mode ( CTM ) - Be careful living alone and out of touch , I've met many CTM's in Thailand....

I'm not sure , but maybe I could have met you a year or so ago. If so I'm the one with the house wrecking twin 5yr old boys... If not you could have seen me + the twins walking around Sakaeo markets Big C or Makro...

I'll be back in Sakaeo at the end of March + most of April to suck water + powder splat , I'm a prime target if you know what I mean !!

Some find Sakaeo boring , that is until you become involved and have second inlaw family , then everything changes + a million stoories of Sakaeo begins. My stories started 22yrs ago.... I can't believe how much the place has changed in the last 22yrs...

All the best - Trevor

• 3 weeks later...

we're leaving Phuket behind and moving to Chanthaburi area, make it easier for our 'family' visits to Sa Kaeo (Nong Wa/Wang Sombun area).

Finish up here Phuket April 6, and will be on the farm balance of April before heading south. I was there last month and got one coat of stain on the main farm house, coat two next month.

Clever Trevor would be good to meet! And anyone else in area.

Poster 'Richard' I think we met at New Years at the temple/carnival you were building a house - we called in on the off-chance you'd be there, maybe next time - should be about finished by now?

cheers

I live nearby in Aranyaprathet been there for about 8+ years now. I work offshore so am home every other month. We have 4 kids at home and bought a house across the road from Pongkran school. We have some farm land also and I have built up an area hoping to build a house when the kids are grown up. Tesco opened up in Aran in December so I don't get to Sakaeo much anymore. I agree with what you say about farang not being friendly or acting like criminals on the run. I had a nice American friend in Aran but he had to go back to the US haven't really met anyone else. I am Canadian so am friendly and say hello to the farang I meet but most seem like they want to escape (maybe my breath?). I met a nice Aussie but he was only there for a visit decent guy though.

I live nearby in Aranyaprathet been there for about 8+ years now. I work offshore so am home every other month. We have 4 kids at home and bought a house across the road from Pongkran school. We have some farm land also and I have built up an area hoping to build a house when the kids are grown up. Tesco opened up in Aran in December so I don't get to Sakaeo much anymore. I agree with what you say about farang not being friendly or acting like criminals on the run. I had a nice American friend in Aran but he had to go back to the US haven't really met anyone else. I am Canadian so am friendly and say hello to the farang I meet but most seem like they want to escape (maybe my breath?). I met a nice Aussie but he was only there for a visit decent guy though.

somehow this mirrors my existence in Suphan; a small local tescos opened locally so we don't go to changwat suphanburi anymore and I have 3 nieces living in my house to attend the local school...I also haveta go away to work and only get home every 3 months or so...

I don't often see any other westerners and when I do it's a bit of a shock...but I always try to be friendly and say hello with the odd encounter...

us guys up here in the boonies got a lot more in common than we realise... :)

Gidday Genghis61 - Will be back in Sa Kaeo 29th March - 24th April.. Looked up the map - Wang Somboon not that far from where I live.. I live in the sticks , Klong Nang Am (Its spelt about 10 different ways, even the road signs dont agree with each other) is about 30ks west of Sakaeo town + about 25ks from Khao Chakan, just to give you some idea.. I'm going to buy a middle size rice mill this trip, or at least that's the plan at the moment.. Wife rang up a couple of nights ago, a little tipsy , the topic of conversation in the middle of alcoholic pauses , was that she wanted to move back to Australia.. Phone call next day - was to say "I've just bought a cow,a baby cow".

I said "Why" She (Sober this time) said,"They were going to kill it and eat it, and it's too young" I -"Its going to be eaten somtime" She -"I want it to grow up first".. ANYBODY! out there , you've got a ready market for your baby cows - just pull up at our front gate and threaten to kill whatever you want to sell!!!!

If you want to give any details mobile no. ect My email is << Use PM >>

Gidday Sakaeopete

try and look you up next time in Aran.I like the look of your house,printed out photos of your house and street.I should be able to find you if thats OK? Even if your not home , my wife and your wife can swap stories about Bad Man Farang... By the way , A Canadian has moved up from Pattya, and built a new house about 2kms from our house. I will have a first formal visit to his house as sonn as I get back..

Gdday tutswarrior,

Same same, hang out in Big C every few days and put the kids in the playpen and enjoy an aircon break.. In the village I live like a Thai,sleep on the floor under a big mossie net, with the fan blasting away. The animals wake me up early and I crash in the hammock a couple of times a day... Nearly came your way a few years back - I wanted to go to the Air Lauda crash site,a few months after it happened.. Alas my wife refused to go and I was reluctant to muck around in the Thai jungle without her interpreting in those days.( 1991 ) - Dunno what the fascination is , but maybe I've watched too many episodes of Air Crash Investigation... Anyway , good to hear from the outher side of the great divide ...

All the best you guys - Trevor

Edited by thaiphoon
E-mail address removed per forum rules

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi i have and house whit my girl in khao chakan same as you, near there. and i am going there in 2-3 weeks. you still home? whold be nice to say hello.

Good to hear there's new blood in the area,,, Arrive back in Sa Kaeo Late January for a month or so... Wife is now in the frog + duck business... She also grows chilli, peanuts, cucumber, chinese veg + sugarcane... One day I hope and pray, she'll ring me up and say,"Darling, no need to send money anymore, I'm making heaps"..... Alas we all have our own Dreamtime..... When in Thailand , I'm in Khao Chakan every second day.... Keep in touch we might meet !!!

post-32989-0-61780800-1290127748_thumb.jHello Richard: I live in Sa Kaeo I built my home here back in 1997. My Thai wife and I moved here from Calafornia.

We live 23 km East from Sa Kaeo just off of Hwy 33 (post-32989-0-36513000-1290127640_thumb.jthe road to Bkk)

write me or PM me for a meet

Hello,, I'm Trevor from Aussieland. Love to have a look at your abode.. As above, my wife now has moved back to Sa Kaeo... We live 23 kms west of Sa kaeo towm in a thai house in Klong Nang am... Want to know more about us - have a look at topic "Coming long time to Sa Kaeo"