• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The drive from Chanthaburi up to Sa Kaew is one of the nicest short rides in Thailand IMHO especially in the rainy season. Very moody. Kick back with a few changs and watch the scenery roll by.

It wasn't so long ago that the army would stop each bus on 317 and ride along the section where it ran close to the Cambodian border to protect against possible attack.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum but have been living near Aranyaphrathet for the last five years. I work offshore so I'm home every 3 weeks for 21 days. There are several farang in the area coming and going. I go to Sakeo for a round of golf about twice a week and Soi Dao once in a while. If anyone would like to join me in a round for a laugh at my wayward shot contact me or we could meet up for a beer. :o

Cheers,

Peter

http://www.karamanosfamily.com

The link to the palm garden restaurant failed, but I found this near Prachin Buri. Is it the same one?

http://www.palmgalo.com/english/surroundin...rroundings.html

No, it's not. This place is right near where I live, off highway 33 that runs between Nakorn Nayok and Aranyaprathet. It's a small resort closeto Khao Yai and the restaurant is typical Thai fare. The place the post had referred to is I think off the road that runs from Sakeo to Chantaburi.

• 3 weeks later...

Do not live in Sakaew , but do live very close in Aranyaprathet or actually about 10k out of town. There are several farang's out this way around 15 or so but I beleive I am the only one with a little blond wife from Seattle. Have a great Thai day.

• 1 month later...
Do not live in Sakaew , but do live very close in Aranyaprathet or actually about 10k out of town. There are several farang's out this way around 15 or so but I beleive I am the only one with a little blond wife from Seattle. Have a great Thai day.
  • 2 weeks later...
I agree...uncanny resemblance, especially with the girl on the left...

And all of them are precious-looking... :o

I agree, they are all precious. And, of course, we're also proud of those in our ever-growing family. :D

• 4 weeks later...
I live in Sa Kaeo and was wondering if anyone else lives here too.

HI RICHARD

GOT YOUR LINK FROM AMERITHAI

IM AN ENGLISH GUY WHO JUST MET A THAI LADY AND I CANT GET BACK TO THERE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

WE GOT PHONE NUMBERS,WE GOT EMAIL-JUST AND ADDRESS WHERE SHE WORKS

SHE GAVE ME HER HOME ADDRESS BUT ITS WRTTEN IN ENGLISH BY A THAI WHO DOESNT SPEAK ENGLISH SO ITS GIVING ME PROBS

YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA SO I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME RATIONALISING THE INFO JUST IN CASE OTHER LINKS COLLAPSE AND I HAVE TO TRY FIND HER

ADDRESS:-

NUMBER M NUMBER

NONGMUNG

COKSUNG

SAKEW PRETTY SURE ITS SA KAEO BECAUSE WE DREW A LITTLE MAP

IVE LOOKED ON THE MAP AND CANT LOCATE ALTHOUGH I CAN PURSUE IN LOCAL LIBRARY IN MORE DETAIL

I CAN GET THE THAI CONSUL TO HELP

YOU ARE MY FIRST HOPE

CAN YOU RELATE THIS INFO TO PLACES IN THE LOCALE?

ONCE I GET IT RIGHT IN ENGLISH I CAN GET IT TRANSLATED

THEN IVE GOT A CHANCE

CAN YOU HELP?

JIM

I live in Sa Kaeo and was wondering if anyone else lives here too.

HI RICHARD

GOT YOUR LINK FROM AMERITHAI

IM AN ENGLISH GUY WHO JUST MET A THAI LADY AND I CANT GET BACK TO THERE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

WE GOT PHONE NUMBERS,WE GOT EMAIL-JUST AND ADDRESS WHERE SHE WORKS

SHE GAVE ME HER HOME ADDRESS BUT ITS WRTTEN IN ENGLISH BY A THAI WHO DOESNT SPEAK ENGLISH SO ITS GIVING ME PROBS

YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA SO I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME RATIONALISING THE INFO JUST IN CASE OTHER LINKS COLLAPSE AND I HAVE TO TRY FIND HER

ADDRESS:-

NUMBER M NUMBER

NONGMUNG

COKSUNG

SAKEW PRETTY SURE ITS SA KAEO BECAUSE WE DREW A LITTLE MAP

IVE LOOKED ON THE MAP AND CANT LOCATE ALTHOUGH I CAN PURSUE IN LOCAL LIBRARY IN MORE DETAIL

I CAN GET THE THAI CONSUL TO HELP

YOU ARE MY FIRST HOPE

CAN YOU RELATE THIS INFO TO PLACES IN THE LOCALE?

ONCE I GET IT RIGHT IN ENGLISH I CAN GET IT TRANSLATED

THEN IVE GOT A CHANCE

CAN YOU HELP?

JIM

Hi Jim,

I moved from Sa Kaeo last November. My wife got pregnant and wanted to have the baby in her village. We lived in Phayao after that for 6 months. I got bored and moved my little family to Chiang Mai in May. I am thinking of going to school up here at an international college next year.

I do miss Sa Kaeo very much and plan on visiting with my family next month to show off our baby.

If possible, can you send me the address in Thai. I can translate it better. There are many villages in Sa Kaeo along the border and I know I don't know all of them. To narrow down the search the tambon will be needed.

The way they identify their village is muban (name of the village), tamboon (name of the district), jangwat (name of the province).

Richard

Hello Richard-

I have seen several of your post in the past but for some reason I didn’t realize that you live here in Sa Kaeo.

You would be very surprised to know that there are quite a few farangs around here.

I have lived here in the village of Nom Puk Tao for the last 4 years full time and the last 15 years part time prior to retiring early.

Nom Puk Tao is 23 kilometers west of Sa Kaeo on highway 33. As you go West from Sa Kaeo you would pass thru Sala Lam Duang and the Ban Kang and my village is 5 more kilos west.

I used to live in Los Angeles California (Simi Valley). We should get together some time for a chat.

Jim aka "Baron"of Sa Kaeo

Hello Richard-

I have seen several of your post in the past but for some reason I didn’t realize that you live here in Sa Kaeo.

You would be very surprised to know that there are quite a few farangs around here.

I have lived here in the village of Nom Puk Tao for the last 4 years full time and the last 15 years part time prior to retiring early.

Nom Puk Tao is 23 kilometers west of Sa Kaeo on highway 33. As you go West from Sa Kaeo you would pass thru Sala Lam Duang and the Ban Kang and my village is 5 more kilos west.

I used to live in Los Angeles California (Simi Valley). We should get together some time for a chat.

Jim aka "Baron"of Sa Kaeo

Hi Jim,

I was living in Sa Kaeo. Now I live in Chiang Mai.

I too was in the Los Angeles area before I came to Thailand. When I decided to come to Thailand, I went to the Thai Wat in the LA area for Thai language lessons. They told me about a charity they set up to help the children in King Amphur Wang Somboon. They asked me to help teach English to the farm kids. The people in Los Angeles donated money to support the charity/school in Sa Kaeo. I taught there for 18 months for free.

After a while, I noticed a lot of the money was not getting to the kids but to the family in Thailand of the Thai language instructor in Los Angeles. I noticed this because of many reasons.

One reason was the school was located on the Thai language teachers families land in Sa Kaeo. Part of their house wasn't finished and they told me that they had no money. Later that year, the husband bought a new truck and his wife went on a 3 month vacation to Japan.

Also the villagers told me things they family had done to get more money. For instance, the charity bought school uniforms for the small school in the village. The Thai family owning the land where the charity was located asked the teachers to sign a reciept that said the cost of the uniforms was 120,000 baht. When the auctual cost was 60,000 baht.

Then I learned the school was in the location it was to because the Thai government was buying up the land to make a dam in the area. The owners of the land (family of the Thai teacher in Los Angeles) would get a lot more money from the Thai government for the school when the government buys the land.

After a while, I noticed the trees some Thai's plant to harvest for money, were getting very tall. Myself and the other Thai's helping me with the school felt it was too dangerous for the children to make the trip to the school 2 km outside the village. So we moved the school. We were then informed the school would not be supported anymore.

We contined to teach for another 6 months before the children saw there was no more free money and most stopped comming.

My wife got pregnant and we moved to her village for 6 months. I wasn't happy there so we now live in Chaing Mai.

I will be visiting Sa Kaeo in October. Maybe we can all get together at the Palm Garden Restaurant outside of Wang Nam Yen. The owner is an excellent cook who has free Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner in the region every year for the farangs in the area.

Mark