Most Sought After Facility Or Amenity?

What do you consider to be the most important facility or amenity these days?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don’t know if the landlords of Bangkok or Thailand actually visit the forums of Thaivisa but it may be worth sending out a message to them on what ‘tops the lists’ of home hunters nowadays with regards to apartment facilities and amenities.

Years ago a gym was one of the most sought after amenities of many people if they could afford it. Even for those that never used the fitness centre, this was a top priority nonetheless. Maybe many are like me! Always going to start a fitness regime but somehow never getting round to it.

Nowadays it is becoming increasingly obvious that a top priority for a lot of people when searching for a new home is a direct phone line, mainly for the purpose of internet connection. Unfortunately this is not always easy to find on the lower priced apartments, but the demand seems to far outstrip the availability of this ever more popular room feature.

Anyway, let’s see what the poll results reveal here and if there is an obvious choice then I will repeat the same poll on the home page of Mr. Roomfinder at the end of the month so that the message can be seen clearly by all the landlords that visit the site……….for what that’s worth!

All the best.

Aitch

Gym [12.50%]

Pool [25.00%]

Minimart [12.50%]

Laundry ser. [12.50%]

Salon [0.00%]

Direct line [37.50%]

Cable TV [0.00%]

============================================

Yeap, Direct line was my first choice.

I guess the Gym should have been LOL.

Direct line with all the stuff available takes the place of cable.

Pool would be my second as well.

The other stuff, I be willing to go out and get it as needed...............DJM

Yeap, Direct line was my first choice.

Direct line with all the stuff available takes the place of cable. 

The other stuff, I be willing to go out and get it as needed...............DJM[/font]

It’s a good point. DJ. Many facilities can be found in nearby Sois so it’s not a major inconvenience if the buildings do not have some of these.

I guess a direct line for internet connection is a personal thing for those of us going online to work, and the cafe's can be a little impersonal at times.

I'm surprised to see the Pool doing better than the Gym though but I guess it's early day yet.

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

Must haves are aircon and hot water.

I think the air con is a must with most people rather than a option but I agree about the Hot water. Firstly, there's nothing like it to wash away the dirt and grime of the city and secondly the cold water can become bl*ody freezing in the winter months.

I didn't think cable TV was that important to me personally until I lost the connection last month! I can't believe how much I miss it so it's coming back soon!!!

Aitch

Tell someone in any respectable place (a city) that a direct phone line is an option...they'll just stare at you in disbelief.

Only if they come from affluent countries of course. In Thailand the 5 or 15 minute controlled cutoff is not that unusual on some of the mid range properties and it's almost common practice with most of the budget end places.

I'm sure the telecommunication system is even more primitive in many less developed or developing countries around the world! Some might even say it's nice to have the option which is increasingly the case here.

Aitch

Tell someone in any respectable place (a city) that a direct phone line is an option...they'll just stare at you in disbelief.

Only if they come from affluent countries of course. In Thailand the 5 or 15 minute controlled cutoff is not that unusual on some of the mid range properties and it's almost common practice with most of the budget end places.

I'm sure the telecommunication system is even more primitive in many less developed or developing countries around the world! Some might even say it's nice to have the option which is increasingly the case here.

Aitch

Sorry, where do your customers come from? Bangladesh or other "less affluent countries"?

The phone 10-15mins cut off is very common in the places where bar girls live.

No place above 8K per month would do it.

Buddy, you are selling a smoke and blowing the bubbles.

Aitch

Sorry, where do your customers come from? Bangladesh or other "less affluent countries"?

The phone 10-15mins cut off is very common in the places where bar girls live.

No place above 8K per month would do it.

Buddy, you are selling a smoke and blowing the bubbles.

Hmm! Customers. What customers? Make me sound like a real estate agent!

You'll find that there are a great deal of foreigners in Thailand that live in decent studios between the 5 to 10,000 THB/Mo. price range and many of these do not have a direct line. It wouldn't be such a sought after room facility if it were the norm. Of course i could be wrong!

I think you meant to say the phone 10-15mins cut off is very common in the places where many Thais live. Didn't you? By that i mean it's not only bar girls residing in the lower priced apartment buildings. Is it?

Aitch

Should not a good facility have all from the voting list?

Disbelief :o was my reaction when I read your post. :D

One example -

"Casa Royal", Asok road (close to Petchburi MRT), Studios for 8,500 - 12,000 baht, none of them have a direct phone line. And you'll have a hard time finding a vacant room there.

Edited by ~G~

~G~, true, but if it came to one property over another, I will take the direct line telephone as #1.

Gym --- Don't care, I walk most places now

Pool --- Very important

Laundry service -- Thats what the maid is for

Salon -- No way, I like to walk up Suk and choose someone nice to shave my head

Direct line -- With it comes ADSL internet etc

Cable TV -- Prefer Satellite, most Condo owners put on the "Paupers Pack" of Cable, but either Cable or Satellite feed is very important.