Pheu Thai Asks British Govt To Probe Abhisit's Nationality

webfact

Pheu Thai asks British govt to probe Abhisit's nationality

BANGKOK, 7 March 2011 (NNT) – The opposition Pheu Thai Party has asked the British government to investigate if Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has ever used any rights as a British citizen or not.

The request was contained in a letter submitted to British Prime Minister David Cameron on Monday by Pheu Thai Party Spokesperson Prompong Nopparit via the British embassy in Bangkok. Speaking upon his submission of the letter, Mr Prompong said his move was to find out whether Prime Minister Abhisit was trying to conceal his dual citizenship in order to protect his Thai premiership.

According to the letter, the British government is requested to answer if Prime Minister Abhisit has ever entered the UK without a visa, if the PM has ever claimed British nationality for studies at Eton College and at Oxford University, and if he had ever used any rights as a British citizen.

Mr Prompong stated that he decided to ask for clarifications since the prime minister mentioned in Parliament that he had never used any rights as a British citizen; however, the claim contradicted to the information he has that the prime minister used to take advantage as a British citizen for his studies.

The spokesperson voiced his concerns that the prime minister might lie to the public, and he might have some hidden benefits for holding the British citizenship. He said the prime minister might set a bad example for others.

Mr Prompong noted that usually an embassy official would come out to accept public petitions, but in his submission of the letter today, it was a security guard to take the issue. He was afraid that embassy officials might be lobbied, and that Pheu Thai’s petition might be submitted in vain.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-03-07 footer_n.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Prompong noted that usually an embassy official would come out to accept public petitions, but in his submission of the letter today, it was a security guard to take the issue. He was afraid that embassy officials might be lobbied, and that Pheu Thai's petition might be submitted in vain.

May be the Embassy doesn't see the submission by PTP spokesman Prompong as a 'public' petition, more like national politics they should stay far away from.

Rumour has it k. Prompong will go to Newcastle himself to investigate if the British Embassy doesn't co-operate. Would be good for a new comedy series on television "Prompong, P.I" :)

Edited by rubl

Mr Prompong noted that usually an embassy official would come out to accept public petitions, but in his submission of the letter today, it was a security guard to take the issue. He was afraid that embassy officials might be lobbied, and that Pheu Thai's petition might be submitted in vain.

May be the Embassy doesn't see the submission by PTP spokesman Prompong as a 'public' petition, more like national politics they should stay far away from.

Rumour has it k. Prompong will go to Newcastle himself to investigate if the British Embassy doesn't co-operate. Would be good for a new comedy series on television "Prompong, P.I" :)

That's if he c gets a visa. :lol:

jb1

The spokesperson voiced his concerns that the prime minister might lie to the public, and he might have some hidden benefits for holding the British citizenship. He said the prime minister might set a bad example for others.

Would it not be true to say that the 3 previous PM's have lied?

If so then they have set a very bad example for certain PTP polys particularly, but not exclusivly, one with the initial J.

This non event has long since run its course, but they dont seem to be able to work that out.

Not being able to find anything much else to attack the PM with must be very frustrating for PTP and their big boss.

It's simply unbelievable how much of amateurism, for the political fight, is in the lines of PTP!

Shooting blanks all the time.

Why not simply to make demand, to ask in Parliament for the information and copy of citizenship of PM? Easiest way.

In the other hand why PM don't cut all this by giving in press-conference such information with proof so to shut the mouth to PTP and same time to defeat them in public and make them as liars. What reason he has to don't do it so to cut it all?

With this amateurism in opposition, dems could rule next 3 life(i hope not)

hahahaha.... a security guard took Prompong's petition... :D

prompong.jpg017080797_252786810.jpg

Prompong to guard: "Wake up!... I have important business with the Ambassador"

This is the same British Embassy in Bangkok that they hurled abuse at and burned effigies of the British Prime Minister at when their Party Financier had his British visa canked.

som nom na.....

Edited by Buchholz

'Ms. PromPong'

just does not know his place....

fortunately for him.... if he were to petition to the Chinese....

he would more likely be spitted on unceremoniously by the red guards....

A misfit scum is a scum is a scum.... :blink:

He said the prime minister might set a bad example for others.

that's pretty rich coming from a red revolutionary on the payroll of a traitor.............

Yep, I'm with PTP on this no doubt - All foreigners are a bad example. I mean look at Thaksin a fine upstanding man who is 100% Thai who would never dream of ......oh hang on that's not right......<deleted>!!

Edited by Maestro
Corrected spelling of name.

What reason he has to don't do it so to cut it all?

Simple. All the time the opposition are flapping around like headless chickens with this pathetic load of nonsense, their purile censure debates and childish writs he just quietly gets on with ensuring he does get re-elected.

Honestly, the opposition are an insult to the people they purport to represent, they should be rounded up and charged with taking money under false pretenses.

The PTP is just grandstanding in preparation for the next parliamentary election. Surely they have somebody literate enough to read and understand the constitution and therefore know that having a second nationality and even having used it does not disqualify a Thai national from being Prime Minister.

The PTP is just grandstanding in preparation for the next parliamentary election. Surely they have somebody literate enough to read and understand the constitution and therefore know that having a second nationality and even having used it does not disqualify a Thai national from being Prime Minister.

Unless and until Apisit either affirms or denounces his ultimate intention in hanging on to dual citizenship....

many Thai would regard such silence from Apisit as a trait of a traitor.... or a two headed snake งูสองหัว.... at the very least....

In terms of specificities concerning Thai Constitution, neither does it state that a dual Thai national could become Thai PM....

Most rural Thai already regard their current PM Apisit a traitor.... to them.... accepting the British citizenship means denunciation of his Thai ancestry.... :o

Just want you to know.... rightly or wrongly.... B)

Unless and until Apisit either affirms or denounces his ultimate intention in hanging on to dual citizenship....

many Thai would regard such silence from Apisit as a trait of a traitor.... or a two headed snake งูสองหัว.... at the very least....

In terms of specificities concerning Thai Constitution, neither does it state that a dual Thai national could become Thai PM....

Most rural Thai already regard their current PM Apisit a traitor.... to them.... accepting the British citizenship means denunciation of his Thai ancestry.... :o

If he never had a British passport, there is no evidence that he was a dual national.

In terms of specificities concerning Thai Constitution, neither does it state that a dual Thai national could become Thai PM...

Have you read the constitution? It also does not state that persons with black hair or taller than 170 cm can become Thai MP. I gives a definitive list of requirements for candidates for Prime Minister and for members of the House of Representatives. Anything not in the list does not matter. This is how it works.

Edited by Puccini

In terms of specificities concerning Thai Constitution, neither does it state that a dual Thai national could become Thai PM...

Have you read the constitution? It also does not state that persons with black hair or taller than 170 cm can become Thai MP. I gives a definitive list of requirements for candidates for Prime Minister and for members of the House of Representatives. Anything not in the list does not matter. This is how it works.

But IN the documents, i've seen, I found for the political position of Councilor (so so and so jo in Thai) is precisely that nominate, candidate HAS to be Thai nationality(no any other).

I didn't look about the PM but it is logical, if Councilor must to be Thai-so more than sure is PM must to be.

Would the same rural folk regard Taksin as a traitor too for his duals citizenships which he bought. Or would they forget this point? Just wanted to know!

But IN the documents, i've seen, I found for the political position of Councilor (so so and so jo in Thai) is precisely that nominate, candidate HAS to be Thai nationality(no any other).

I didn't look about the PM but it is logical, if Councilor must to be Thai-so more than sure is PM must to be.

Is "(no any other)" your addition?

It says they have to have Thai nationality, but does it say anything about any other nationality?

name='rubl' timestamp='1299499432' post='4264931']

By putting in that caveat PTP are covering their bases and using it as the usual stunt to fool the masses, usually TV members as they have no say in Thai politics but it looks good in print.

AS 1 other poster posted about Abhisit proving he has not used his citizenship?? How??

"Oh look here I can't find a British passport" therefore I dont have one? My semester costs are less than VInh Ngo so I must be taking advantage of my Brit heritage"

Come off the grass. The sheep are hungry!

It sounds like the red shirts are taking a leaf from the " Where was Obama born" situation. I would suggest in the Obama situation, that if he wasn't in fact born in the U.S., the Republicans would have been all over that like flies on a cow patty.

<snip for brevity>

This is the same British Embassy in Bangkok that they hurled abuse at and burned effigies of the British Prime Minister at when their Party Financier had his British visa canked.

som nom na.....

Beat me to it ! :rolleyes:

<snip for brevity>

Perhaps PM-Abhisit should consider switching to PTP then, funded by a multiple-foreign-passport-holder, and full of snakes ? B)

Here would be a good place to start http://www.1911census.org.uk/censusdates.htm

then here http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Then here http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8942

Really all questions can be answered just sitting anywhere in the world at a computer. No need to go to Newcastle :lol: