Pheu Thai Asks British Govt To Probe Abhisit's Nationality

webfact

A person born in the uk prior to 1983, was a British citizen by birth, with an exception only for children of diplomats and enemy aliens. after 1983 the rules changed.

A child born outside the UK on or after 1 January 1983 automatically acquires British citizenship by descent if either parent is a British citizen, other than by descent at the time of the birth.

Before 1983, as a general rule British nationality could only be transmitted from the father through one generation only, and parents were required to be married.

i hope that helps

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What reason he has to don't do it so to cut it all?

Simple. All the time the opposition are flapping around like headless chickens with this pathetic load of nonsense, their purile censure debates and childish writs he just quietly gets on with ensuring he does get re-elected.

Honestly, the opposition are an insult to the people they purport to represent, they should be rounded up and charged with taking money under false pretenses.

Except, of course that he's not going to win the next election....if he was going to, he'd have called the election by now!

Even if he didn't have a British passport, he'd qualify for a Chinese passport - as would 99% of the ruling elite. so lots of options available, unlike for the average poor man.

[

Except, of course that he's not going to win the next election....if he was going to, he'd have called the election by now!

Even if he didn't have a British passport, he'd qualify for a Chinese passport - as would 99% of the ruling elite. so lots of options available, unlike for the average poor man.

LOL ...

There is a bit of faulty logic! He didn't call an early election because ..... he didn't call one. I don't expect ANYONE will get an outright win just like the last elections that delivered 3 different governments, 2 of them that "average poor man" Thaksin's proxy party!

The ruling elite=Chinese? Not like the poor people like Thaksin (or the majority of the red-shirt leadership and backing?)

You really need to start looking at regional political machines (bought by Thaksin in 2005, for the most part) and see exactly who they are. Then look at the mess we are in ... not exactly caused by the PAD was it? It was caused by Thaksin calling for early elections in an attempt to save himself and TRT. Those elections failed to install a government -- leaving an extra-constitutional caretaker government (not an elected one) that was tossed out by a coup.

There will be early elections (about 6 months earlier than required by law.) There would have been elections last year if the reds had actually wanted them. They didn't. They were relying on history that has proven no longer to be valid. (That by forcing Thai blood to flow on the streets of Bangkok the government would fall, they always had fallen in the past!) They just weren't counting on getting caught using Sae Daeng's "ronin" and having that documented by so many.

To think that TRT/PPP/PTP had the poor at heart is absolutely refuted by their performance.

Simple. All the time the opposition are flapping around like headless chickens with this pathetic load of nonsense, their purile censure debates and childish writs he just quietly gets on with ensuring he does get re-elected.

Honestly, the opposition are an insult to the people they purport to represent, they should be rounded up and charged with taking money under false pretenses.

This is moving a bit from the OP, but if posters here want that ...

Whether or not k. Abhisit will win the next general election has nothing at all to do with him calling one now. In lots of democratic countries the PM may call an early election when he feels like it (i.e. opportune). I don't know any situation where the PM called for early elections BECAUSE the opposition wanted them.

As for the starting to be boring part on Thai-Chinese, please remember there are also poor Thai-Chinese, not only Thai, Khmer, Mon, Malay, etc., etc. Also some rich Thai-Chinese, k. Thaksin comes to mind. Wondering what your point on this is though?

A Chinese pp is hard to obtain that you ever imagine.... ;)

Except, of course that he's not going to win the next election....

So, why has he announced that Parliament will be dissolved next month and why is he meeting with the EC this Friday?:whistling:

(I can't link to the BP here, but the Nation will probably report this eventually.)

A Chinese pp is hard to obtain that you ever imagine.... ;)

China used to consider anyone of indisputably Chinese origin a Chinese national and readily issued them passports up until the early 70s. It was actually under pressure from Southeast Asian countries, particularly Indonesia but including Thailand, that it introduced the requirement to have only one nationality into its nationality law. Southeast Asian countries were fearful of a communist Chinese fifth column in their countries, as had indeed been the case in the various insurgencies, particularly in Malaysia and Thailand but at the end of the Cultural Revolution China started to feel that developing commercial ties with Southeast Asia was more important than exporting revolution. Most of the restrictions on dual nationality in the Thai Nationality Act, mainly on Thais who got Thai nationality through birth in Thailand to alien parents are aimed at Chinese dual nationals. However, since the 70s it has not been possible to get Chinese nationality without close blood ties to Chinese from China, birth in China, or naturalization through long residence in China. It is also required to give up all other nationalities to hold Chinese nationality, although there are now huge communities of first generation Chinese emigrants in the West who illegally retain their Chinese nationality. Certainly no chance for Abhisit to get Chinese nationality based on his forefathers immigration from China over a century ago.

Edited by Arkady

since when was having dual passports. " setting a bad example" Some people are born more lucky than others. is that their fault. where does it state that everyone should be poor a not be able to have an easy life.

there is one simple answer Jelous ! Is any poor person round the world who hates rich people suddenly became rich over night. do u reckon they would litturly through their money away and start slagging themselves off in the mirror.

i doubt it.

as for having dual passports and using the passport to educate himself in the U.K. I have no problem with that. if someone had dual pasports then went on the social and got free money then saved it then went back to thailand to spend it. That would give me a problem.

As for using the freedome to educate yourself and push yourself up though hard work. There is nothing wrong with that. infact they should be awarded not crimialised. that is crazy !

since when was having dual passports. " setting a bad example" Some people are born more lucky than others. is that their fault. where does it state that everyone should be poor a not be able to have an easy life.

there is one simple answer Jelous ! Is any poor person round the world who hates rich people suddenly became rich over night. do u reckon they would litturly through their money away and start slagging themselves off in the mirror.

i doubt it.

as for having dual passports and using the passport to educate himself in the U.K. I have no problem with that. if someone had dual pasports then went on the social and got free money then saved it then went back to thailand to spend it. That would give me a problem.

As for using the freedome to educate yourself and push yourself up though hard work. There is nothing wrong with that. infact they should be awarded not crimialised. that is crazy !

You are 110% correct. Posters here need something to whinge and whine about. Education, ease of travel etc. All valid and also a right endowed by citizenship no matter how the citizenship is earned.

Exploiting the loopholes for money hand outs is a different thing but how many posters on this forum have been on social as "their right"!??

I would go for 3 passports but a certain core European country insists I need a sponsor as my mother was the citizen not my father.

And people complain about Thailand.