Iran slams military intervention in Libya

News_Editor

Iran slams military intervention in Libya

2011-03-08 23:49:20 GMT+7 (ICT)

TEHRAN (BNO NEWS) -- Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast denounced on Tuesday as "unacceptable" any foreign military intervention in Libya, Press TV reported.

Mehmanparast told reporters at his weekly press conference that certain countries, particularly the United States, have used "defending the rights of Libyan people" as a pretext for their "military intervention, occupation of the region and establishment of military bases."

He added that Iran strongly condemns the killings of innocent people and military options in any country, and called on all countries to help meet demands of the Libyan people. The spokesman further pointed out that the ongoing developments in Middle Eastern and North African countries were a "blow to the interests of certain Western countries and supporters of the Zionist regime."

"They are making great efforts to portray that events similar to what is currently taking place in North African and Middle Eastern states will also unravel in independent and influential countries in the region such as the Islamic Republic of Iran," the spokesman said.

"This is a huge deception in terms of political maneuvering and media ploys employed by Western countries that always claim to defend democracy and human rights," he stressed, as cited by Press TV.

Other countries, including Afghanistan, Russia and Saudi Arabia, have also warned against international military intervention. U.S. President Barack Obama said that his government was preparing a full range of options to respond to Libya's crisis, including coordinating with allies and partners as well as with multilateral institutions.

Meanwhile, forces loyal to Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi have launched more airstrikes on strategically important areas held by revolutionary forces.

Britain and France are stepping up their efforts to put in place a no-fly zone over Libya. A UN resolution is being drafted to be debated by NATO defense ministers on Thursday.

On Sunday, the European Union (EU) announced that EU High Representative Catherine Ashton sent a technical fact-finding mission to Libya to assess humanitarian and evacuation efforts on the ground to make an appraisal of what may be needed in terms of additional support. The mission is the first international mission of its kind to the country since the recent violence.

Since February 15, massive protests have demanded the resignation of Muammar Gaddafi, who has been in power for 42 years. According to international organizations, around 6,000 people have already been killed during the violence.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-08

Do the Iranian views hold for the soldiers from Chad, Niger and Zimbabawe currently acting on behalf of Gaddaffi?

Do you saw some of these mercenaries? Or is that some (propaganda) hoax? and all news 'sources' repeat it without actually doing an own investigation.

I saw some photos and slide shows about some poor legit worker from these countries who are now in danger for getting mistaken to be one of the paid killer gang. but that was all.

And its not really about some protesters and dissidents wanna get rid of an evil dictator and establish democracy. Its much more an fight between different clans to seize some resources and will probably end with Libya split into different countries. Balkanization in the desert.

In Afghanistan you would call these rebels 'insurgents' and don't hesitate to bomb them to ashes because you are the good guy with the best intention.

And the rebels in the East have really some hard core dudes among them who are up up some holy Sahara_stan. definitely not your friends and not interested in your build schools for a pipeline mission.

The Euro lefties, the kind that lionize Hugo Chavez, hold a secret flame for Gaddafi.

Iran's leaders are clearly worried about their OWN internal brewing revolution and whether the world will help their rebels when the time comes.

In an ideal world, I would like to see the Libyan rebels helped. They are asking for help. But we don't live in an ideal world, and most certainly, these days the US cannot do this alone, for both political and financial reasons.

Edited by Jingthing

I believe we definately should stay out of this one. Gaddafi definately must have his fair share of organice supporters.African mercenaries alone would not have protected him these last 4 weeks. This is not a revolution anymore. This is down right civil war, the country seems to be cracked right down the middle. Leave them to sort it out.

The Euro lefties, the kind that lionize Hugo Chavez, hold a secret flame for Gaddafi.

Iran's leaders are clearly worried about their OWN internal brewing revolution and whether the world will help their rebels when the time comes.

In an ideal world, I would like to see the Libyan rebels helped. They are asking for help. But we don't live in an ideal world, and most certainly, these days the US cannot do this alone, for both political and financial reasons.

Euro leftis, Chaves, Iran - you know them all, right? For sure you know also everything about Libya.

But about what do the rebels rebel at all? Did you notice that they said they don't want any foreign intervention?

No matter, repeat Afghanistan 1982 and met the driver of your old buddy Osama again.

This isn't an ideal a world, its an world full of retards and chances are good that you get what you beg for. More news about carpet bombings and atrocities of the 'nutcase' dictator. and repeats of the saga that he kills his 'own' people.

But there exist no libyan people. Libya is just a construct in the desert dated back to the colonial times.

Anyway because of news about ongoing brutallity you will get your no-fly zone and no-fly zone means troops and intervention and that means war.

Voila the ideal world retards wanna live in.

Do the Iranian views hold for the soldiers from Chad, Niger and Zimbabawe currently acting on behalf of Gaddaffi?

Do you saw some of these mercenaries? Or is that some (propaganda) hoax? and all news 'sources' repeat it without actually doing an own investigation.

I saw some photos and slide shows about some poor legit worker from these countries who are now in danger for getting mistaken to be one of the paid killer gang. but that was all.

And its not really about some protesters and dissidents wanna get rid of an evil dictator and establish democracy. Its much more an fight between different clans to seize some resources and will probably end with Libya split into different countries. Balkanization in the desert.

In Afghanistan you would call these rebels 'insurgents' and don't hesitate to bomb them to ashes because you are the good guy with the best intention.

And the rebels in the East have really some hard core dudes among them who are up up some holy Sahara_stan. definitely not your friends and not interested in your build schools for a pipeline mission.

No, I have not personally seen the mercenaries as Libya is not one of my desired travel destinations. However, I am relying on sources that are voicing similar views. let's have a look;

from al-arabiya http://www.alarabiya.../03/140004.html

436x328_1568_140004.jpg

from Reuters;

Libya's ambassador to India, who resigned following a crackdown on protests, told Reuters on Tuesday African mercenaries were being used by the authorities, prompting some army troops to switch sides to the opposition. "They are from Africa, and speak French and other languages Ali al-Essawi said in an interview, adding that he was receiving information from sources within the OPEC-member country"

from afrol News the independent African news agency;

The most valid evidence of the presence of "black African mercenaries" comes from the "liberated cities" of Banghazi and Al-Bayda, where tens of sub-Saharan Africans have been captured in combat and are held in detention. Their confiscated ID cards indicate the alleged mercenaries are mostly from neighbouring Niger and Chad, but also from Sudan and other sub-Saharan countries.

afrol provides these pictures;

liy_mercenary_doc3.jpgliy_mercenary_doc.jpg

from NPR

NPR's Lourdes Garcia Navarro tells NPR Newscasts she saw a small group of young pro-Gadhafi fighters were captured outside Libya's eastern city of Brega, which is controlled by rebels. She says the youngest boy was about 13 and said he was from Niger:They said they had been put on planes and given weapons to fight Libyan pro-democracy rebels. They said they had been promised money and that everything would be fine...and the (Brega) crowd here is extremely angry, there's a real sense of disgust.

I guess according to you these African nationals were just tourists that got lost, right?

No, I have not personally seen the mercenaries as Libya is not one of my desired travel destinations. However, I am relying on sources that are voicing similar views. let's have a look;

The most valid evidence of the presence of "black African mercenaries" comes from the "liberated cities" of Banghazi and Al-Bayda, where tens of sub-Saharan Africans have been captured in combat and are held in detention. Their confiscated ID cards indicate the alleged mercenaries are mostly from neighbouring Niger and Chad, but also from Sudan and other sub-Saharan countries.

sorry, i cannot repost pictures because i am cannot post entries that contain links. so i had to delete that part.

Anyway, one question is truth and fact finding your mission or propaganda or do simple just trying to win an argument?

I didn't assume that you are in Libya, i meant if you saw some pictorial evidence or video on a website or TV news.

I googled one of your quoted texts and it was an article that came up with similar question like i had

African mercenaries in Libya: Fact or racism?

afrol.com/articles/37443

That article mentioned also these normal worker who are at the risk to get mistaken for mercenaries. And what did you with the whole article, quoted only the part that fits your agenda. Boo!

The whole mercenaries story sounds still somewhat fishy. loved by some online news services and often repeated because it illustrate so perfect the saga that the crazy dictator kills his 'own' people.

There is currently an infowar going on, and everyone wants to land a scope, a SMS that was allegedly send from forename allegedly in city overthere becomes the key part of some news. If that is all true - who knows. If i look at some grainy photos of someone blurry in a sandy desert who knows what might that be and when it was taken.

Disinformation could be spread easily. everyone wants a story but not many reporters are on the ground.

Breaking news about the next step of the tent resident contradict each other every five minutes.

But i guess you stay above that, accurate news or not doesnt matter for you, you came already to your conclusion. agenda troll.

So Iran wants to preemptively condemn the US & Israel - should they intervene at some point in the future. Get yourself on the record. With zero evidence.

Ahmadinejad the lunatic spouting off on a crazed rant. Probably Israel will deal with you nutjob.

So the deathtoll is now estimated at 6,000 only another 11,000 needed to put Gadaffi in the same (Arab) league as Assad Snr of Syria. Still if Iran want the west to stay out I can think of only one reason for so doing and that's to save the bombs and bullets for toppling the Iranian regime as that will have to happen sooner or later.

sorry, i cannot repost pictures because i am cannot post entries that contain links. so i had to delete that part.

Anyway, one question is truth and fact finding your mission or propaganda or do simple just trying to win an argument?

I didn't assume that you are in Libya, i meant if you saw some pictorial evidence or video on a website or TV news.

I googled one of your quoted texts and it was an article that came up with similar question like i had

African mercenaries in Libya: Fact or racism?

afrol.com/articles/37443

That article mentioned also these normal worker who are at the risk to get mistaken for mercenaries. And what did you with the whole article, quoted only the part that fits your agenda. Boo!

The whole mercenaries story sounds still somewhat fishy. loved by some online news services and often repeated because it illustrate so perfect the saga that the crazy dictator kills his 'own' people.

There is currently an infowar going on, and everyone wants to land a scope, a SMS that was allegedly send from forename allegedly in city overthere becomes the key part of some news. If that is all true - who knows. If i look at some grainy photos of someone blurry in a sandy desert who knows what might that be and when it was taken.

Disinformation could be spread easily. everyone wants a story but not many reporters are on the ground.

Breaking news about the next step of the tent resident contradict each other every five minutes.

But i guess you stay above that, accurate news or not doesnt matter for you, you came already to your conclusion. agenda troll.

I wonder what these "Normal Workers" were doing for a living? Something that requires them to wear camoflage clothing (See photographs) :ph34r: ..... Oh that's right they were restaurant workers..... :whistling:

Better find a different source.... :blink:

There is evidence that there are mercenaries on the ground in Libya and there is evidence that the recruitment of these mercenaries was accomplished by an Israel based company called Global CST.

One of the Directors has the surname " Bernanke " :blink:

Is that a coincidence or what ? :o

There is evidence that there are mercenaries on the ground in Libya and there is evidence that the recruitment of these mercenaries was accomplished by an Israel based company called Global CST.

The anti-semitic regime of IRAN seems to think so. Prove it. If it's just a PRIVATE Israeli company that is bad but it's not the same thing as if this is a policy of the Israeli government.

http://english.irib.ir/news/political/item/71779-israel-provides-henchmen-for-gaddafi

Yes, this rumor is all over the internet. How about a credible western source, can you find it, especially this Iranian charge that "Tel Aviv" is behind it.

It stinks to high heaven of propaganda (especially the Tel Aviv part), but go ahead and provide a credible source.

Edited by Jingthing

What evidence? Source please and do hope it's not the same one as invented the Mossad shark or spy vulture.

The anti-semitic regime of IRAN seems to think so. Prove it. If it's just a PRIVATE Israeli company that is bad but it's not the same thing as if this is a policy of the Israeli government.

http://english.irib.ir/news/political/item/71779-israel-provides-henchmen-for-gaddafi

Yes, this rumor is all over the internet. How about a credible western source, can you find it, especially this Iranian charge that "Tel Aviv" is behind it.

Here is another one from Iran demonstrating how completely out to lunch they are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12604512

Does anyone really take anything the Iranian government say seriously? They're nuts. And their maniacal anti-Jewish obsession is so predictable its just boring.

The headline should read 'Iranian fruit cakes spout the usual rubbish and its a slow news day so we're reporting this as filler'.

It stinks to high heaven of propaganda (especially the Tel Aviv part), but go ahead and provide a credible source.

Well in that case why not interview your fellow country man Jingthing ?

" A journalist from Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot states that Tel Aviv has decided to recruit African mercenaries to fight against anti-government protesters in Libya."

Hope Yediot Ahronot doesnt end up like Mordechai Vanunu

and spending 18 years in jail for leaking this information ? :whistling:

Edited by midas

" A journalist from Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot states that Tel Aviv has decided to recruit African mercenaries to fight against anti-government protesters in Libya."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_TV

As I wrote, completely out to lunch & still as mad as hell that Israel f@@ked their nuclear enrichment centrifuges with the Stuxnet virus.

http://english.irib....men-for-gaddafi

Hahaha. That my friend is priceless.B)

My fellow countryman? <deleted>!

I'm American. I want Obama to HELP the rebels, not arm the government.

Anyway, Yediot Ahronot is an Israeli daily, not a person. If it is true that the Israeli government has approved this (it isn't entirely clear from that broadcast, but it suggests it by saying "Tel Aviv") then that should be strongly condemned.

Edited by Jingthing

My fellow countryman? <deleted>!

I'm American. I want Obama to HELP the rebels, not arm the government.

Anyway, Yediot Ahronot is an Israeli daily, not a person. If it is true that the Israeli government has approved this (it isn't entirely clear from that broadcast, but it suggests it by saying "Tel Aviv") then that should be strongly condemned.

PRESS TV = IRAN = LIE.