TSUNAMI WARNING ISSUED FOR JAPAN, RUSSIA AND OTHER REGIONS

webfact

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image-191010-panoV9-fqfe.jpg Only the shell of the building remains after the explosion.

Thats not a reactor containment building....they are not built of structural steel, they are meter's thick concrete.....looking at this looks more like a turbine hall

A turbine hall couldn't create that kind of explosion. The reactor hall is inside that building.

image-191010-panoV9-fqfe.jpg Only the shell of the building remains after the explosion.

Thats not a reactor containment building....they are not built of structural steel, they are meter's thick concrete.....looking at this looks more like a turbine hall

A turbine hall couldn't create that kind of explosion. The reactor hall is inside that building.

image-191008-galleryV9-qsxm.jpg it looked like this before

The building that NHK is pointing to is to the LEFT of the tall tower structure... Your photo above appears to be showing a building to the RIGHT of the tower...

That's right, I should have circled it. It was the best image I could find with a quick search.

Reuters:

Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology said the earth's axis had shifted 25 cm as a result of the quake and the U.S. Geological Survey said the main island of Japan had actually shifted 2.4 meters.

Reuters:

Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology said the earth's axis had shifted 25 cm as a result of the quake and the U.S. Geological Survey said the main island of Japan had actually shifted 2.4 meters.

Japan has moved by 8 feet

That's the point. The building at the far left, when looking from the inland out to sea direction, now no longer has walls, from the new photos.

Look at the before and after combo photos from NHK posted above.

I am not seeing a steel frame structure in these older pics like the one I see in the new picture

That's the point. The building at the far left, when looking from the inland out to sea direction, now no longer has walls, from the new photos.

Look at the before and after combo photos from NHK posted above.

I am not seeing a steel frame structure in these older pics like the one I see in the new picture

Yes I agree, the building has been reduced to a steel frame. and by the video, that was a significant explosion.

But Walt Patterson, of the London research institute Chatham House, said "this is starting to look a lot like Chernobyl".

He said it was too early to tell if the explosion's aftermath would result in the same extreme level of radioactive contamination that occurred at Chernobyl.

The explosion was most likely caused by melting fuel coming into contact with water, he told the BBC.

The building that NHK is pointing to is to the LEFT of the tall tower structure... Your photo above appears to be showing a building to the RIGHT of the tower...

That's right, I should have circled it. It was the best image I could find with a quick search.

Humbly stand corrected on an earlier post stating this plant is a PWR type reactor....its actually a BWR (boiling water reactor) which started operating in 1971.....:jap: ...On BWR's I have not direct experience only PWR's

Lastest report BBC states containment wall breached...

NHK reporting that evacuation area extended to 20 Km for both the Fukushima Daichi 1 and 2 nuclear plants.

Clearly from the BBC video, it's the same building as the wall-less one NHK is showing, at the far left of the group of structures, that goes up in the blast...Three screen caps in time series...

post-53787-0-94905700-1299924512_thumb.j

post-53787-0-97276200-1299924514_thumb.j

post-53787-0-00327400-1299924517_thumb.j

Edited by jfchandler

The IAEA demands urgent explaination from Japanese authorities.

I understand that the building that was peeled off completely is(was) the last protection skin. Lets hope that the explosion was not directly from the reactor but something in between the reactor and the skin that built up some gasses during the attempts to get more cooling water into the reactor, - something in that line.

Otherwise it will be a parking space for millions of years and probably a very big one.

Edited by elcent

Looking at it from the sea, it's the one on the right which is slightly offset from the other three. Defo a reactor building as where there were four, there's now three!

9376074-large.jpg

As previous, hopefully it's just the skin gone. Would have thought the steel frame would be vapourised if the core went meltdown, with all that heat.