Tourist Visa

Hi

I have a double entry tourist visa valid for 6 months. I had intended to stay for 2 months then get a 1 month extension, then do the same again to get the maximum 6 month stay. However, I now have to go abroad next month having only been here for 1 month.

Is it possible to get another entry permit added to my double entry visa, so I can still maximise my stay with my current visa to 6 months?

Thanks for you advice :)

You can get a re-entry permit on your current entry, but that owuld mean you have to return before your current permission to stay ends in one month.

If not, when you return you would still have one entry left of 60 days and an extension of 60 days. At the end of that you could try to get another tourist visa from a neighbouring country.

No, depending on your travel plans a re-entry permit may be of some use, single entry 1000 Baht, doesn't add any time but would keep the current permission to stay valid. Otherwise, just make the second entry and extension, then apply for another Tourist Visa in a neighboring country.

Edited by beechguy

No, depending on your travel plans a re-entry permit may be of some use, single entry 1000 Baht, doesn't add any time but would keep the current permission to stay valid. Otherwise, just make the second entry and extension, then apply for another Tourist Visa in a neighboring country.

Cheers for the replies. I think a re-enrty permit would do the trick as I'm only going for a couple of days, but it will be this Sunday. Can I get the re-entry permit at the airport?

Cheers for the replies. I think a re-enrty permit would do the trick as I'm only going for a couple of days, but it will be this Sunday. Can I get the re-entry permit at the airport?

I have seen recent reports that they seem to be available again, just make time in your schedule. Also. some have reported long lines at immigration when getting stamped out of the country.

When re-entering, be sure to enter your re-entry permit number on the TM6 Arrival Card.

Edited by beechguy

I have seen recent reports that they seem to be available again, just make time in your schedule. Also. some have reported long lines at immigration when getting stamped out of the country.

When re-entering, be sure to enter your re-entry permit number on the TM6 Arrival Card.

OK. Great. Thanks again for the info. :)