Thai Should Become World's Number One Airline

george

THAI should become world's number one airline

BANGKOK: The Minister of Transport said that the Ministry has provided a policy for Thai Airways International (THAI) to set up a new strategy.

The airline should become the world's number one airline again. There are 3 key points for Thai Airways to improve: income, production costs, and new opportunities.

The Ministry has also ordered Thai Airways to quickly set up their Low Cost Airline.

Thai Airways might not need any business allies for setting up a subsidiary company to run the low cost airline. After all the company has 43 years of experience, and it gets more privileges from the government, than any other airlines.

For example, Thai Airways can select its operational areas in the new Bangkok Airport before any other airlines.

Source: Public Relations Department & Hasekamp.net

In every one of the other 38 countries I have worked in, lived in, or visited, the "Flagcarrier" of that country possessed the best gates, most convenient departure and arrival areas, AND most importantly the best arrival and departure schedules.

From the U.S., many outsider airlines have the best arrival times (Eva, China, Cathay Pacific among others have mid morning or early afternoon arrivals while Thai Int'l have late evening arrivals normally.

I think some rethinging has to be done to assure that Thai has the best arrival/departure times, best gates, best lounges, but firstly, they have to spend some $$$ and get new equipment with modern perks (like in seat entertainment systems on ALL aircraft etc.) and they should restructure their fares to ALWAYS be competitive with whichever airlines are lowballing them in THEIR market.

Just my opinion, please don't pay much attention to it, I never do.

Ken Bower

San Antonio Texas

Ex Travel Agent

International fleet is old, they need to get rid of MD11 and 747 aircraft and replace with 777.

The domestic 737's are (from reliable source) are in a bad way and last March at one stage 1/2 the fleet was down.

Departure times are a pain from Oz or Melbourne specifically, leave after midnight arrive sparrow fart in the morning, you are stuffed for a day. The return trip depart Bangkok after midnight arrive midday (just after).

The inflight service suffers a bit once into the flight, I think the idea is to try and get everyone off to sleep for a few hours, thats ok for those that can sleep sitting up.

Singapore service is great, departure times are good and the aircraft are modern 777, they would have to at least match that standard for a start