Insurance

up-country_sinclair

i've just searched the chiang mai section of the board for 'insurance' and didn't come across anything for renter's insurance.

i'm going to be renting a house in a slightly isolated area, and would like some type of insurance that will cover my belongings in case of theft (or fire, i suppose). i'm only looking for 200 to 300 thousand baht of coverage.

can anybody recommend a good agent or agency?

thanks. :o

Try searching this forum:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showforum=59

Found this there:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=0entry480199

Dutch posted:

"Bangkok Insurance Public Company Ltd.( the one with the blue bird logo)

They insured my house and its contents full.The most complete AND cheapest offer of 4 companies that I selected."

• 4 weeks later...

We used AIG for personal property insurance. If I remember correctly, I think they only went to 100,000 baht. They usually get this guy to come talk with us. He is very good, but we're not in CNX now so I don't have the information. We've also switched our car insurance to AIG since we could not even try to talk to the car dealer's insurance people. However, we've never had a claim.

The AIG office is, I think, on the North part of the moat. I think.. from Central Airport Plaza to the moat, then make a right. Pass a gas station on your left and start looking to your right (across the street) and there should be an AIG office. Sorry, we are not in CNX now and I can't get to the information.