Ao Nam Mao Pier To Railay East?

traveltim

Sorry for such a simple question-

how late do the longtail boats run from Ao Nam Mao pier to Railay EAST?

If I arrive in Krabi town by bus around 5pm, is this too late?

Also, how early in the morning do they leave from Railay EAST to Ao Nam Mao pier?

Any trouble making a 10am flight out of Krabi airport?

This would be in low season, mid-May.

Thanks in advance for your input.

The best option is to reach Aonang (5mins from Ao nammao) you will have more chance to get a longtail boat there (more touristy)!

In Ao nammao, you can wait for a while(... hours) before the driver decide to drive you there and overcharge you if there s not enough passengers (low season = not many tourists)!

For the way back , from Railey to Ao nammao or Aonang, it's the same process, not many boats and if you catch one, they ll need at least 6 to 8 peoples before leaving the beach or... you pay ll the difference which is around 600 bahts if you deal correctly :(

Or ... arrange a departure early in the morning, with a longtail boat the day before... if the guy is ... how can i say... correct, he ll bring you to the port of your choice, book a cab too for the airport (300/400 bahts during the low season ;))

Good luck !

Ao Nammao Pier should not be a problem assuming you want to go between 17.00 and 18.00. Actually this is the best time of the day as many Railay hotel staff are using longtail boats to get back to their homes. I picked up my girlfriend who worked in a Railay hotel in the past from Ao Nammao Pier almost every day. At least 30 to 40 longtail boats arrive during this hour, not all but many going back to Railay too. Going rate for a joiner is 40 Baht. You surely get across for that amount or throw in a few extra Baht and make a new friend in the process. Enjoy Railay!