Indonesia supports Palestine's push for independence

News_Editor

Indonesia supports Palestine's push for independence

2011-03-16 08:35:05 GMT+7 (ICT)

JAKARTA, INDONESIA (BNO NEWS) -- The Indonesian ambassador to Jordan and Palestine on Tuesday said that Indonesia supports Palestine's move to declare independence later this year, Antara news agency reported.

Ambassador Zainulbahar Noor said Indonesia 'fully supports' the move, making reference to Indonesia's constitution, which states that independence is the right of every nation, as the Palestinian government plans to declare the country's independence later in the summer.

In addition, Noor underlined that it would be an important step towards a more peaceful world.

According to the Palestinian diplomatic mission at the United Nations, 104 countries recognize a Palestinian state, while 150 nations currently hold some form of diplomatic relations with Palestine.

Last year, several Latin American countries acknowledged Palestine as a state, including Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, joining Costa Rica, Cuba, Nicaragua and Venezuela, which had previously done so.

Meanwhile, Palestinian negotiator Nabil Shaath, who recently visited Paris, said France has promised to recognize Palestine as a state in September, as it is currently leading an initiative in the European Union to do the same to accelerate the peace process.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-16

http://en.wikipedia....itions_only.png

That map tells it all! It is also the map of something else.

Tiger

Looks like a map where basic freedoms are not respected and where corruption rules.

Once we're on the subject of Indonesia and its recognition of new nations, what happened in Timor?

Basic freedoms? What might this definition contain...??

http://en.wikipedia....itions_only.png

That map tells it all! It is also the map of something else.

Tiger

Looks like a map where basic freedoms are not respected and where corruption rules.

Once we're on the subject of Indonesia and its recognition of new nations, what happened in Timor?

Indeed what did happen in Timor where Indonesia invaded and presided over a proportionally greater genocide than happened in Cambodia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_occupation_of_East_Timor

P.S The OT post mentions the French intending to recognise Palestine in September which they have subsequently explicitly denied.

I never thought I would see the day when I would praise Indonesia. But here it goes..

Well done Indonesia. Another country on board for the recognition of Palestinian independence.

I never thought I would see the day when I would praise Indonesia. But here it goes..

Well done Indonesia. Another country on board for the recognition of Palestinian independence.

LMAO

:jerk:

Edited by coma