Colder Weather In Thailand Is Caused By Global Warming

webfact

Colder weather in Thailand is caused by global warming

Weather Department on Thursday said that the global warming is the major cause of dropping of temperature in Thailand.

Department's Deputy Director General Somchai Baimuang said that the cold weather is likely to continue until tomorrow.

Temperature on Thursday has dropped across the country, with that in Bangkok dropped to 19 Celcius and that in northern province of Loei went down to 6.12 Celcius.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-17

related link: http://weather.thaivisa.com/

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A major debate is raging across the developed world as to whether global warming (man-made or not) is a reality or not. But luckily someone at the weather centre in Thailand has the definitive answer.

Amusing Thailand.

Global warming causes cold weather?

Did the onset of the Ice Age signal rising warmer temperatures?

Does rain cause things to get wet?

Is snow really cold to the touch or does it just feel that way?

Is the sun really yellow or does it just seem that way because people haven't stared at it long enough?

Global warming causes cold weather?

Did the onset of the Ice Age signal rising warmer temperatures?

Does rain cause things to get wet?

Is snow really cold to the touch or does it just feel that way?

Is the sun really yellow or does it just seem that way because people haven't stared at it long enough?

why is orange jam called marmalade?

At least the drop in temp should mean less CO2 being emitted as the demand for electicity for Air Con units dips.

As for the comments in the OP - Any evidence or are you comments just sound bites pulled from your arse??

The whole issue isn't so much about 'Global Warming' these days.

They changed the goal posts a few years ago to 'Climate Change' as they realised that maybe 'Global Warming' tied their hands a little too much

The truth is that while Mankind may or may not have contributed to 'Climate Change' weather patterns have shifted throughout history.

I'd like to know what the lowest recorded temperature for Bangkok in March is though.

The whole issue isn't so much about 'Global Warming' these days.

They changed the goal posts a few years ago to 'Climate Change' as they realised that maybe 'Global Warming' tied their hands a little too much

The truth is that while Mankind may or may not have contributed to 'Climate Change' weather patterns have shifted throughout history.

I'd like to know what the lowest recorded temperature for Bangkok in March is though.

Don't have info for that... but

Weather in Bangkok in March

24 = Average Minimum Temperatures in Bangkok, Thailand (°C)

33 = Average Maximum Temperature in Bangkok, Thailand (°C)

29 = Bangkok Average Temperature (°C)

34 = Average Precipitation/ Rainfall (mm)

77 = Relative Humidity (%)

00 = Average Number of Days with Frost

http://www.climatetemp.info/thailand/bangkok.html

Don't have info for that... but

Weather in Bangkok in March

24 = Average Minimum Temperatures in Bangkok, Thailand (°C)

33 = Average Maximum Temperature in Bangkok, Thailand (°C)

29 = Bangkok Average Temperature (°C)

34 = Average Precipitation/ Rainfall (mm)

77 = Relative Humidity (%)

00 = Average Number of Days with Frost

http://www.climatetemp.info/thailand/bangkok.html

Interesting. Another site said the record low in Bangkok for March is 57F (14C), we got pretty close to that last night. Can't find the record for the lowest high temperature, I wonder how close we are today

Edited by DP25

Brought back out the blankets and heaters last night. We have SNOW in the foothills around Chiang Mai.

Yes Chiangmai is quite cold at the moment. In 5 yrs I have NEVER worn a jumper but for the last 2 days I haven't taken one off and I am een wearing socks and long pants. Feels about 12 degs and reminds me of winter in Melbourne. Thank god for global warming or it would be even colder.

Brought back out the blankets and heaters last night. We have SNOW in the foothills around Chiang Mai.

Yes Chiangmai is quite cold at the moment. In 5 yrs I have NEVER worn a jumper but for the last 2 days I haven't taken one off and I am een wearing socks and long pants. Feels about 12 degs and reminds me of winter in Melbourne. Thank god for global warming or it would be even colder.

No, according to the "experts", if it wasn't for global warming it would be warmer. :crazy:

Chilly enough here in Ban Phe (Rayong province) that I dug out socks. Haven't worn them since I returned from Canada last September! angry.gif

:cheesy:

LOL @ the notion of socks prompting an :angry: emoticon.

I same, same.

Here in NaJomtien, wifey broke down and put socks on...but I refuse!!!!!

No windows open. She has a sweat-suit on. Unreal.

A major debate is raging across the developed world as to whether global warming (man-made or not) is a reality or not. But luckily someone at the weather centre in Thailand has the definitive answer.

Amusing Thailand.

There is no major debate about climate change. It is an accepted scientific fact.

Some businesses and political interest groups are trying to produce a debate for their own benefit, but almost all scientific evidence shows that we are changing the earth's climate by releasing large amounts of carbon into the atmosphere.

Amusing Thailand.

There is no major debate about climate change. It is an accepted scientific fact.

Some businesses and political interest groups are trying to produce a debate for their own benefit, but almost all scientific evidence shows that we are changing the earth's climate by releasing large amounts of carbon into the atmosphere.

It might be scientific fact that there is climate change, but there is still a huge amount of debate as to whether it is, or how much of it is, caused by man.

Amusing Thailand.

Carbon into the atmosphere, combined with unprecedented population growth, clear cutting of forests, diversion of natural water flows, etc....somethings gotta give somewhere?

Temperature recorded at 3.4 degrees Celsius on Doi Inthanon in Chiang Mai; Pattaya locals see waves as high as 1-2 m leading to tsunami fear /TAN_Network

Really, seriously, how can anyone be worried about a tsunami when there are waves caused by the weather? Particularly in Pattaya!!