Colder Weather In Thailand Is Caused By Global Warming

webfact

Global warming causes cold weather?

Did the onset of the Ice Age signal rising warmer temperatures?

Does rain cause things to get wet?

Is snow really cold to the touch or does it just feel that way?

Is the sun really yellow or does it just seem that way because people haven't stared at it long enough?

"Global warming" means whatever "I" says it means.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A major debate is raging across the developed world as to whether global warming (man-made or not) is a reality or not. But luckily someone at the weather centre in Thailand has the definitive answer.

Amusing Thailand.

yeah! blame it on DEVELOPING WORLD.

Let me tell you this, the person came from DEVELOPED WORLD and now living in UNDERDEVELOPED for some reasons, almost ALL environmental critics from around the world will be quickly point their fingures to the global warming when something bad happened. I know that the former vice-president Al Gore was the very first person who told the world that the earth was warming up. Where did he come from again?

Ignorance is Strength

Freedom is Slavery

Cooling is caused by Warming

The beauty of the whole AGW 'theory' is that whatever happens to the weather, WHATEVER, it supports the theory. If temps go up then clearly its global warming, if they go down then that too is global warming, if it rains more it is global warming, or if it rains less, or if its windier or ANYTHING.

The FACT of global warming has never been under debate by most of the conservative right and pro-business groups. I know. I am one of them.

The current warming trend has never been in debate by geologists. It's called the Holocene interglacial, and it's been around for more than 10,000 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interglacial

Edited by goatfarmer

There is no major debate about climate change. It is an accepted scientific fact.

"When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities." — David Hume.

Indeed. "Those who know, do not speak. Those who speak, do not know" - Lao Tsu

Those that can, DO

Those that can't, TEACH -anonymous

It is amazing how quiet the anthropogenic warming crowd is these days. A few years ago they would have been all over a thread like this mocking anyone that questioned the belief in man made warming. And having really bad debating skills too.

Edited by canuckamuck

The whole issue isn't so much about 'Global Warming' these days.

They changed the goal posts a few years ago to 'Climate Change' as they realised that maybe 'Global Warming' tied their hands a little too much

The truth is that while Mankind may or may not have contributed to 'Climate Change' weather patterns have shifted throughout history.

I'd like to know what the lowest recorded temperature for Bangkok in March is though.

If you cast your memory back quite a few years before global warming it was the whole in the ozone layer that was going to destroy mankind, funny how they dont talk about that anymore?

:coffee1: Smarter people blew "holes" in that theory. It, also, didnt make enough money for the theorists. They will make a lot more with the current theory until enough smarter people convince the majority that there are holes in this one too.

TAX TAX TAX TAX

cut and paste from another site = dont shoot me I am only the messenger!!!

Are you sitting down?

Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet – all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress – it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans, and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs (most pollution as they contain a LOT of mercury and dont get disposed of properly) ...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year – think about it.

Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus “human-caused” climate change scenario.

Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention “Global Warming” any more, but just “Climate Change” - you know why? It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme – that whopping new tax – imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.

But hey, relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!

PS: I wonder if Iceland is buying carbon offsets?

If Australia lowered its carbon emissions 5% it would effect the planets temp 0.0001% however this would be offset by other developing countries growing ie China coal burning for energy.

Dont be fooled folks - its all about another tax that will effect every single thing you buy or use!

Plus Al Gore didnt win the Presidential election however went on to become a multi billionaire touting the global warming fear

A major debate is raging across the developed world as to whether global warming (man-made or not) is a reality or not. But luckily someone at the weather centre in Thailand has the definitive answer.

Amusing Thailand.

yeah! blame it on DEVELOPING WORLD.

Let me tell you this, the person came from DEVELOPED WORLD and now living in UNDERDEVELOPED for some reasons, almost ALL environmental critics from around the world will be quickly point their fingures to the global warming when something bad happened. I know that the former vice-president Al Gore was the very first person who told the world that the earth was warming up. Where did he come from again?

good question. As far as how smart US presidents and vice presidents go, thru out US history, before, during, and after office in the White House, Gore was never considered a sharp knife in the drawer. Some even called him the butter spreader. Now he in his financial / power trip, and more popular than at any time before. He is on track to becoming one of the richest men in the world, if no one puts the brakes on his agenda.

Is the sun really yellow or does it just seem that way because people haven't stared at it long enough?

why is orange jam called marmalade?

555555555555...you sound like "ralph" thx for my morning laugh...

No, it was the global risng of temperatures that caused the ice age. The temperatures raised dramatically over a hundred year period after the Nethanderals - poulation 18,656, discovered fire.

Edited by happyrobert

Get to wear Oakland Raiders jersey, jeans, Man U jacket, Reeboks. Great!

Warming can cause cooling. Saw what might happen with pole ice melting: stop gulf stream due to dilution of salt water by fresh. North Europe start to look like Siberia. An End to Barclay's English Premier League as we know it. hard to play in 3' of snow. That ought to lead to some action on climate change!

TAX TAX TAX TAX

Are you sitting down?

Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet – all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress – it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans, and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs (most pollution as they contain a LOT of mercury and dont get disposed of properly) ...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year – think about it.

Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus "human-caused" climate change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention "Global Warming" any more, but just "Climate Change" - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme – that whopping new tax – imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

If Australia lowered its carbon emissions 5% it would effect the planets temp 0.0001% however this would be offset by other developing countries growing ie China coal burning for energy.

Dont be fooled folks - its all about another tax that will effect every single thing you buy or use!

Plus Al Gore didnt win the Presidential election however went on to become a multi billionaire touting the global warming fear

:clap2: that about covers it all, Blackjack. You're one of the sharper knives in the TV drawer.

most historians believe the term came from the Portuguese marmelo for quince, from which original marmelada was made. Marmalade first appears in English print in 1524. By the 18th century, the Seville orange (a bitter variety) had replaced the quince in marmalade popularity.

Temperature recorded at 3.4 degrees Celsius on Doi Inthanon in Chiang Mai; Pattaya locals see waves as high as 1-2 m leading to tsunami fear /TAN_Network

Really, seriously, how can anyone be worried about a tsunami when there are waves caused by the weather? Particularly in Pattaya!!

They're Thais. Not exactly famed for their general knowledge.

If you really want to know, Scotlands Queen Mary, the one who got her head chopped off, had a very bad cold, they brought her oranges from Seville in Spain and chopped them up and made it into a thick orange stew, this was for .. Marys Malady .. which over the years changed to Mar-malade, it sure caught on.. and still full of vitamin C... Bring in the toast....

Wrong, nothing more than a myth. See my other post for correct answer.

Temperature recorded at 3.4 degrees Celsius on Doi Inthanon in Chiang Mai; Pattaya locals see waves as high as 1-2 m leading to tsunami fear /TAN_Network

Really, seriously, how can anyone be worried about a tsunami when there are waves caused by the weather? Particularly in Pattaya!!

Yes, but what culture is?

There is no significant debate within the scientific/meteorologcal community as to the reality of global warming - 99%+ of scientists accept the evidence.

The spokesman was speaking from well within the bounds of the accepted mainstream science.

Amusing Thailand.

Yes, but what culture is?

Fair point. I'll rephrase that. The education system doesn't encourage students, who then become adults, to search out information that will broaden their knowledge base.

Brought back out the blankets and heaters last night. We have SNOW in the foothills around Chiang Mai.

Yes Chiangmai is quite cold at the moment. In 5 yrs I have NEVER worn a jumper but for the last 2 days I haven't taken one off and I am een wearing socks and long pants. Feels about 12 degs and reminds me of winter in Melbourne. Thank god for global warming or it would be even colder.

Likewise soft G. For only the second time in 5 years I have brought out the Ugg Boots ! - but the buggers won't fit anymore. Is there really snow in the foothills ?

Brought back out the blankets and heaters last night. We have SNOW in the foothills around Chiang Mai.

Yes Chiangmai is quite cold at the moment. In 5 yrs I have NEVER worn a jumper but for the last 2 days I haven't taken one off and I am een wearing socks and long pants. Feels about 12 degs and reminds me of winter in Melbourne. Thank god for global warming or it would be even colder.

Likewise soft G. For only the second time in 5 years I have brought out the Ugg Boots ! - but the buggers won't fit anymore. Is there really snow in the foothills ?

Regarding the global warming: In Saudi it is 19 deg celcius this afternoon which is cooler than normal. This is a trend over the last few years while the summers are getting hotter at the same time. Back home in the states we had a white christmas for the first time in over 40 years.

TAX TAX TAX TAX

Are you sitting down?

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress – it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans, and all animal life.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus "human-caused" climate change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention "Global Warming" any more, but just "Climate Change" - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme – that whopping new tax – imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

:clap2: that about covers it all, Blackjack. You're one of the sharper knives in the TV drawer.

dam_n LETS JUST GET PEOPLE TO STOP PULLUTING THE WATERWAYS SO i CAN CATCH SOME FISH :)

Regarding the global warming: In Saudi it is 19 deg celcius this afternoon which is cooler than normal. This is a trend over the last few years while the summers are getting hotter at the same time. Back home in the states we had a white christmas for the first time in over 40 years.

******** BULLSHIT IT WAS THE GUY WHO SERVICED HIS AIRCONDITIONERS ******