Number Of Young Thai Children Abandoned By Parents Has Increased

webfact

But many "Chai Dee Farlangs" will come and marry them, plus taking care their kids. That's what a Thai man would never do. What sort of employment can an Isan girl expect in Bangkok, Pattaya, or elsewhere?:jap:

I think I know what you are Implying. But foresure there is plenty of good honest employment, For Issan women/girls also men/boys :ermm:

jb1

Sex industry................................................... is easier to earn the living for unskilled charlies....................

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But many "Chai Dee Farlangs" will come and marry them, plus taking care their kids. That's what a Thai man would never do. What sort of employment can an Isan girl expect in Bangkok, Pattaya, or elsewhere?:jap:

I think I know what you are Implying. But foresure there is plenty of good honest employment, For Issan women/girls also men/boys :ermm:

jb1

Of course there are some "honest" jobs,

but what about the "work one eat four" - problem? Most of the so called "honest" Jobs don't pay enough for a lady who has to support her family in a financial way. And what about the education system (see another thread). theres much waste of time, the quality isn't very good and there's almost no support by the grandparents.

No chance for a girl to get away from this.

6/10 is almost 50% livin' with the parents. it's pretty low indeed... I can see some of the issues here. People in BKK have nearly everything like other developed countries have. The development is more concentrated in BKK. Sky walk, Hi-so department stores and skyscrapers are the fact. To earn enough for the living in other rural areas is almost impossible. That's why they have to desert their children. dam*n Poor! Decentralized many things and build enough infrastructures out side of BKK can be good idea. Additionally, education here is suck. Is there any good reason that educating people is bad for the country? For communism only to think that educating people too much is to put them in danger. Otherwise, they grow up then enter into the sex industry. Pattaya is a <deleted>*kin' filthy city that's full of gays and hookers

Everything you said is near spot on, including Pattaya, being not so clean, Pattaya is what it is and always will be you either like it or loathe it. Also you surprise me HOOKERS IN PATTAYA, amazing I,ll have to go to see if it's true 55555555555555 Ha.

This bit is distasteful----Full of GAYS, i'ts got it's % I suppose BUT WHAT is wrong with that, You homophobic ????? who knows what you are--or what lifestyle you lead ??..............If this minority is not hurting you, why open your GOB. mind your business, and get on with your life. I mix with all types in this country--and you can take it from me you dont normally get the drunken beer swillers and fights in their company. If this is their lifestyle so be it.

Western female propaganda states "The only suitable person to look after a child is it's mother"

This is complete rubbish as bringing up children is actually fairly easy.

A father or and other family member is equally suitable.

But that really doesn't suit the agenda of many western women who want to have children without the responsibility of paying for their upbringing.

Feminism is all about paying your own way without needing help from any man, financial or otherwise.

Thai women are the ultimate feminists, they don't require the charity of a man to raise their children.

I know of many Thai children being raised very well by relatives, aunts, uncles, grandparents.

This situation is more about the state of village schools.

No children brought up in the villages have any opportunity of a decent education.

Better off removing all children from villages than to winge on about bad fathers.

Just my opinion, not every village has inferior schools, just most of them.

6/10 is almost 50% livin' with the parents. it's pretty low indeed... I can see some of the issues here. People in BKK have nearly everything like other developed countries have. The development is more concentrated in BKK. Sky walk, Hi-so department stores and skyscrapers are the fact. To earn enough for the living in other rural areas is almost impossible. That's why they have to desert their children. dam*n Poor! Decentralized many things and build enough infrastructures out side of BKK can be good idea. Additionally, education here is suck. Is there any good reason that educating people is bad for the country? For communism only to think that educating people too much is to put them in danger. Otherwise, they grow up then enter into the sex industry. Pattaya is a <deleted>*kin' filthy city that's full of gays and hookers

Why would you post such nonsense. Pattaya has some of the best and most affordable health care in Thailand. It has great restaurants and far cleaner air than Bangkok or Chiang Mai. It is obvious you are homophobic so I won't deal with that issue. 99% of the prostitutes in Thailand are outside of Pattaya and 95% of those prostitutes only cater to Thai men and women. You are misguided.

Pattaya brings in a significant amount of money to Thailand both in tax dollars and income that is crucial for driving the Thai economy.

I wonder if too many are looking at this through the eyes of their own upbringing and culture. It is not unusual in other parts of the world for parents to work away from home and send money back. When living in RSA we had a wonderful Zulu maid who had borne three children. In talking to her she said that that no man would consider her as a suitable wife until she had proved that she was fertile. She was of the opinion that the children did not suffer as they had 'many fathers'. It seemed that her children were part of a family pool that everybody looked after and all the children were treated equally. I think the native Indians in the US had a similar system.

My brother in law's wife left him with their two young children to pursue a life of luxury with a farang. My sister in law, who at the time believed that she could never have children, agreed to take them in. The kids were obviously traumatised since she could not go to the village store unless they accompanied her. Losing one mother was unfortunate but losing two would have been very careless on their part. Now eight years later they are as lively and balanced as any and they have been blessed with an additional member as sis in law proved her doctor wrong.

The children's father sends money every month and visits as often as he can. My wife and I chip into see that they want for nothing and when we visit, we sit down with them and teach them things that are, it seems, beyond the capabilities of their schoolteachers. Since schools have broken up now for the long holiday, we shall be inundated with kids next week, when the three, accompanied by my wife's daughter and her husband and their new baby and his son from a previous relationship, visit us for a fortnights frolicking on the beach. In our case, the family upbringing seems to work well, but there is no gainsaying that having elderly grandparents taking care is less than satisfactory unless there are able bodied members of the family close at hand.

It's all about education.

I'm going to disagree with this, mostly because I am extremely frustrated with a problem I can't solve right now and want a good argument.

Education only helps where there is appropriate opportunity. The "it's all about education" assumes the postulate that opportunities are open to all, and anyone is free to participate in the dream of a better life through increased industrialization and technology. In short, this trite phrase is firmly based in the religion of progress, where every problem in human society can be overcome by our own rugged determination, and we are not really subject to environmental limitations that affect the rest of those lower species.

Remove the Western "Enlightenment" and the "Renaissance" dogma from the equation, and you can see that education is useful only in a limited sense. If a person is going to be a welder, he needs experience welding. Studying history or literature doesn't really do anything to help him advance his craft. A farmer needs practical experience farming. I'm not saying there are not certain people who can not make efficiency advancements in their particular area by understanding the science of what they are doing, but for most of them, an education will not actually help anything. Lots of people doing the everyday chores that need to get done won't make a single extra baht from increased education. Even literacy doesn't necessarily help everyone, although that does have its practical uses for most people.

The idea that you can be anything, do anything if you just believe is a wonderful story when watch it on the big screen, but in real life it doesn't really apply. Some people who are motivated can benefit from an education. Concentrate on those quality people for education, and give on the job training and supervised experience to everyone else.

Education is not the pancea everyone thinks. For most people, it will get them absolutely nothing. Sad but true. Universal education should be scaled back, with the money saved dedicated to scholarships for the poor but gifted and/or motivated who truly want to learn. Thailand has limited resources. It needs to invest the money wisely. The Thai culture does not lend itself to a highly educated workforce that excels in critical thinking. You can't throw education at a very fundamental, structural problem and expect something to change. I know some people would like to see this, but I would like to have a billion dollars. Neither one of those is going to happen.

I think I have sufficiently dissipated my bad mood for the immediate future, so I'll stop. But I would appreciate the opportunity to take out my frustrations on any one else who wants to push the "education is the answer to everything" mantra. Thai Visa can be very therapeutic at times.

Hope my posting does not hurt anyone.

I noticed that many are quick to blame thai males as being irresponsible and bad fathers and the cause of many unwanted pregnancies and also desserting the girls and kids etc.......not sure how much of this is true....what i have seen in the last 19 years in Thailand is that these days......thai females are more promiscious than the guys. Also , I see a lot of thai females trying to hook and take care of younger males who look good and also a lot of girls always want to hook a cute young male as a bf and most of the time they use sex. I have seen many cases where its the young girls who actually seduce the young guys and then oops...gets pregnant. males are males...give us an opportunity and what do u expect? Some of these young guys are not ready for a relationship and worst still parenthood and what do u expect them to do....flee off course. I think that serious education should first start with the thai females. Stop blaming thai guys. You should sometimes eavesdrop on some of these office girls and female students and you will be shock as to their levels of morality, etc.

I hated this article and seek to push the theory that grandparents are pretty good at raising their grandchildren on the whole. Second-rate compared with good parents, but children of wealthy parents in Thailand seem largely to be raised by maids as I see it! Grandparents are a billion times better; more time, wisdom, care - and generally experience. Kids raised by Grandparents are less abandoned, in my view, that those farmed off to nannies and maids - they can be lonely, spoilt and emotionally stunted.

I noticed that many are quick to blame thai males as being irresponsible and bad fathers and the cause of many unwanted pregnancies and also desserting the girls and kids etc.......not sure how much of this is true....what i have seen in the last 19 years in Thailand is that these days......thai females are more promiscious than the guys. Also , I see a lot of thai females trying to hook and take care of younger males who look good and also a lot of girls always want to hook a cute young male as a bf and most of the time they use sex. I have seen many cases where its the young girls who actually seduce the young guys and then oops...gets pregnant. males are males...give us an opportunity and what do u expect? Some of these young guys are not ready for a relationship and worst still parenthood and what do u expect them to do....flee off course. I think that serious education should first start with the thai females. Stop blaming thai guys. You should sometimes eavesdrop on some of these office girls and female students and you will be shock as to their levels of morality, etc.

Why the higher standard on the females? Do females not also have hormonal urges? Why is it expected a guy is always going to grab sex and the run away but not okay for the girls to want sex. Your post is extremely sexist and out of date. It is these attitudes that attribute greatly to these problems. As long as we pretend girls don't have the same urges they will remain uneducated.

Why the higher standard on the females? Do females not also have hormonal urges? Why is it expected a guy is always going to grab sex and the run away but not okay for the girls to want sex. Your post is extremely sexist and out of date. It is these attitudes that attribute greatly to these problems. As long as we pretend girls don't have the same urges they will remain uneducated.

OK NIsa, all men are bad, all women are good.

Women should have as many kids as they like, and as it's always a mans fault, he should be made to support the woman for the rest of his life.

She should then be allowed a life of leisure, looking after the bad mans children, while he pays for his 10 minutes of pleasure for the rest of his life.

Happy now?

Males have double the brain space and processing power devoted to sex as females. Just as women have an eight-lane superhighway for processing emotion while men have a small country road, men have an International Airport as a hub of processing thoughts about sex whereas women have the airfield nearby that lands small and private planes.

This explains why 85 percent of twenty- to thirty-year-old males think about sex every fifty-two seconds and women think about it once a day -- or up to three or four times on their most fertile days.

I suppose you have noticed that there is a significant industry in Thailand catering to male sexual needs and a very small almost non existent one catering to female sexual needs.

Women should have as many kids as they like, and as it's always a mans fault, he should be made to support the woman for the rest of his life.

She should then be allowed a life of leisure, looking after the bad mans children, while he pays for his 10 minutes of pleasure for the rest of his life.

Happy now?

I think you are confused - Nisa is suggesting both genders should be held to equal standards.

And I would agree.

This explains why 85 percent of twenty- to thirty-year-old males think about sex every fifty-two seconds and women think about it once a day -- or up to three or four times on their most fertile days.

Your age is showing. You are stuck in your upbringing, with old values, and try to squeeze the world into the model. It doesn't fit.

I can by experience, and reported experience from friends, tell you that women think about sex as much as us. And those that can act on it - do.

Yours truly, Mr 'rarely needs to take the first step'.

Edited by TAWP

I think you are confused - Nisa is suggesting both genders should be held to equal standards.

And I would agree.

The only reason a woman gets pregnant is because she wants to.

Her body, her choice.

Only in the western world she often wants a man to pay for 'her choice'

Until men have the right to chose to have a baby or not (abort or proceed), there will never be equality.

IMHO the world would be a better place if, once a child was conceived, both parents would either agree to pay for the child or a compulsory abortion arranged.

The only reason a woman gets pregnant is because she wants to.

Her body, her choice.

You have no f*cking idea what you are talking about.

As someone close to a girl that carried a pregnancy from rape to full term your assertion is both insulting and narrow-minded.

Your age is showing. You are stuck in your upbringing, with old values, and try to squeeze the world into the model. It doesn't fit.

I can by experience, and reported experience from friends, tell you that women think about sex as much as us. And those that can act on it - do.

Yours truly, Mr 'rarely needs to take the first step'.

My age is showing!!!! Your limited experience is showing.

10:33AM GMT 08 Jan 2010

Researchers found the average male turns their thoughts to sexual intercourse 13 times a day – a total of 4,745 times every year.

Almost a third even admitted it is often the first thing they think about when they wake up in the mornings.

In comparison, women think about sex just five times day – or 1,825 times a year.

A spokesman for market research company www.Onepoll.com said: ''Men are well-known for thinking about sex a lot, but to find out exactly how often is staggering.

Suggest you read some research on a very well documented topic rather than your anecdotal evidence of a very small group of people who live in a land dominated by women who understand the male sexual being despite their limited access to education or modern feminist training and indoctrination.

Happy now?

And I would agree.

The guys want to score, It's the girls final decision, winter draws on legs closed, she is more mature at that young age than he is. ....It takes 2 to tango.............My 5 sisters in our young days, were instructed never to bring shame on the family, They were told never to get into a situation with a boy in the first place..... It was the fear factor that prevented pregnencies. But you still had the odd unwanted ones.............again the fear factor---------many families don't even bother to talk about it in rural Thai----and it is true they gain big money from the boys family in payment---stupidity and greed. sad but true ....There are words like NO--or plastic bag time please, wrong time of the month.... in our local bars, rural Thai-mostly it's the girls that are chasing the young guys. I dont put the blame on her----He can equally say I'm not in the mood..... but will he ????

Edited by ginjag

The other thing no one has mentioned will be obvious to anyone who has been a teacher in a government school in a small town setting in Thailand. Boys are allowed to hit and dominate girls in school. They are allowed to strike and harass them almost at will. This behavior reinforces male dominance and allows all but the most independent females to be overly influenced by young Thai men.

Happy now?

You might want to examine either your reading comprehension abilities and/or your incredibly slanted views.

The other thing no one has mentioned will be obvious to anyone who has been a teacher in a government school in a small town setting in Thailand. Boys are allowed to hit and dominate girls in school. They are allowed to strike and harass them almost at will. This behavior reinforces male dominance and allows all but the most independent females to be overly influenced by young Thai men.

As in most countries (especially developing & 3rd world), Thailand treats the male child as much more valuable and entitled. What is odd about this is that in Thailand it is the females that are almost always the ones who take care of the parents financially when they get older as well as being financially responsible for the the children when the mother and father and not together.

Edited by Nisa

I can't help but wonder if those so intent on not holding a male equally responsible for a child they and their mate bring into this world are some of the folks who run to Thailand to avoid the law back home that demands the father take financial responsibility ... and in a number of countries face jail if they do not.

Probably some men in the crowd too who hold the man blameless and put all responsibility on the women but are also anti-choice when it comes to abortion.

Edited by Nisa

Children in such households have less chance of attending higher education, with male children pursuing undergraduate study decreasing by 25 per cent and females pursuing uppersecondary level falling by 0.2 per cent.

At 2 10th of 1% for girls it would seem statistically irrelevant.

When in comes to a child, it is never irrelevant.

Children in such households have less chance of attending higher education, with male children pursuing undergraduate study decreasing by 25 per cent and females pursuing uppersecondary level falling by 0.2 per cent.

At 2 10th of 1% for girls it would seem statistically irrelevant.

When in comes to a child, it is never irrelevant.

Statistically irrelevant = well within the margin of error = this particular issue (according to this report) has absolutely no effect whatsoever on a young girl pursuing upper secondary schooling. So, if you want to point out an error ... you are incorrect when you say this statistic is relevant unless to say there is no effect. In fact it is such a tiny fraction that a full and complete survey could possibly show more girls living with their grandparent(s) attend high school. This is why the statistic (if not a typo) is completely irrelevant except to say there is no measurable change.

What is interesting is that they aren't sharing the same criteria for girls as they did for boys. Girls they spoke of secondary level school (high school) and boys they spoke of attending college.

Edited by Nisa

...as the continued trend of a couple of generations of Thai girls that would not prefer to have a Thai guy in their lives.

As in most countries (especially developing & 3rd world), Thailand treats the male child as much more valuable and entitled. What is odd about this is that in Thailand it is the females that are almost always the ones who take care of the parents financially when they get older as well as being financially responsible for the the children when the mother and father and not together.

Strange that this is another idea of which I have exactly the opposite experience.

My wife, her family and every other Thai family I know (and I live with Thai families in a completely Thai area) value female children above all others and consider male children worthless.

As you already said, the female children grow up to look after the families, the boys rarely contribute.

Edited by pjclark1

What is interesting is that they aren't sharing the same criteria for girls as they did for boys. Girls they spoke of secondary level school (high school) and boys they spoke of attending college.

For once we totally agree, why on earth would they change the criteria, makes you think they are trying to hide something that doesn't quite fit with the facts they are trying to project.

PS

My daughter (Thai age 13) just left with mum to take her entrance exam to High school. Only 300 places available in the top CM government school and everyone wants their kids to go there.

Edited by pjclark1