Reductil (Meridia)

acoolbreeze

Recently on my last visit I was able to purchase Reductil in Pattaya.

I asked for something for weight loss and was immediately offered this.

I was actually after Duromine but this was not an option. I was then shown Xenical.

Anyway, I am aware of Reductil (and Duromine/Xenical) and its implications.

My question is; it seems this is banned just about everywhere, including Thailand (EU, Australia, North America), so why was I able to purchase it?

Is it fake?

FYI, it was B1500 for 100 tablets.

I'm a little reluctant to take it given its reputation (its banned for a reason after all). Has anyone had recent experience?

Cheers.

its one of the drugs people take for weight loss

the other most popular being Phentermine. They are NOT baned but are prescription medicatiuons and can be obtained in most countries and even online with an online consultation

Meridia (Sibutramine), is an alternative to Phentermine. It works by affecting appetite control centers in the brain. Sibutramine (Meridia) is the only appetite suppressant / diet pill medication approved for longer-term use in significantly obese patients although the safety and effectiveness have not been established for use beyond one year.

Xenical is a prescription weight loss medication useful for the long term treatment of significant obesity for patients with a BMI of over 30.

Xenical is a weight loss medication that targets the absorption of fat in your body rather than suppressing your appetite. It is useful for long-term use and has been shown to be effective for 1-2 years. Dietary fats are inhibited from being absorbed and this allows about 30% of the fat eaten in the meal to pass thorough the gut undigested. This helps you to reduce and maintain your weight, as well as minimize any weight regain.This medication can also help to improve risk factors, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high blood sugar which, if not treated, could lead to other diseases such as hypertension and diabetes. Each Xenical capsule contains 120 mg of the active substance Orlistat, which acts as a lipase inhibitor.

Phentermine is used as an appetite suppressant and works best as part of an overall weight reduction program that also includes dieting, exercise, and counseling

Edited by phuketrichard

Why use ANY drugs? Does it really help?I was very fat (350 kilos) for most of my life. I have been on diets and lost weight, but I have never used drugs.I built a pool at my house in Chiang Mai in 2003. I swam every day for 3 years, and I lost 150 kilos. No sweat! I wasn't even trying to lose weight until I realised that I was a much smaller man! My photos to prove my story...2002 http://asiarecipe.com/images/FatLarry2.jpg

http://asiarecipe.com/images/larry2006.jpg

Edited by LJW

Some drugs certainly help, i use some of them in combination with a healthy diet and a strict exercise regime. I am not fat by most definitions though my BMI would indicate i am. I am trying to get my abs to look a lot better because the rest of my body is muscular. I have found that it is really hard for me to loose weight even if i do it all right. So i take some drugs sometimes to enhance the results.

I only drink water, eat oatmeal once or twice a day without sugars added. I cook (grill) some meat and boil vegetables (no sauces) no other carbs.I ad some fish oil caps for healthy fats and make sure the total calories are not to high (i weigh my food). That combined with a real heavy load of exercises ( 5 x 5 from Mark Rippetoe (squat / benchpress / deadlifts) 3 to 4 times a week. (yes you burn loads with weightlifting don't believe the old wives tales that cardio is better)

This still does not produce results in a fast way so yes then i take some drugs to help me have a bit of an edge and keep motivated. That is my whole reason. So i was looking into this drug to suppress my apatite a bit so i could go even lower on calories. Im still not sure about it, i have used others before and they seemed to work too.

Why use ANY drugs? Does it really help?I was very fat (350 kilos) for most of my life. I have been on diets and lost weight, but I have never used drugs.I built a pool at my house in Chiang Mai in 2003. I swam every day for 3 years, and I lost 150 kilos. No sweat! I wasn't even trying to lose weight until I realised that I was a much smaller man! My photos to prove my story...2002 http://asiarecipe.co...s/FatLarry2.jpg

http://asiarecipe.co...s/larry2006.jpg

how long did you swim for each day?

rick

• 1 month later...

Why use ANY drugs? Does it really help?I was very fat (350 kilos) for most of my life. I have been on diets and lost weight, but I have never used drugs.I built a pool at my house in Chiang Mai in 2003. I swam every day for 3 years, and I lost 150 kilos. No sweat! I wasn't even trying to lose weight until I realised that I was a much smaller man! My photos to prove my story...2002 http://asiarecipe.co...s/FatLarry2.jpg

http://asiarecipe.co...s/larry2006.jpg

Larry I hate to be an arsehol_e but those pictures dont prove any story. The first pic shows you in full as overweight, the second pic shows just your head. Its not the best before and after pic lol. Do you have any others?

the other most popular being Phentermine. They are NOT baned but are prescription medicatiuons and can be obtained in most countries and even online with an online consultation

Meridia (Sibutramine), is an alternative to Phentermine. It works by affecting appetite control centers in the brain. Sibutramine (Meridia) is the only appetite suppressant / diet pill medication approved for longer-term use in significantly obese patients although the safety and effectiveness have not been established for use beyond one year.

Xenical is a prescription weight loss medication useful for the long term treatment of significant obesity for patients with a BMI of over 30.

Xenical is a weight loss medication that targets the absorption of fat in your body rather than suppressing your appetite. It is useful for long-term use and has been shown to be effective for 1-2 years. Dietary fats are inhibited from being absorbed and this allows about 30% of the fat eaten in the meal to pass thorough the gut undigested. This helps you to reduce and maintain your weight, as well as minimize any weight regain.This medication can also help to improve risk factors, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high blood sugar which, if not treated, could lead to other diseases such as hypertension and diabetes. Each Xenical capsule contains 120 mg of the active substance Orlistat, which acts as a lipase inhibitor.

Phentermine is used as an appetite suppressant and works best as part of an overall weight reduction program that also includes dieting, exercise, and counseling

I'm too fat @ 180cm and 97kg. The excess is mostly man boobs and beer belly even though I've cut my beer intake dramatically since a couple of months already. I'm working on it but it's really hard to get rid of. I work out 1.5 hour/day 5-6 times a week and trying to control my eating habits.

Do you know the availability of these drugs in Thailand?

I just looked them up in WikiPedia and except for Xenical they seem to have some serious potential side effects (heart attacks for example). But I guess Xenical is also the least effective of them, right?

I'm too fat @ 180cm and 97kg. The excess is mostly man boobs and beer belly even though I've cut my beer intake dramatically since a couple of months already. I'm working on it but it's really hard to get rid of. I work out 1.5 hour/day 5-6 times a week and trying to control my eating habits.

Do you know the availability of these drugs in Thailand?

I just looked them up in WikiPedia and except for Xenical they seem to have some serious potential side effects (heart attacks for example). But I guess Xenical is also the least effective of them, right?

Hey there

Went in to a pharmacy on Phuket ablut 6 months ago and asked for weightloss medication. Sold me Sibutramine (appetite depressant) and Clenbuterol (the one Alberto Contador got busted for) which athletes use to squeeze the last grams of fat off. No questions asked, but the pharmacist recommended I check on the side effects. It worked well, but I lost motivation and stopped. On Atkins Diet now and it works wonders. Most important though - there's no way around cutting down the beers and alcohol in general.

Good luck

• 2 months later...

I tried those "weight loss steroids" they sell cheaply on the Internet. And they really worked for awhile combined with exercise and diet. Its a two part program. I got really strong at the same time staying at the same weight in the first part.

Here's'my picture after only 1 month.

post-26396-0-49523900-1311501282_thumb.j

Then I started the second part. And 6 months later I looked like this!

post-26396-0-49523900-1311501282_thumb.j

Worked didn't it?

post-26396-0-95348000-1311501374_thumb.j

I can make jokes about weight loss because I lost 40lbs without drugs since January. Watched what I ate and started walking as much as I can. Walking up to 5KM every two or three days. Wasn't easy but did it. I plan on loosing another 10-15 if I can. So you can lose weight with drugs you just need to set your mind to do it. Stick with it.