Any Tips For Fishing Shadow Lake?

113johnn

Hi Guys,

Me and a friend are going to fish Shadow Lake tomorrow. I know it's not an easy place to fish so was wondering if anyone could give us some tips? ie depth, bait etc.

I have my own tackle and will try to get the guides to help with my very limited thai. We are not targeting any specific fish and if we blank we blank no big deal, but it would be nice to catch something!

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

Ok my tip for you:

Use 2 rods one with bread going out as far as you can (needed to get real close to the other side) This will be the rod you can expect to catch the most on (but not the biggest fish). (no float)

One rod with only the hook and some syrofome balls and put the massage bread direct on the hook. (this is hard to cast so you will stay much closer). Dump some small balls of the massage bread all around where your fishing and wait for say 25-30 min to get it back.

Ok my tip for you:

Use 2 rods one with bread going out as far as you can (needed to get real close to the other side) This will be the rod you can expect to catch the most on (but not the biggest fish). (no float)

One rod with only the hook and some syrofome balls and put the massage bread direct on the hook. (this is hard to cast so you will stay much closer). Dump some small balls of the massage bread all around where your fishing and wait for say 25-30 min to get it back.

Thanks for the info Robblok. Do they sell bait and end tackle there?

Ok my tip for you:

Thanks for the info Robblok. Do they sell bait and end tackle there?

They do sell bait and some end tackle. Not much but you dont need much. There is a big chance you will be seeing me there tomorrow. If your on the left side

Edited by robblok

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would post an update,

Went fishing at Shadow Lake last Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I caught 4 mekong catfish and 2 striped catfish.

When I turned up I got speaking to 2 Thai fishermen and they helped me set up and I was pretty active all day. I lost another 4 fish including a small carp at the net.

I personally enjoyed this venue more than fishing Bungsamran with a guide, just because I did most of the work myself. Very good value for money.

John

Nice. Glad you had lots of fish.

I myself have had times where I caught nothing for 6 hours. Changed a few things after talking to locals and then had 3 fish on 3 rods all at once.

So me, the girlfriend and a local were all catching fish at the same time. Fish were literally taking the bait on impact with the water. They must have been waiting

under the surface with their mouths open. :)

It can be a hard venue at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you give me a map ref as I am having a lot of difficulty finding this place.

regards

Steve

Ok my tip for you:

Can you give me a map ref as I am having a lot of difficulty finding this place.

regards

Steve

Ok my tip for you:

Try this, http://www.john-tom.com/FishingInThailand/FishingInThailand.html

• 2 weeks later...