Honda Cbr400 For Sale

Honda CBR400 - former owner is a respected long term expat businessman, available as reference and verification. He purchased about 14 years ago from Red Baron. Japanese import. Five years unused, stored under cover. Comes with original Green Book....in his ex-wife's name.

Two years ago I handed the bike over to a bike shop in Bangkok and had 'everything that needed doing', done (Baht 40,000+). Including new fairings, upholstery, disk assembly etc. Recently installed new genuine battery and new regulator.

Good bike, great engine. Very underused the last 10 years.

I'm on Thepprasit Rd, Jomtien. Ph 0818630784 Colin. Price: Baht 80,000.

post-66519-0-61199200-1300788280_thumb.j

If the green book is in the ex owners, ex-wifes name how are you doing the transfer to the new owner??

Same status I have had with the bike....the Green Book is, and will remain, adequate legal status in Thailand....it would be an issue to take the bike across a border though.

That's the deal on offer....with Green Book, as is.

So there is no chance to change the green book into the purchaser name ?

Unless the registered owner (in the green book) is present to authorise the transfer document, they remain the legal owner.

LOL, sif anyone would pay 80k for something they cannot own, amazing Thailand !!!

Sorry Op. But that is what i was getting at if the green book can not be transfered then the person on the green book can reclaim the bike at any time.. So at 80,000b it's a bit expensive for an old bike with dubious green book.

You could contact the named owner in the book and see if she will provide signed transfer documents and copies of her id card. Then it can be transfered ok.

Good luck with the sale.

Unless the registered owner (in the green book) is present to authorise the transfer document, they remain the legal owner.

Not quite.

The legal owner can sign a power of attorney. As the guy above me said.

Edited by powderpuff

Sorry Op. But that is what i was getting at if the green book can not be transfered then the person on the green book can reclaim the bike at any time.. So at 80,000b it's a bit expensive for an old bike with dubious green book.

You could contact the named owner in the book and see if she will provide signed transfer documents and copies of her id card. Then it can be transfered ok.

Good luck with the sale.

Thaicbr, you have made a good, valid point. I have had the luxury of knowing the former owner and knowing of his former wife. It's been about 13 years and there has been no claim on the bike, not likely to be. A few years ago I read most of the bike forums and having a Green Book in another name seemed accepted and not uncommon. The green Book was adequate for safety inspection, re-licensing and police inspection when being transported. Never a problem. I do know there are many far less 'legal' bikes on the road. Except for crossing borders (not going to happen), the question might be....has anyone had a problem because of the Green Book being in another name? I do want to make the distinction that it is a legitimate Green Book that belongs to this bike.

It's a bit complicated with the ex-wife, there was illness and a new lady involved in the estrangement and I'm not comfortable to ask my mate to go back into that territory just to add value to my sale. So it's bike with Green Book in another name.

I appreciate your comment on the valuation. It reads as... a quality bike could be priced at 80K, but for you the Green Book name transfer is a devaluation. That's fair enough.

I would buy the same bike and Green Book again at that price. So I'll leave my target price as is, but bidders are welcome. The market can sort it out.

Thanks for your input.

• 5 months later...