Bomb blast kills woman at Jerusalem bus stop

News_Editor

Bomb blast kills woman at Jerusalem bus stop

2011-03-24 01:28:17 GMT+7 (ICT)

JERUSALEM (BNO NEWS) -- A woman was killed and dozens more were injured on Wednesday afternoon when a bomb exploded next to a bus in central Jerusalem, officials said.

The attack happened at around 3 p.m. local time when an explosive device inside a bag detonated next to Egged bus 74, which was parked opposite of the Binyanei Ha'uma building in central Jerusalem. Several buses nearby were also damaged.

Police said a 60-year-old woman died of her injuries following the explosion, while 39 others also sustained injuries. Three of them were seriously injured.

Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat soon arrived at the scene of the attack where he was briefed by security officials on the situation. He wished the injured a speedy recovery and called on the public to be on alert.

"It's important to return to our regular routines as quickly as possible. When terror attempts to disrupt our way of life, the best solution is to get back to normal as quickly as possible," Barkat said, inviting residents and visitors to participate in a planned Marathon on Friday. "Events in Jerusalem will not be cancelled and Jerusalem will not stop running."

Immediately after receiving report of the attack, Municipal teams were dispatched to the scene where a mobile logistics center was set up to accommodate all relevant municipal services, including those relating to welfare, psychological support and youth and education services.

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, but international leaders were quick to condemn the act. Among them is United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, who said such attacks are "unacceptable."

"The Secretary-General is deeply concerned and calls for an immediate cessation of acts of terrorism and violence against civilians in order to prevent further escalation and loss of life," said Martin Nesirky, Ban's spokesman.

Both Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayad also condemned the attack. "I condemn this terrorist operation, in the strongest terms, regardless of which party standing behind it," Fayad said, as cited by the Palestinian official news agency WAFA.

In the United States, President Barack Obama said he condemned the bombing and recent rocket and mortars fired from Gaza in the strongest possible terms. "Together with the American people, I offer my deepest condolences for those injured or killed," Obama said. "There is never any possible justification for terrorism."

Obama further called on the groups responsible for the attacks to stop them and underscored that Israel "like all nations, has a right to self-defense." He also expressed his condolences for the deaths of three Palestinian children and their uncle on Tuesday in the Gaza Strip. They were killed by an Israeli tank shell.

Meanwhile, in Europe, British Foreign Secretary William Hague said the news of the attack is "shocking and deeply distressing." He said the United Kingdom was urgently seeking information about the cause of the explosion and sent his condolences to those affected.

"This appears to have been a callous and disgusting act of terrorism directed against innocent civilians which I condemn unreservedly," Hague said. "I would like to express the UK's unwavering support for the people of Israel in the face of such horrific acts."

European Parliament President Jerzy Buzek also condemned the attack, saying terrorism can never, in any form or for whatever reason, be justified. "In this time of change, everything should be done to avoid entering into a spiral of violence, which would benefit no one," Buzek said.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-24

Obama further called on the groups responsible for the attacks to stop them and underscored that Israel "like all nations, has a right to self-defense."

Exactly, President Obama. Israel isn't subject to special standards that don't apply to other countries. It is a NATION like any other with every right to defend itself from terrorist murderers.

No comment (or claim for credit) from HAMAS yet (the elected radical fundamentalist Islamist government of Gaza openly dedicated to wiping out Jewish Israel)? If you don't know what radical fundamentalist Islamist means, they murder their homosexuals, so now you know. So when liberal westerners defend Hamas, that's what they are defending.

Reminder, Israel like any civilized nation targets enemy military targets and sadly sometimes misses; the Palestinian fighters target innocent civilians, that is called terrorism.

post-37101-0-85949000-1300910118_thumb.j

Hamas pre school, Palestinian parents showing their LOVE

Edited by Jingthing

The source of your photo barrybrumfield.com shows ones more where you come from. :crazy:

there are no sources, no proof or really anything at all to satisfy you. Only what is posted by you is legitimate while everything else is NO PROOF

:crazy:

Did you check out barrybrumfield.com?

Can be hardly compared with a report of an United Nations Fact Finding Mission that was endorsed worldwide.

Reminder, Israel like any civilized nation targets enemy military targets and sadly sometimes misses; the Palestinian fighters target innocent civilians, that is called terrorism.

Yes. Civilised.:whistling:

Obama further called on the groups responsible for the attacks to stop them and underscored that Israel "like all nations, has a right to self-defense."

Exactly, President Obama. Israel isn't subject to special standards that don't apply to other countries. It is a NATION like any other with every right to defend itself from terrorist murderers.

No comment (or claim for credit) from HAMAS yet (the elected radical fundamentalist Islamist government of Gaza openly dedicated to wiping out Jewish Israel)? If you don't know what radical fundamentalist Islamist means, they murder their homosexuals, so now you know. So when liberal westerners defend Hamas, that's what they are defending.

Jingthing,

yesterday i was on the verge of commending you for your rather rational stance and postings. today you missed the mark. may i draw your intention to the roots from which "radical fundamentalist Islamists" got the idea to murder homosexuals? not that it matters in a thread which should be confined to discuss a bomb blast which killed innocent people.

may i draw your intention to the roots from which "radical fundamentalist Islamists" got the idea to murder homosexuals?

Gal-darn, was that the Jeeews fault too? You sure are downright "educated' about all this Israel stuff. :lol:

Edited by Ulysses G.

Jewish fundamentalists don't murder homosexuals. Islamic ones do. Who cares where the Muslims got the idea? The issue is PRACTICES today. Israel is the capital of gay culture in the Middle East. Gay Arab Israelis appreciate that very much, they would be murdered by their own people if Hamas conquered Israel.

Many western liberals demonize Israel but in my view don't really understand the kind of enemy Israel is dealing with. The kind of enemy that would murder many of them if they had to live under them. If point out this truth is irrational, I think I like being irrational.

Edited by Jingthing

Jingthing,

yesterday i was on the verge of commending you for your rather rational stance and postings. today you missed the mark. may i draw your intention to the roots from which "radical fundamentalist Islamists" got the idea to murder homosexuals? not that it matters in a thread which should be confined to discuss a bomb blast which killed innocent people.

Yes they lifted some of the most tolerant contemporary practices from the Christian crusaders and Spanish Inquisition. :) They didn't stop there though, Apostates, adulterers and Jews are murdered just for being add to that judicial amputation, floggings, stonings, honour killings, suicide bombers and female circumcision.

I bet I've gone and done it now and you'll be disappointed in me too. :(

Jewish fundamentalists don't murder homosexuals. Islamic ones do. Who cares where the Muslims got the idea? The issue is PRACTICES today. Israel is the capital of gay culture in the Middle East. Gay Arab Israelis appreciate that very much, they would be murdered by their own people if Hamas conquered Israel.

Many western liberals demonize Israel but in my view don't really understand the kind of enemy Israel is dealing with. The kind of enemy that would murder many of them if they had to live under them. If point out this truth is irrational, I think I like being irrational.

I doubt that is a gay or not gay issue.

But i wanna know what gay activist say about this read here more:

Queers Against Israeli Apartheid

You may wanna also check what your friend and trusted source barrybrumfield.com has to say about gays and Obama.

Btw. isn't the term "western liberal" nowadays some anti-semitic slur word, because many western liberals are Jewish.

You may wanna also check what your friend and trusted source barrybrumfield.com has to say about gays and Obama.

Btw. isn't the term "western liberal" nowadays some anti-semitic slur word, because many western liberals are Jewish.

I guess the gay Israeli-Arabs won't be joining them in light of the treatment they could expect in the entire rest of the middle east.

I guess the gay Israeli-Arabs won't be joining them in light of the treatment they could expect in the entire rest of the middle east.

Topic: Bomb blast kills woman at Jerusalem bus stop

I doubt that Arab gays will turn into Zionists over this.

Topic: Bomb blast kills woman at Jerusalem bus stop

I doubt that Arab gays will turn into Zionists over this.

You've found that 'Z' key again good on you. :clap2:

Jingthing,

Yes they lifted some of the most tolerant contemporary practices from the Christian crusaders and Spanish Inquisition. :) They didn't stop there though, Apostates, adulterers and Jews are murdered just for being add to that judicial amputation, floggings, stonings, honour killings, suicide bombers and female circumcision.

Someone posted a video on another thread depicting Hamas thugs in Gaza breaking up a wedding party where there was singing. They said the attendees were being taken away to be murdered. I recall they showed beatings. Can anyone confirm whether this is actually a Hamas policy? I know they are radical Islamic fundamentalists so it's fair to assume they share similarities to the Taliban. Remember Hamas was voted in, even though I am sure plenty of Gazans regret it, this was their "democratic" choice. I don't mean to focus on gays. They provide an example of a much wider barbaric brutality. I think it is fair for liberal westerners to label radical Islamic fundamentalist theocracies as barbaric IF they are barbaric. If they're murdering gay, women rape victims, wedding party singers, etc. they are coming from a very DARK ancient age rational people don't want to regress to. That's not the same thing as saying all Muslims are barbaric or terrorists, they obviously aren't. There is nothing wrong with having values, and the values of Hamas have nothing in common with the values of modern western people. Also, they don't only want to kill Jews, don't kid yourself. To barbarians wanting to live in their dark ages, modern largely secular Israel with it's "decadent" western culture (it IS very Europeanized) definitely rubs them the wrong way.

(Readers please note, I have bangkokeddy on ignore, which is an action I can recommend to others, but it's up to you.)

Edited by Jingthing

Jewish fundamentalists don't murder homosexuals. ...

Violence erupts at Gay Pride Parade

Religious youngster stabs three Jerusalem parade participants; Magen David Adom says marchers sustain light, medium injuries

JERUSALEM - A religious Jew stabbed three people during clashes between dozens of ultra-Orthodox Jews and thousands of Gay Pride Parade marchers in central Jerusalem Thursday.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3106491,00.html

Someone posted a video on another thread depicting Hamas thugs in Gaza breaking up a wedding party where there was singing. They said the attendees were being taken away to be murdered. I recall they showed beatings. Can anyone confirm whether this is actually a Hamas policy? I know they are radical Islamic fundamentalists so it's fair to assume they share similarities to the Taliban. Remember Hamas was voted in, even though I am sure plenty of Gazans regret it, this was their "democratic" choice. I don't mean to focus on gays. They provide an example of a much wider barbaric brutality. I think it is fair for liberal westerners to label radical Islamic fundamentalist theocracies as barbaric IF they are barbaric. If they're murdering gay, women rape victims, wedding party singers, etc. they are coming from a very DARK ancient age rational people don't want to regress to. That's not the same thing as saying all Muslims are barbaric, they obviously aren't. There is nothing wrong with having values, and the values of Hamas have nothing in common with the values of modern western people. Also, they don't only want to kill Jews, don't kid yourself.

(Readers please note, I have bangkokeddy on ignore, which is an action I can recommend to others, but it's up to you.)

Hi Jing,

I'm looking for it, in the meantime here is what women can expect under an Islamic theocracy. It's about Egypt, but bare in mind Hamas was spawned from the Muslim brotherhood.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nina-burleigh/egypt-and-the-universal-r_b_819178.html

But Islamist efforts to keep women segregated in these modern times have reached ridiculous levels. Iraqis whisper that extremists have even shot storekeepers for stowing "male and female vegetables" (cucumbers and tomatoes apparently) together. An Egyptian cleric in 2009 decreed that men and women may only work together in offices if the women have breast-fed the men. That cleric was forced to retract the decree, and was fired, then reinstated. But the decree was reiterated by another cleric in Saudi Arabia.

Jingthing,

i am not disappointed but you are plain wrong. the Qr'an and most of its commandments are based on the Old Testament. old Prophet Mohamed made it easy for himself by galore "copying and pasting" and disregarding any copyright laws ;)

that you believe that female circumcision is an "islamic" invention, respectively your reference to crusaders and inquisition proves your lack of information. the same applies to death by stoning of apostates, adulterers, homosexuals and what not. it's all crystal clear mentioned in the "Holy Bible", Part One (Old Testament) for you to read.

p.s. if you don't know how to "google" let me know and i will give you a helping hand by posting a dozen links what judaic draconic laws applied (by order of the "LORD" HIMself) a couple of milleniae before Islam surfaced.

pps. this discussion is still centered on irrelevant bullshite and will definitely not pinpoint any reasons why <deleted> happens since decades, actually since several thousand years, in the "Holy Land".

If we are talking about origins of barbaric practices of the Abrahamic religions, of course Judaism is the original and oldest Abrahamic religion.

Back to the modern age, narrowing this down to murdering homosexuals.

Jews -- don't do it and don't advocate for it. More orthodox sects sometimes hold funeral type ceremonies for gay family members AS IF they were dead (and that's horrible, kind of like disowning someone on steroids) but they do NOT actually murder them nor do they campaign to change the law to allow murdering them. Also, such hard core sects are a small minority of all Jews. Not to mention a huge percentage of Jews in the world, including Israel, are totally SECULAR.

Muslims -- Radical fundamentalist Islamic regimes are making murdering gays a POLICY. In Iran, the gays do have a choice, they can opt to cut off their penis and become a woman (paid for by the state). That's great for trannies, but the majority of gay men value their penis like nobody's business. Of course, the other option for Iranian (and one would assume Gazan) gays is to go into DEEP DEEP closet and live in fear for the rest of your life, never being allowed to even try to pursue your own kind of happiness.

Christians -- There are indeed sects of radical right wing fundamentalist Christians who favor a "biblical" view of gays, which to them means murder them. So they have a lot in common with radical Muslims. These people are also BARBARIC but thankfully as yet they haven't totally taken over the government of any country (unlike the radical Muslims).

If you're trying to BLAME MODERN JEWS for the modern day barbarism of Islamic fundies, I would strongly suggest that is antisemitism taken to the level of theater of the absurd.

Edited by Jingthing

The point is that Jewish society, for the most part, transcended the sociopathic fiction of scripture centuries ago, whereas Islamic fanatics still follow it chapter and verse and Islamic fundamentalists have even expanded the perverse and beastial nature of literal adherence to scripture and taken it to new depths.

P.S A history lesson is hardly relevent if we have transcended ancient history.

The point is that Jewish society, for the most part, transcended the sociopathic fiction of scripture centuries ago, whereas Islamic fanatics still follow it chapter and verse and Islamic fundamentalists have even expanded the perverse and beastial nature of literal adherence to scripture and taken it to new depths.

P.S A history lesson is hardly relevent if we have transcended ancient history.

Well put, SD. I guess I couldn't help myself from waxing poetical about Iranians and their affection for prick-ectomies.

Muslims ...

Here we go,... again.

http://www.imaan.org.uk

Imaan supports LGBT Muslim people, their families and friends, to address issues of sexual orientation within Islam. It provides a safe space and support network to address issues of common concern through sharing individual experiences and institutional resources.

Imaan promotes the Islamic values of peace, social justice and tolerance through its work, and aspires to bring about a world that is free from prejudice and discrimination against all Muslims and LGBT people.

http://www.al-fatiha.org/

Al-Fatiha is dedicated to Muslims of all cultural and ethnic backgrounds who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, and questioning or exploring their sexual orientation and/or gender identity (LGBTIQQ), and their families, friends and allies.

Al-Fatiha promotes the progressive Islamic notions of peace, equality and justice. We envision a world that is free from prejudice, injustice and discrimination, where all people are fully embraced and accepted into their families, faith and communities.

Homosexual and 'passionate about Islam'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13712248/ns/world_news-islam_in_europe/